CrimsonFox
Head Coach

what about the 1245 vote by JAG?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #1303
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1302:

Danny 3 - Autumn (1218), JAG (1245), hoopsguy (1294)
Passacaglia 2 - cougarfreak (1288), ntndeacon (1293)
ntndeacon 1 - GoldenEagle (1297)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #1304
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So Danny, we can vote for each other if you want, but there's also few enough votes on us that we can also together direct the vote somewhere else. What are your thoughts?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #1305
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This reminds me of the ntn/Chief trade-off at the beginning of the game. :P
Come to think of it, that's the most I've ever heard ntn talk.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #1306
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So Danny, we can vote for each other if you want, but there's also few enough votes on us that we can also together direct the vote somewhere else. What are your thoughts?

The issue I'm having is where to direct things though. We do learn a lot from ntn, but it's tough to believe two wolves would have been on the block day 1.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #1307
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
One thing in Danny's defense... Right after mau made his play about being the village picture taker (whatever he called the role) Danny was the first to call him on it and vote for him. This gives him a little more leaway for me...so I am gonna go elsewhere. I have been looking at someone for a bit trying to see the reason for certain posts. So I will agree with cougar's latest vote and say...

Vote Pass

ntn, when you said you have been looking at someone and trying to see the reason for certain posts, are you trying to say that someone is me? Or are you looking at someone else, but voting with cougar for now?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #1308
Danny
Head Coach

My gut is most strongly towards Hoops at this point, but he's tough to judge as he has been as inactive as I've ever seen him.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #1309
Danny
Head Coach

fwiw though, with my early votes for cougar and cr, I wanted to see who might hop on and make a second vote to might help to establish a second villager. It is interesting that ntn was the one who finally did that and he wasn't around earlier when I made my votes as far as i know.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #1310
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
The issue I'm having is where to direct things though. We do learn a lot from ntn, but it's tough to believe two wolves would have been on the block day 1.

What, is that a poor percentage play?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #1311
Autumn
Head Coach

Do we really only have six votes at this point? That's kind of crazy.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #1312
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

How many votes are we missing yet?

LETS GO TEAM CELEBS! HIGH FIVE DANNY!! Time to make up some ground today!!!!!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #1313
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As of post 210:

mauboy1 4 - PackerFanatic (169), bhlloy (181), MartinD (185), mckerney (187)
Chief Rum 4 - Lathum (170), mauboy1 (171), Zinto (205), ntndeacon (206)
ntndeacon 3 - Danny (193), The Jackal (194), hoopsguy (200)
JAG 1 - Autumn (164)
Autumn - JAG (178)

We have one known wolf on mau, one on cr, and none on ntn.

Again, there was some later switched that lead me to think ntn is a villager. There is me and Hoops on ntn uncleared at this point. I am voting Hoops
Old 03-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #1314
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Hoops
Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #1315
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Do we really only have six votes at this point? That's kind of crazy.

That's what I was thinking too...........there should be a whole lot more voting going on.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #1316
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Danny, out of all the people you mentioned, that's the only one that I would have followed you on.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

Going to work out, will be back before deadline.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #1317
Danny
Head Coach

Also to note from day 1, both CR and mau had key early votes on one another. That along with Martin already voting Mau lead me to think CR is not a good vote at this point. ntn also switched off CR when it was close to vote Mau, I dont think he does that if they are both wolves.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #1318
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The teams are on their way to Dubai.

Most teams take the same routes though two teams stand out the most...

The Fembots and Team Five both do the best during the travel leg...

Lathum and The Jackal struggle the most; it seems that they took some not so helpful advice from Danny and mauboy1.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #1319
Autumn
Head Coach

Danny, with regard to your first point there, I've pointed out a few time sthat Martin and Chief voted Mau simultaneously, so that could have simply been a mistake by two wolves.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #1320
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

What was the best travel route? Bangalore Airport?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #1321
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

One more point, it's obvious the wolves watched closely to reactions to Mau's reveal and were targeting people they thought might be the seer. DV and Crimson were probably the two most not buying Mau's reveal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

But your last paragraph is dead on, and it gives me some ideas. I'm going to bed now, but this is a reminder to myself to look at that tomo.

Before I do go to work out, though, here's why I would follow you on hoops more than others. Your post here says a lot -- after Lathum revealed and didn't die, there were a lot of posts that seemed kind of mystified by the wolf kills, then once the seer died, those posts were taken back. I seem to remember you (Danny) and hoops as making the most vehement of those posts. It seemed fishy, like you guys were setting something up together. I like the fact that you guys are voting for each other today, though, since I suspect both of you. I hadn't mentioned it before now since I wanted to see what developed without me saying it, plus I didn't want CR to think I was backing down from his attacks on me. So Danny, you're still on my list, and I might end up voting for you (especially if there is self-defense as an incentive, obviously) -- but I do like the direction you're headed here.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #1322
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The Fembots arethe first to arrive and head to the roadblock. It is like looking for a needle in the dessert...

They go to a dessert-like area and the chosen player, in this case hoopsguy, must use a map to attempt to find where to dig for the next clue....

hoops seems to be having trouble reading the map and dealing with the heat and she strips down to her underwear, receiving shocked looks from locals...
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #1323
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Danny, with regard to your first point there, I've pointed out a few time sthat Martin and Chief voted Mau simultaneously, so that could have simply been a mistake by two wolves.

This is true, but Mau also had vote #2 on Chief Rum, would they really both make what they believed to be second votes on each other as two wolves?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #1324
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE HOOPSGUY
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #1325
bhlloy
Coordinator

I just have no idea where to go right now... it's going to be another stab in the dark I think. The runaway votes so far have really made it difficult to get any idea of history and the people whose day 1 was somewhat suspicious are either out or have plays since then that make me trust them
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #1326
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Haven't had much of a chance to read things today, truthfully, so my vote is fairly hit-and-run.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #1327
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Also to note from day 1, both CR and mau had key early votes on one another. That along with Martin already voting Mau lead me to think CR is not a good vote at this point. ntn also switched off CR when it was close to vote Mau, I dont think he does that if they are both wolves.

Quote:
This is true, but Mau also had vote #2 on Chief Rum, would they really both make what they believed to be second votes on each other as two wolves?

You're making good points here. Probably not relevant for today's vote, but important later on.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #1328
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, we've already seen wolves voting each other day 1 pretty prominently, so I don't think we can discount the idea entirely, though it would typically be odd play.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #1329
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, done with family stuff for the night (earlier than expected) and I return to find that I have a couple of votes on me as well as being in my underwear. Hmmm, where did this game go wrong?

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #1330
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle arrive next and CrimsonFox takes the roadblock. He picks up on the map quickly and cruises through the task. He sets the bar the highest and no other team comes close to finishing as quickly.

Team Eight, Team Reebok Ultra UnderArmour, arrives at the roadblock third and they struggle for the first time at a challenge. They are far from the worst team at the challenge but they show some frustration at their attempt and it causes a little turmoil between them.

The next teams to arrive are Team Four, Team Three and Team Two.

Team Six brings up the rear at the challenge, arriving last. They do get through the challengs quickly though which helps make up sonme time.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #1331
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, PackerFanatic - care to provide any reason at all for the vote on me?

And since there seems to be a fair amount of bargaining taking place between Danny and Pass (you guys won't look good for this if I do end up on the business end of the lynch) can I take part in this little game of patty-cake as well?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #1332
Danny
Head Coach

Also, while more a tongue in cheek argument, I'd have to believe a wolf-wolf team would be finishing better than at or neat last every leg
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #1333
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Team Fembot arives at the detour first, though Team Five is right on their heals. It seems that seeing hoops in her underwear has really spurred Team Five into a higher gear.

CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle try Navigate It while Team Fembot try Keep the Rhythm...

Both finish their roadblock quickly as Team Fembot shows they have the rhythm, leaving locals drooling over them.

They are on the way towards the pitstop...
Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #1334
hoopsguy
General Manager

Our moderator really does seem to have me as the slut much more than Chief Rum ... I wonder why that is?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #1335
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Teams Four and Three try to Navigate It.

The remaining teams all went with Keep the Rhythm...

Team Reebok Ultra UnderArmour stand out the most as they both pick up the dance well and move on to the pitstop quickly.

saldana and MartinD struggle with their dancing while Lathum and The Jackal struggle on the open water trying to navigate their craft through the course.

saldana and MartinD are yelling at each other most of the event. It seems that this rave may not be helping their relationship.

mauboy1 and Danny are both struggling with the dance as well. It seems they should not have listened to CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle with their earlier "can't miss" advice for the dancing challenge.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #1336
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thank you fembots for bouncing up and down. EF, you can call GoldenEagle and I "The Animals".
Old 03-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #1337
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Suck it mauboy/Danny.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #1338
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Or ColorAnimals for that matter
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #1339
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Suck it mauboy/Danny.

lol! at least lathum and jackal are nowhere to be found, but yeah, that hurts my feelings man.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #1340
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Suck it mauboy/Danny.

Yes, you used your aggression on a team that has no chance of winning, good one
Old 03-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #1341
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We cut to the pitstop as we see Team Fembot and Team Five racing towards the destination. This may be the closest finish yet...

Then we see hoopsguy and Chief Rum enter the picture and leap onto the mat.

"Team Fembot you are the first team to arrive."

Chief Rum jumps into Phil's arms and surprises him with a kiss. Phil looks shocked, hoops looks jealous...

Then CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle arrive and we see CrimsonFox snapping a picture of hoops as he gets to the mat.

Team Five, youare the second team to arrive...
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #1342
mckerney
Coordinator

Not sure about 3 hoops votes with little to no explanation, so

Vote Danny
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #1343
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Not sure about 3 hoops votes with little to no explanation, so

Vote Danny

I provided reasoning for my vote as did Pass. Packer did not, but there isn't any more explanation for me compared to Hoops.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #1344
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Team Reebock finishes in 3rd.

Team Four finished in 4th.

We see the final three teams are relatively close, this could be a close finish for the three.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #1345
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah it would be good for everyone to finish voting before the deadline in 20 minutes
Old 03-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #1346
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone have a current vote count? It looks like I am going to need to move my vote off ntn. Although I am very confident he is a wolf at this point. If he is not, we gain some valuable information and can probably lynch pass tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #1347
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Danny and mauboy1 come into view... They look frustrated and tired but hang on to finish 5th...
Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #1348
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh...typical hardly mention hoops all day and then make a run while I went to go work out.

Look, I don't know hoops' allegiance. He may very well be a wolf. But just from the conversations I have had with him, he doesn't vibe like a wolf. I have seen a lot of mentions about him not being around as much and that being suspicious, but it's the truth that he's busy as heck at work. He's told me that in PMs, too, and hoops sn't the kind of guy to lie a out RL stuff to hide as a wolf. Like I said, he could very well be a wolf, but if the only reason some have is that he isn't around, u guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Plus, Pass has exhibited about as poor logical and argumentative skills in this game as I have ever seen in a player in a single game. If he took me to a sunrise and told me the sun exists, I am not sure I would buy it right now; that's how much cred he has. So following him onto hoops, I can't see the logic there.

As for the current other candidates, whatever his other qualities, I don't think Pass plays this way as a wolf. I have already pointed out how nutty it would be to see ntn as a wolf with the way Day 1 went. And I have had a good vibe from Danny all game. None of these choices really work for me, although Danny is very good as a wild hiding as a villager, and his actions, if not his words, have struck me as more suspicious than the other candidates.

It's just for vibe reasons, but my gut says to look closer at PF (who just did a driveby vote), cougar has seemed aittle off, and GE isn't as active as I recall him being.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #1349
hoopsguy
General Manager

BTW, props to Chief Rum for putting together plans for today's winning leg - I didn't even have a chance to look at them until after the deadline today.

I'll be interested in picking EF's brain after the game about how different teams attacked this portion of the game. I'm surprised we are doing as well in this part given the varied challenges so far.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #1350
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Danny and mauboy1 come into view... They look frustrated and tired but hang on to finish 5th...

NO! NOT OUR ANKLES!!!