Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Question for Reds Fans (Phillips)

So I was offered Phillips in a fantasy trade and I see that he collided with Drew Stubbs on Saturday and sat out the last couple games. Every fantasy site I read really has no idea if its serious or not. Any insight or gut instincts? (Please specify which )

Sorry if this was better posted to the fantasy thread or the MLB thread but my league has a weird trade deadline that is tomorrow and I figured I might catch a few more Reds fans that don't read those threads by starting a new thread.

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

He's listed as day to day, but the Reds have a history of dragging on injuries for days before using the 15-day DL. I can't find any real infor from any of the team reporters.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah thats what sucks... no info. I know that the guy who is offering to trade him to me is playing a bit of a game also but we have to make a decision by tomm night. (some stupid time too, like six. It never seems like a big deal when you originally make the rules but ends up being big later)
Old 08-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunately it looks like he's out from another day to a month. Is this a make or break trade?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
rowech
Pro Starter

From Hal McCoy's blog...

PHILLIPS WAS out of the lineup for the second straight game with a sprained right ankle, but took batting practice and hopes to return to the lineup Tuesday.

Phillips and center fielder Drew Stubbs collided Saturday in Wrigley Field chasing a pop-up and Phillips thought he was about to make a Web Gem play instead of ending up in the training room getting his ankle taped.

“I’m on some medicine that I don’t know,” said Phillips. “I woke up at 6 a.m., by accident, with nothing but energy and didn’t know what to do. That’s not a good feeling — I mean, I feel good, but that’s not a good feeling waking up at 6 feeling good with nothing to do.

“I have my foot taped up pretty good, my ankle, and I’ve never had that done before and I don’t know how people do it,” he said.
Asked if he never had his ankle taped up, even when he played high school football, Phillips said, “Never. I have great ankles. I looked at the replay and it was crazy. I had the ball and it would have been a nice Web Gem. But Stubbs had to come out of nowhere and hit me. Dang. I felt like I was back in football going across the middle for a pass and I just got knocked out.”
PHILLIPS WORE his batting helmet at 4 o’clock as he stood in front of his locker and said, “I had to wear my helmet for this interview to get used to it because it feels like I haven’t worn it for a long time. I have to get used to it again.”

Last edited by rowech : 08-08-2011 at 09:24 PM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Unfortunately it looks like he's out from another day to a month. Is this a make or break trade?

Not really. I just am in an NL only league and have a starting OF on my bench while I am playing 2/3 day a week reserve at MI. This would allow me to acquire a player of similar stature for who I am losing (I would be trading Victorino) and to put Cameron Maybin in my outfield and Fukudome at utility. So basically Phillips stats plus Fukdome's stats in exchange for Victorino. Definitely won't do it if it looks like its serious. So I basically have to get some good info in the next day or I won't do it. (but may lose some needed ground in Runs and Avg)
Old 08-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

And he just comes in and hits a home run
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #8
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I love BP. He is one of those guys I hate rooting against. And he is from my home town as well.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So what did you decide? This tweet from BP today doesn't sound good.

Quote:
Woke up today and my elbow looks like a ballon… Can’t fully extend it!!!! I think I need an XRay… Please don’t let it be broken #Pray4Me
Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
So what did you decide? This tweet from BP today doesn't sound good.

Too many question marks. I ended up trading Cameron Maybin for Martin Prado. Phillips could have been a bigger impact but I am glad I didn't now.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #11
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I debated starting a Question for Fred's Fans (Phelps) parody thread, but thought better of it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote