Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
AgustusM
College Prospect

Backup to the cloud

Easiest Online Backup Service - Backblaze

I am currently rethinking my home network and making some major changes. I am considering buying a drobo to put all of my data (around 3 Tb) and then using this to back it all up. Anyone have any experience with backblaze and have good\bad things to say. Does anyone else have something they use that they like better?

seems like a damn good price for unlimited

AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

It would be interesting to see far the "unlimited" goes. I know one company offered it and what they actually meant was 10TB.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I meant to ask this in an earlier thread. What are you guys needing to backup that requires gigs of space? I don't back up software but I guess I could backup iTunes, that would take a lot of space. I think someone mentioned photos/videos, so that's understandable. But apart from the large media files, wouldn't a flash drive make more sense?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Autumn
Head Coach

I use Online Storage, FTP Site, FTP Server, File Sharing, Cloud Storage with Egnyte Cloud File Server with their local cloud option for a constantly maintained backup. They also have a backup utility for periodic backups. I use Rebit Save Me software for constant local backup, and i suppose the two could be combined for a total backup solution.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I meant to ask this in an earlier thread. What are you guys needing to backup that requires gigs of space? I don't back up software but I guess I could backup iTunes, that would take a lot of space. I think someone mentioned photos/videos, so that's understandable. But apart from the large media files, wouldn't a flash drive make more sense?

Flash drives are for minor movements of data. People have been known to have data screw ups with flash drives. If something is important and I want it on a drive, I go external drive. I always view people using TBs for storage as somebody who is using media files. I think we are getting to the stage where we can literally backup every single file we own.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I have been using Crashplan unlimited for a year and love it.