Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #51
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Finished my keeper draft, had 2nd overall pick, of course, the 1st pick was Tulo, so I was stuck with Braun. (AVG, SB, HRs, RBIs, OBP and W, Svs, ERA, WHIP and Ks)

C- Posey -decent numbers plus OBP; yahoo has 1st base eligible, which is nice.
1st - Morneau - In an eight team league, everyone forgot him. Drafted him in the mid teens of a 20 round draft.
2nd - Kinsler - value where I drafted him, and I have him backed up with later picks.
3rd - Longoria - keeper from last year
SS - Andrus - Tulo gone, Rollins, Jeter, Reyes, I decided his speed is useful
OF - Braun - my only other 100+ RBI guy, which may pose a concern
OF - McCutchen - I drafted a Pirate, hopefully he won't lose hope after Opening Day
OF - Ellsbury - Again a super late pick that I couldn't resist, got burned last year
U - Gardner - Speed again

SP - Lester - keeper - These two are my anchors
SP - Kershaw - keeper (see above)
RP - Papelbon - again super late, couldn't resist
RP - Nathan - should be back
P - Hanson - a decent starter on a pitching strong team, 30 k's shy of 200 last year
P - Broxton - again this is what happens on an 8 team league

Bench

OF - Rasmus - may supplant Gardner
2b - Aaron Hill - 26 homers last year after an awful start
2b - Beckham - wonder if he'll get 3b eligibility, not bad for a late pick
SP - Beckett - expendible starter, but promise of a rebound
RP - Storen - a lot of promise on a bad team

First team, in a long time, that I'm excited about...let's see what I think by the All-Star game.

Incidently, is there anyone I should target, some of the undrafted players available at this time (remember this is an 8 team league, we booted two ghost team owners last season)

Position Players:
Nick Swisher
Rajai Davis - intriguing
Mike Cuddyer - multi-position expert
Carlos Quentin
Magglio Ordonez
Kelly Johnson
Adam Lind
Ian Desmond
Sean Rodriguez
Tyler Colvin - intruging
Jason Kubel
Howie Kendrick
Luke Scott
Gaby Sanchez
Jim Thome - dreaded Util slot only
Geovanny Soto

Ptichers -

Ted Lily - intriguing
Andrew Bailey
Ryan Dempster
Colby Lewis
Aroldis Chapman
Ivan Nova
Brett Cecil
Kevin Gregg
Jaime Garcia
Brett Myers
Jeremy Hellickson
Madison Bumgarner
Leo Nunez
Jake McGee - TB closer

This is why I think this year, trades will be scarce, a lot of talent here.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #52
Ramzavail
College Starter

I don't love Broxton. But I do like Garcia, Myers, Bumgarner and Hellickson.

plus Soto is a top 8 catcher, so I'm assuming he will be picked up soon.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #53
samifan24
Pro Starter

From the guys you list I'd grab Soto, Hellickson and Bumgarner.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #54
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

At the expense of whom on my roster? Soto is nice but is he better than Posey? I only have 5 bench spots and I'm thinking that two catchers on a roster isn't productive.

I like Lily; he may be a better bet than Beckett. Hellickson and Bumgarner may be streamers.

Thanks for the thoughts though.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 03-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #55
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Starlin Castro is out there too...he may be more sound than Elvis. 5 bench slots is hard.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #56
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Incidently on Soto, I would concur that he's top 8 but looking at the teams.

Mauer
Vic Martinez
Posey
McCann
Carlos Santana
Napoli
Montero
Wieters - Baltimore fan owner
Posada - Yankee fan owner
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #57
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

In my mixed league, I picked Joey Votto with my first round pick (#10 overall) specifically because I wanted to name my team - Domo Arigato Mr.JoeyVotto Domo

It is going to be a long season...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #58
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Grr.. wasn't expecting a callup this soon, but Sands was called up so, gotta make a spot on my roster.

NL only league, dynasty.. can keep a guy for 6 years

C - Montero
CI - Sandoval, I Davis, Cantu (Francisco on DL)
MI - Emaus, Desmond, Drew
OF - Morrision, Coghlan, McCutcheon, Veneable, Bruce
U - Heisey

(reserves - Sands, Dominguez, Goldschmidt, D. Gordon)

Head tells me drop Heisey, gut says Veneable.

Offers out there are Veneable for Casey Blake, Veneable for Eric Young, Jr and then a large trade that nets me R. Howard, C. Jones, K. Johnson, but I have to give up Morrison, Sands and J. Santana... that just seems too rich for the way our league works.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #59
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Since I got such good advice on my last question.. figured I'd ask another.

NL only.. I'd assume a no brainer (although our hella long contracts make it a little tougher especially with cheap young players which are like gold... then again, maybe I'm just overthinking and too clingy to 'my' guys.

$43 R. Howard(1)/$23 K. Johnson(2)/$9 C. Richard(6) for $10 Sands(6)/$15 Morrison(5)/$5 Medlen(6).

(*) is the number of seasons you can keep them. Howard is 6, but is $43 so.. effectively almost a 1 year contract.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #60
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

12 team NL only league:

I have been offered Albert Pujols for Polanco and Jamie Garcia. Polanco has to cool off right? My pitching will take a hit but I can almost certainly deal Pujols for any pitcher later in the season. Is this a no brainer or am I seeing things through my Cardinal red glasses?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #61
Ramzavail
College Starter

no brainer.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #62
rowech
Pro Starter

Putting together a trade and I have a choice between getting McCutchen or BJ Upton. Who would you go with?

Last edited by rowech : 05-03-2011 at 03:11 PM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #63
Ramzavail
College Starter

def BJ.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #64
rowech
Pro Starter

You know what I hate about fantasy sports? The people who:

a) pretend they want to trade when in fact they have no desire to.

b) people who agree to a trade and then when it comes time to pull the trigger on the interent, they back out.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #65
Suicane75
Coordinator

Ok heres my situation, need to make a move by 8pm tonight. 15 Team Mixed. 2 C, MI, CI, UT, 5 OF

I have

2B- Rickie Weeks- He's set, not going anywhere
SS- Darwin Barney
MI- Freddy Sanchez

DL- JJ Hardy

I'm activating Hardy so I have decide between dropping Sanchez or Barney.

Pros for Sanchez are that he's proven. Pros for Barney are that he's SS eligible and god knows Hardy could end up on the DL within a week.

I have both Jed Lawrie and Dustin Ackley on my bench so when either of those guys get the callup both Barney and Sanchez will likely be gone.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #66
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I would probably cut Sanchez here, but I'm biased. I'm not a Cubs fan but living in Chicago I see him play a lot and I think he has a lot of potential plus utility value given that he's SS eligible as a Hardy replacement.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #67
Suicane75
Coordinator

I just can't shake this idea that Barney will start regressing at some point even though I've been expecting that for 3 weeks now and it hasn't happened.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #68
Terps
College Prospect

A team offered me Neil Walker (elig. at 2B/3B) and Roy Oswalt for Dustin Pedroia. It's a 12 team mixed league, $100 per team. Thoughts?

I have Michael Young currently starting at 2B, and my SP are Gio Gonzalez, Bud Norris, Jamie Garcia, Shawn Marcum, Zach Britton, and Hiroki Kuroda.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote