Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #101
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Radio host says Rapture actually coming in October *| ajc.com

Quote:
California preacher Harold Camping said Monday his prophecy that the world would end was off by five months because Judgment Day actually will come on Oct. 21.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #102
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LMAO
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #103
kingfc22
Head Coach

Wow. Can the press please press the "ignore user" button on this guy.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #104
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
AFP: US atheists offer pet rescue after judgment day

The post-doomsday pet rescue service already has 259 clients, who have paid $135 for the first pet and $20 for each additional pet at the same address, to ensure the faithful animal companions are looked after and loved even when their Christian owners have gone to the other side.
I really would have loved if the pet people had shown up the next day and gone "Oh, you're still here..."
Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #105
fpres
High School JV

So, Punxsutawney Harold saw his shadow and we've got five more months of Earth. Awesome.
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #106
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NSFW Language.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:03 AM   #107
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Briefly on Saturday, ever so brief, I thought about this whole series of events. I thought about how pretty nice the world was, for all its flaws, and how I was glad to be around. No matter what I've dealt with in life, I've always woken up the next day and moved forward. I always had hope, I always had faith, that things would get better, but I had faith in myself to make the right decisions to make them better, I also held forth that if things didn't turn around today, I would work to make things get better, because in the end, you must rely on yourself.

Whether you believe in God, aliens, or nothingness, there must be a reliance on yourself to make things better.

That is why, the more I thought about this man, and his followers, the angrier I got. To think that the world would end, and that you would find a better life at the expense of billions of other people who work hard, hope hard, pray hard, live hard, but live everyday and struggle everyday, just like you, that they should suffer and be snuffed out for your greater glory. Well it incensed me.

To the fools that sold everything, your reckoning has come. But there is a glimmer of hope, you can rebuild, you can start over, you can begin again...hopefully this enlightenment will bring forth some wisdom, to instead of listening to a dottering old fool who lives easy enough to sit and spout forth these projections and when he gets them wrong he can apologize and start anew, to listen and plan and build for yourself and your families.

I can hope can't I?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #108
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Briefly on Saturday, ever so brief, I thought about this whole series of events. I thought about how pretty nice the world was, for all its flaws, and how I was glad to be around. No matter what I've dealt with in life, I've always woken up the next day and moved forward. I always had hope, I always had faith, that things would get better, but I had faith in myself to make the right decisions to make them better, I also held forth that if things didn't turn around today, I would work to make things get better, because in the end, you must rely on yourself.

Whether you believe in God, aliens, or nothingness, there must be a reliance on yourself to make things better.

That is why, the more I thought about this man, and his followers, the angrier I got. To think that the world would end, and that you would find a better life at the expense of billions of other people who work hard, hope hard, pray hard, live hard, but live everyday and struggle everyday, just like you, that they should suffer and be snuffed out for your greater glory. Well it incensed me.

To the fools that sold everything, your reckoning has come. But there is a glimmer of hope, you can rebuild, you can start over, you can begin again...hopefully this enlightenment will bring forth some wisdom, to instead of listening to a dottering old fool who lives easy enough to sit and spout forth these projections and when he gets them wrong he can apologize and start anew, to listen and plan and build for yourself and your families.

I can hope can't I?

Well said, but, unfortunately, when you have people that make decisions based on their emotional attachment to something like this, reasoning and logic is not going to sway them. You can only hope for a couple of things...they snap out of it somehow or if they don't, they don't reproduce.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #109
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It doesn't really matter for some...

Teen excited world didn't end jumped into river on dare, presumed drowned - National missing persons | Examiner.com
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #110
Izulde
Head Coach

My god, that article was painfully bad. Does examiner.com allow just anyone to write for them?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #111
Rizon
Pro Starter

So October 21 is coming up and I haven't heard a peep. Has the rapture been called off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #112
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I missed the explanation. How did he come up with 10/21? A burning bush tell him that he was using the wrong equation?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #113
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
So October 21 is coming up and I haven't heard a peep. Has the rapture been called off?

The weather's too nice. We're going to have it later. No reason to spoil a nice autumn with the burning ash and all that.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #114
Rizon
Pro Starter

END OF THE WORLD YALL
Don't forget!

Reminder: October 21, 2011 is The End Of The World!!!: LAist
Quote:
Old 10-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #115
JediKooter
Coordinator

The dude should now be forced to take a bet every time he makes one of these end of the world predictions. And the bet has to be horrible. Like, he has to eat 100 scabs from a crack addict or something like that. Maybe that will finally convince him to stop making these stupid predictions.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #116
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
The dude should now be forced to take a bet every time he makes one of these end of the world predictions. And the bet has to be horrible. Like, he has to eat 100 scabs from a crack addict or something like that. Maybe that will finally convince him to stop making these stupid predictions.

I'm convinced most of the people who make these predictions aren't fools and know they're false already - they profit quite nicely off them, nothing like a fake crisis to bring money into the collection plate .....

(Yes its true ... I'm a professional cynic - but my hearts not in it)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #117
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'm convinced most of the people who make these predictions aren't fools and know they're false already - they profit quite nicely off them, nothing like a fake crisis to bring money into the collection plate .....

(Yes its true ... I'm a professional cynic - but my hearts not in it)

Oh there's no doubt there is a financial side to him doing this. I mean, a few months ago, you saw how quickly people were willing to sell everything they had and give money to the guys organization.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #118
RedKingGold
College Starter

We're still here? WE'RE STILL HERE! WOOOOOOOO!
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #119
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

We wouldn't all die on Mole Day. That just wouldn't be cosmically right

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #120
Critch
lolzcat

If he gets it wrong one more time, people will stop taking him seriously.

Last edited by Critch : 10-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #121
molson
General Manager

It was just a math error.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #122
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'd almost be willing to except an excuse of rapture for missing class.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #123
molson
General Manager

December 21 2012 is going to blow all these recent predictions away as far as people buying in and acting wacky. I look forward to it
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #124
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
December 21 2012 is going to blow all these recent predictions away as far as people buying in and acting wacky. I look forward to it

Yes it will. Oh, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
It was just a meth error.

FYP
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #125
Rizon
Pro Starter

Doomsday ministry scrubs end of world predictions from website – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #126
JediKooter
Coordinator

The smart ass in me wants to go to his location and fuck with people and tell them they got left behind. The regular person in me is pretty much resigned to mumbling to myself how much those people are just idiots.