Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL-X 2039 Offseason Thread

2038 Awards:

Hitter of the Year:

CL - Richie Moore (Chicago)

RL - Phil Harrington (Spring)

Mauro Morales Award:

CL - Garrett 'Braveheart' Sweeney (Washington)

RL - Tynan Francis (Las Vegas)

Rookie of the Year:

CL - Eng-hee Kan (Havana)

RL - Ludovico Street (Waikiki)

Commissioner's Award:

CL - Alfredo Palma (Oshawa)

RL - Alberto Díaz (Portland)

Best Fielders:

CL:
Pitcher: Wicaksono Layar (Havana Banana Sluggers)
Catcher: Anastasio Sánchez (St Louis Hops)
First Baseman: Matt Rolfe (Stafford Terriers)
Second Baseman: Salla Ruhiu (Stafford Terriers)
Third Baseman: Scott Bean (Toledo Archers)
Shortstop: Edgar Méndez (Plantana Pirates)
Left Fielder: Paul Jones (St Louis Hops)
Center Fielder: Ángel Castillo (Havana Banana Sluggers)
Right Fielder: Mike Humphrey (St Cloud Raindrops)

RL:
Pitcher: Juan Hernández (Las Vegas Wildcats)
Catcher: Adrián Vallejo (New York Legends)
First Baseman: Takanibu Inoue (New York Legends)
Second Baseman: Júlio Molina (Cleveland Naps)
Third Baseman: Sam Wilson (Waikiki Beach Boys)
Shortstop: Marcos Rosales (Las Vegas Wildcats)
Left Fielder: Ramón González (Spring Lions)
Center Fielder: Trent Bentley (Portland Axemen)
Right Fielder: Brett Edgar (Spring Lions)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time, getting exports now

Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent CL Ed O'Brian to a 2-year contract worth a total of $434,000.
Thursday, November 18th, 2038
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent 1B António Guerra to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,642,000.
Chicago Southpaws: Signed free agent SP Ignacio Delgado to a 3-year contract worth a total of $4,293,000.

Tuesday, November 16th, 2038
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent C Bernaldyn Roldan to a 3-year contract worth a total of $3,435,000.
Monday, November 1st, 2038
Portland Axemen: Signed LF Roark McKelvie to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $3,263,646.
Portland Axemen: Signed MR Fernando Ruíz to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $569,250.
Washington Freedom: Signed 3B Francisco Rodríguez to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed MR Otis Harris to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $3,961,980.
Washington Freedom: Signed SP Garrett Sweeney to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $48,200,000.
Portland Axemen: Signed C Fernando Rivera to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,480,050.
Washington Freedom: Signed 3B José Reyes to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $14,100,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed CF Ad Lorent to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $32,946,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Jesse Lane to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $1,800,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed 3B Hugh Bailey to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Alberto Quintana to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $1,000,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed RF Alfredo Palma to a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $43,125,000.

Sunday, October 31st, 2038
Oshawa Mullets: Signed 2B Roberto Noriega to a minor league contract extension.
Saturday, October 30th, 2038
Portland Axemen: Signed 1B Rich Stanley to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $18,102,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed MR Garry Dingwell to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,390,350.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Miguel Fernández to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $150,000.
Friday, October 29th, 2038
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed LF Gilbert Dower to a minor league contract extension.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed SS António Navarro to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed CF Jiong Sima to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $360,000.
Thursday, October 28th, 2038
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Gerwin Verberk to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $150,000.
Portland Axemen: Signed LF Brandon Murphy to a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $32,140,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed 3B Rodrigo Domínguez to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,983,750.
Washington Freedom: Signed C Armando Salas to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $350,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed SP Roberto Sánchez to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $5,200,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Freddy Carbajal to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $720,000.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Free Agency starts tomorrow morning

Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Pedersen Honored by FOOLX Hall of Fame
Saturday, November 20th, 2038: The FOOL-X Hall of Fame just added a fine center fielder and hitter to its number. The newest member of baseball's most elite group is Bernt Pedersen.

"I always knew I was good enough to play, but the Hall of Fame was one of the few things I never even dreamed of," said Pedersen at his induction ceremony. "For me to focus a lot on the individual, that's not the way I learned to play the game. Baseball is a team game. You win as a team, you lose as team. You also do so many things together, but it is not an 'I' thing."

During his illustrious career, Pedersen had 543 home runs among his 3676 hits, while batting .304. He played in 3163 games, scored 2226 runs and knocked in 2150 runs.

Last edited by Alan T : 01-17-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Manny Salas Makes FOOLX Hall Of Fame
Saturday, November 20th, 2038: The Baseball Writers Association has put the crowning touch on Manny Salas's outstanding baseball career. They put the great mound superstar in the FOOL-X Hall of Fame today.

He modestly gave credit to "better than average pitching skills and lots of three-run homers" for making it possible for him to move up into the legendary class of baseball players -- but the sportswriters, his teammates and peers knew differently.

In reality Salas was a craftsman, an artist. He was a perfectionist. He painted a ballgame stroke by stroke and when he got through pitching a game, it was a masterpiece.

By the time he retired, Salas fashioned an impressive record of 264-216, had an ERA of 4.15, struck out 2097 batters and held opposing teams to a .276 batting average. Salas made 691 mound appearances and worked 3970.2 innings in his career.

Last edited by Alan T : 01-17-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Juan Castillo Joins the Hall of Fame
Saturday, November 20th, 2038: A huge crowd watched Juan Castillo become the newest member of the FOOL-X Hall of Fame today.

"I'm a big believer in whatever you want, if you want something out of this game, you've got to put the work in it. You've got to work hard," said the outstanding third baseman, whose new plaque described him as "an artisan with a bat whose daily pursuit of excellence produced a .275 lifetime batting average, 3135 hits and 438 home runs."

After the induction ceremony Castillo was asked what was the most thrilling moment in his career. He responded quickly, "No doubt about it, your first hit in the big leagues. That's tops. It means you're on your way. When you get the first hit, then you can get the rest."

Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hall of Fame Inducts McKay
Saturday, November 20th, 2038: Coming out of the bullpen, Jake McKay struck fear into hitters' hearts and eyes. Now, after compiling one of the best careers of any reliever in the history of the game, he has been selected to join all the other baseball greats in the FOOL-X Hall of Fame.

During his induction speech McKay said, "When I first came up, I threw real hard and it worked. It took me a long time to learn that doing that was wrong. One day my catcher told me to ease off my fastball, not to force it, because that's when I get wild. That one adjustment made me a much better pitcher. I became a pitcher instead of a thrower."

In 1065 career games the relief legend chalked up 515 saves with a 3.01 ERA, 65 wins, 66 losses and 1338 strikeouts in 1183 innings pitched.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Marks Among Greats in FOOLX HOF
Saturday, November 20th, 2038: Today the FOOL-X Baseball Hall of Fame opened its hallowed doors to its newest member, first baseman Bailey Marks. One of the most feared hitters ever to grace the batter's box, Marks terrorized pitchers for quite a few seasons, collecting 3385 hits over the course of his career, including 539 home runs, while compiling a .292 batting average.

But while Marks gave opposing pitchers nightmares, he was not without nightmares of his own. His hard-partying youth led to addiction and other personal problems. "I did not like myself, and I tried to use alcohol as a means to run away from my problems," Marks said. "It amazes me now that I was still able to play ball at a high level during that time."

Marks blinked back tears as he continued his speech. "I was lucky to have a such a loving family, both blood-related and baseball. They supported me through my low points and gave me the strength to put my life back together. And look what it got me: a beautiful wife and kids, and now an induction into the Hall of Fame."

Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
MattG
Mascot

Alright for Castillo! Our 1st born and bred Axemen. Thanks Alan.

Last edited by MattG : 01-17-2011 at 10:35 AM.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #11
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Old 01-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday, December 22nd, 2038
Chicago Southpaws: Signed free agent 3B Juan Muñíz to a 7-year contract worth a total of $59,234,000.
Monday, December 20th, 2038
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent MR Gerardo Farías to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,402,000.
Sunday, December 19th, 2038
St Louis Hops: Signed free agent C Anastasio Sánchez to a 4-year contract worth a total of $52,016,000.
Saturday, December 18th, 2038
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP Romão Quifel to a 3-year contract worth a total of $23,145,000.
Thursday, December 16th, 2038
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent MR Félix Flores to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,092,000.
Wednesday, December 15th, 2038
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent SP Grant Jenkins to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,033,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent 2B António Cabral to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,000,000.
Tuesday, December 14th, 2038
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent LF Rubén Arce to a 3-year contract worth a total of $29,070,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SP Jorge Morán to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,058,000.
Monday, December 13th, 2038
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent MR Luis Nalasco to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,772,000.
St Louis Hops: Signed free agent CL Alex Corboy to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,076,000.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent MR António Hernández to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,000,000.
Sunday, December 12th, 2038
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP Ralph Foster to a 4-year contract worth a total of $25,300,000.
Saturday, December 11th, 2038
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP Andrew Cameron to a 4-year contract worth a total of $22,472,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent SS Yin-tou Qiao to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,500,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SP Fernando Fernández to a minor league contract.
Friday, December 10th, 2038
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent MR Brian Jones to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,000,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent LF Josh Weaver to a minor league contract.
Thursday, December 9th, 2038
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent 2B Héctor Trujillo to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,295,000.
St Louis Hops: Signed free agent SP Juan Hernández to a 2-year contract worth a total of $14,448,000.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent CF Paul McKenzie to a minor league contract.
Wednesday, December 8th, 2038
Chicago Southpaws: Signed free agent CL Jorge Hernández to a 2-year contract worth a total of $8,066,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent MR Charles Gross to a minor league contract.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent CL Pablo Machecha to a minor league contract.
Tuesday, December 7th, 2038
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent RF António Cardona to a 1-year contract worth a total of $673,000.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent LF José Alarcon to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SP Lawrence Stevens to a minor league contract.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent MR André René to a minor league contract.
Monday, December 6th, 2038
Portland Axemen: Signed free agent SP César Villarreal to a 2-year contract worth a total of $9,956,000.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent 1B Elliott Perreault to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,334,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent C Tadao Maeda to a 1-year contract worth a total of $693,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent LF António López to a 3-year contract worth a total of $15,759,000.
Sunday, December 5th, 2038
Portland Axemen: Signed free agent SP Alfonso Matos to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,140,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent MR Manny Pérez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $11,823,000.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent 2B Mei-shio Kuang to a minor league contract.
Saturday, December 4th, 2038
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent SP Carlos Luna to a 1-year contract worth a total of $8,000,000.
Friday, December 3rd, 2038
Portland Axemen: Signed free agent SP Dave Doran to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,184,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent C Iain Reus to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,570,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent RF Juan Velázquez to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,408,000.
Wednesday, December 1st, 2038
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent CL Marvin Ware to a minor league contract.

Saturday, November 27th, 2038
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent 2B Francisco Árias to a minor league contract.
Thursday, November 25th, 2038
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed RF Luis Rosas to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 2B Jim Bean Jr. to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Ismael Delgadilo to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 2B Rich Thompson to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Clint Powers to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 2B Dominic Villeneuve to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed C Kelly Murdoch to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Vincente Torres to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Víctor Perea to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 2B Wen Teoh to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Israel García to a minor league contract extension.
Wednesday, November 24th, 2038
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SS Greg Peterson to a minor league contract extension.
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2038
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Henry Smith to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed SP Matías Méndez to a minor league contract extension.
Monday, November 22nd, 2038
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 1B Ángel López to a minor league contract extension.
Sunday, November 21st, 2038

Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Spring Training and the Amateur Draft is tomorrow morning

Old 01-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #14
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

So excited to draft a starting pitcher!
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Old 01-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #16
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinbranco View Post
So excited to draft a starting pitcher!

That's always a great feeling!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: SP Cipriano García
Round 1, Pick 2 - Maricopa Rattlers: SP Adam Brown
Round 1, Pick 3 - Waikiki Beach Boys: SP António Peña
Round 1, Pick 4 - Chicago Southpaws: C Víctor Bañuelos
Round 1, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: LF Toshiki Okamoto
Round 1, Pick 6 - New York Legends: CF Júlio López
Round 1, Pick 7 - St Louis Hops: 3B Vern Román
Round 1, Pick 8 - St Cloud Raindrops: SP Alejandro Cruz
Round 1, Pick 9 - Stafford Terriers: 3B Nelson López
Round 1, Pick 10 - Las Vegas Wildcats: RF Mauro Solís
Round 1, Pick 11 - Cleveland Naps: CF Justin MacKinney
Round 1, Pick 12 - Oshawa Mullets: RF Shimpei Suzuki
Round 1, Pick 13 - Portland Axemen: MR Sean Brown
Round 1, Pick 14 - Washington Freedom: C Clayton Richardson
Round 1, Pick 15 - Havana Banana Sluggers: 1B Jorge Díaz
Round 1, Pick 16 - Spring Lions: 2B Tomás Jaramillo
Supplemental Round 1
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 1 - Chicago Southpaws: LF Jim Lynn
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 2 - Chicago Southpaws: RF Ignacio Sánchez
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF Miroel Gravo
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 4 - St Louis Hops: 1B Carlos González
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 5 - St Louis Hops: LF Pedro Cruz
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 6 - Las Vegas Wildcats: 1B Mitchell Border
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 7 - Oshawa Mullets: 3B Alejandro Reyes
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 8 - Oshawa Mullets: SP Jimmy Fox
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 9 - Washington Freedom: SP Yukichi Ine
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 10 - Washington Freedom: MR Julián Guevara
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 11 - Waikiki Beach Boys: CF Azar Beya
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 12 - St Louis Hops: CF Joe Brimacombe
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 13 - Oshawa Mullets: SS Jim Bedford
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 14 - Washington Freedom: RF Vicente Ríos
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: 3B Tony Córdova
Round 2, Pick 2 - Maricopa Rattlers: SS Cipriano Soto
Round 2, Pick 3 - Waikiki Beach Boys: SP Dan Billings
Round 2, Pick 4 - Oshawa Mullets: 3B Ramón Cuevas
Round 2, Pick 5 - Oshawa Mullets: LF Pedro Valdés
Round 2, Pick 6 - Washington Freedom: 2B José Ortíz
Round 2, Pick 7 - Las Vegas Wildcats: SP Javier Flores
Round 2, Pick 8 - St Louis Hops: 3B Juan Vallés
Round 2, Pick 9 - Stafford Terriers: 3B Shimpei Ugaki
Round 2, Pick 10 - Las Vegas Wildcats: CL Sadatake Saikawa
Round 2, Pick 11 - Cleveland Naps: 2B Blaine Hoffman
Round 2, Pick 12 - Oshawa Mullets: 3B Jim Weatherdon
Round 2, Pick 13 - Portland Axemen: SS Orlando Trujillo
Round 2, Pick 14 - Washington Freedom: 3B Miguel Durán
Round 2, Pick 15 - Havana Banana Sluggers: MR Sean Swint
Round 2, Pick 16 - Spring Lions: LF Pearce Ashford
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: CF Lyle Simmons
Round 3, Pick 2 - Maricopa Rattlers: RF Francisco Maldonado
Round 3, Pick 3 - Waikiki Beach Boys: MR Bob Barr
Round 3, Pick 4 - Chicago Southpaws: RF Chris Patterson
Round 3, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF Mark Young
Round 3, Pick 6 - Washington Freedom: CF Mark Williams
Round 3, Pick 7 - St Louis Hops: CF Mathis Beaupré
Round 3, Pick 8 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Alonso Bruno
Round 3, Pick 9 - Stafford Terriers: MR Miguel Torres
Round 3, Pick 10 - Las Vegas Wildcats: SS Alan Brown
Round 3, Pick 11 - Cleveland Naps: 1B Pancho López
Round 3, Pick 12 - Oshawa Mullets: RF Rafael González
Round 3, Pick 13 - Portland Axemen: CF Carlos Valenzuela
Round 3, Pick 14 - Washington Freedom: C Sixto Camacho
Round 3, Pick 15 - Havana Banana Sluggers: CF David Holland
Round 3, Pick 16 - Spring Lions: C Guilhem Berneri
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: CF Pedro Muñóz
Round 4, Pick 2 - Maricopa Rattlers: MR Morton Matthews
Round 4, Pick 3 - Waikiki Beach Boys: MR León Montaño
Round 4, Pick 4 - Chicago Southpaws: MR Carlos Vega
Round 4, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 3B Mario Gruzmán
Round 4, Pick 6 - New York Legends: MR Kazuyoshi Suzuki
Round 4, Pick 7 - St Louis Hops: SP Glenn Whitfield
Round 4, Pick 8 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Yu-zhang Zheng
Round 4, Pick 9 - Stafford Terriers: LF Jhong-shun Cao
Round 4, Pick 10 - Las Vegas Wildcats: 2B Rick Arthur
Round 4, Pick 11 - Cleveland Naps: 2B Bobby Spencer
Round 4, Pick 12 - Oshawa Mullets: MR Bobby Burlingame
Round 4, Pick 13 - Portland Axemen: LF Pat Días
Round 4, Pick 14 - Washington Freedom: C Chris Mosley
Round 4, Pick 15 - Havana Banana Sluggers: MR Hirokazu Harada
Round 4, Pick 16 - Spring Lions: 2B Curtis Horton
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: MR Luis Pineda
Round 5, Pick 2 - Maricopa Rattlers: 1B Raúl Rodríguez
Round 5, Pick 3 - Waikiki Beach Boys: SS Bill Greer
Round 5, Pick 4 - Chicago Southpaws: SS Toshitsugu Kohara
Round 5, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 2B Chandler Smith
Round 5, Pick 6 - New York Legends: MR José Torres
Round 5, Pick 7 - St Louis Hops: 1B Jim Knight
Round 5, Pick 8 - St Cloud Raindrops: 2B Daryl Richard
Round 5, Pick 9 - Stafford Terriers: MR Jeremy Haley
Round 5, Pick 10 - Las Vegas Wildcats: LF Wilson Sánchez
Round 5, Pick 11 - Cleveland Naps: SP Lynn Street
Round 5, Pick 12 - Oshawa Mullets: C Michael MacKinley
Round 5, Pick 13 - Portland Axemen: MR Johnny White
Round 5, Pick 14 - Washington Freedom: MR Armando Durán
Round 5, Pick 15 - Havana Banana Sluggers: SP Dennis Wemp
Round 5, Pick 16 - Spring Lions: SP Nick Knight

Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, March 10th, 2039
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed LF Dale Donlon to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $8,500,000.
Portland Axemen: Signed C José Carrasco to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Lance Casey to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 3B Jeff Skiffington to a minor league contract extension.
Monday, March 7th, 2039
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent C Ricardo Chacón to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,840,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP Lyndon Davis to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,609,000.
Chicago Southpaws: Signed free agent MR Don King to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,628,000.
Chicago Southpaws: Signed free agent CL Lorenzo Blanco to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,376,000.
Chicago Southpaws: Signed free agent MR Levi Bloem to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,680,000.
Sunday, March 6th, 2039
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent MR Eugene Glover to a 1-year contract worth a total of $296,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent 1B Sergio Cisneros to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,000,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent MR John Carter to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,228,000.
Portland Axemen: Signed free agent MR Jeff Herman to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,990,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent SS Ricardo Bueno to a minor league contract.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SP Ángel Hernández to a minor league contract.
New York Legends: Signed free agent LF Louis-Gabriel Boyer to a 1-year contract worth a total of $10,000,000.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent MR Vincent Gibson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,000,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent MR Patrick Knight to a minor league contract.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent MR Gilberto López to a minor league contract.
Portland Axemen: Signed free agent CF Nelson Rainha to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,319,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent LF Nick St-Gelais to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent CL Paco Otero to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,500,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent MR Tommy Wilson to a minor league contract.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent MR Juan Torres to a minor league contract.
New York Legends: Signed free agent SS Shunsen Hayagawa to a 1-year contract worth a total of $9,700,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent MR Timothy Lavoie to a 2-year contract worth a total of $698,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent C Gonzalo Roldán to a minor league contract.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent RF Zhen-ying Ye to a minor league contract.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent SP Martín Romero to a 1-year contract worth a total of $8,000,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent 1B Bryson Brereton to a 1-year contract worth a total of $200,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent 2B José García to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,706,000.
Spring Lions: Signed free agent LF José Gómez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $7,893,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SS Wayne Strong to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent C Shawn Cheslin to a 1-year contract worth a total of $100,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SP António Hernández to a minor league contract.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent 1B Todd Ulrich to a minor league contract.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed 3B Jacob Lambright to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent RF William Simmons to a minor league contract.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent CL Enrico Hernández to a minor league contract.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SP Don Lesage to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent CF Raúl Sandoval to a 1-year contract worth a total of $200,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent 3B Billy Turner to a minor league contract.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 2B José Fernández to a minor league contract extension.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent SP Ken O'Bryan to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SS Tetsuhiko Nakano to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,000,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent MR Juan Rangel to a minor league contract.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SS Javier Sandoval to a minor league contract.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #19
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Continental League

TeamWLPctGBRFRAPRecPPctDiff
Stafford Terriers177.708-1318916-8.6691
St Cloud Raindrops168.6671.01379915-9.6441
Plantana Pirates159.6252.01319615-9.6380
Oshawa Mullets1410.5833.013511414-10.5760
Chicago Southpaws1113.4586.01011289-15.3942
Washington Freedom915.3758.011013510-14.408-1
St Louis Hops816.3339.010712011-13.448-3
Havana Banana Sluggers618.25011.0731445-19.2251
Republic League
Portland Axemen195.792-19711617-7.7242
Ann Arbor Wolverines159.6254.017011716-8.664-1
Spring Lions1410.5835.011312211-13.4653
New York Legends1311.5426.014613013-11.5530
Waikiki Beach Boys1113.4588.015415612-12.494-1
Las Vegas Wildcats915.37510.013515510-14.437-1
Cleveland Naps816.33311.014517610-14.413-2
Maricopa Rattlers717.29212.01222107-17.2710

Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up! The 2039 regular season runs tomorrow morning.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Preseason Player of the Year Pick
Dale Donlon
OutfieldLas Vegas Wildcats

Preseason Pitcher of the Year Pick
Al Dean
PitcherLas Vegas Wildcats

Preseason Rookie of the Year Pick
Jesús Olson
Third BaseCleveland Naps

Preseason Team Ratings

Continental League
Chicago Southpaws:
F
Havana Banana Sluggers:
A+
Oshawa Mullets:
C
Plantana Pirates:
C
St Cloud Raindrops:
A
St Louis Hops:
F
Stafford Terriers:
D
Washington Freedom:
A
Republic League
Ann Arbor Wolverines:
F
Cleveland Naps:
B
Las Vegas Wildcats:
B
Maricopa Rattlers:
F
New York Legends:
B
Portland Axemen:
C
Spring Lions:
A+
Waikiki Beach Boys:
D

Old 01-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh... I love finally getting an A+, my first time with that. But ironic that it comes after what must be the worst spring training I have ever seen, where I went 7-14...and according to my Pyth record, that was kind. I'll be curious when I get home to see why my "A+" team sucked so much in spring training.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #23
kenjabroni
Mascot

Good Luck this season guys. Man I wish a couple of my pitchers would hurry up and develop........I have three that could be superstars.......just hope they realize this sometime.
kenjabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #24
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I've gotten an F every year except this one. Can the Beach Boys live up to the hype generated by a solid D rating!?
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #25
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh... I love finally getting an A+, my first time with that. But ironic that it comes after what must be the worst spring training I have ever seen, where I went 7-14...and according to my Pyth record, that was kind. I'll be curious when I get home to see why my "A+" team sucked so much in spring training.

Don't get too excited. I've had an A+ on multiple years that I didn't even make the playoffs!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Don't get too excited. I've had an A+ on multiple years that I didn't even make the playoffs!

Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in it myself, except of course, that I essentially return the same team that won the championship. So, I would not be surprised to get the A+, nor to contend this season. It's the really awful spring that stuns me. Even given the meaningless of the games, usually it's broadly accurate. Good spring training teams usually end up decent in the regular season and bad ones usually don't.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #27
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in it myself

I put alot of stock in it!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #28
hbomb
n00b

Oshawa is geared up to win it all next season. Yes, that's right *win it all*. I'm calling it Babe Ruth style with gusto.

I'm going to slaughter the competition, and make you eat that C.
hbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #29
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I put alot of stock in it!

We know and we all think that's cute. *pat pat*
Old 01-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #30
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually, it's rare that I think I have a good team and don't get a good grade from Alan. So in that respect, he seems right on. And, recall, last year, he had even more faith in my team than I did, and he turned out to be right.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-19-2011 at 06:17 PM.