Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #51
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

West Liberty KY got destroyed. Multiple reports of fatalities. Got hit 2 days ago.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #52
Qrusher14242
High School JV

apparently, West Liberty, KY got a direct hit from a tornado. They said it's a 'mass casualties incident'

Can't find anymore info on it
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #53
cougarfreak
College Starter

I live in NKY, tornadoes all around me, but they missed me. All were a bit north, or south. I'm just west of the Cincinnati/NKY Airport.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #54
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EricFisherTWC:
RT: @Kentuckyweather The city of Salyersville is taking a direct hit from what appears to be a major #tornado. Paintsville is next. #kywx
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #55
Ksyrup

Yeah we're hearing reports of major damage in Salyersville.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #56
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'm seeing photos of some tornado damage not 10 minutes south of my house from a tornado. Relatives of friends lost their home.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #57
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'm seeing photos of some tornado damage not 10 minutes south of my house from a tornado. Relatives of friends lost their home.

Glad you're ok Pilot. I know you're local too.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #58
tarcone
Coordinator

I talked to a friend today that just got back from Branson, MO. He said the pictures do not do the devastation justice.
Lucky that one hit on a Monday night in Feb. and not a Saturday night in June.
For those that dont know, Branson, MO. is the hub of tourism in Missouri.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #59
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

At one point there were three separate tornado warnings for Rowan county, but my in-laws escaped without any in their town.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #60
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's almost kind of spooky, watching FB friends log off one by one as the storms move across Georgia & TN. Like a weird version of a Facebook Stormtracker
Old 03-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #61
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apparently I have some friend that are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Dude was joking (I thought) about getting some Little Debbie's before the storm hit ... he's now hunkered down in the back of the Canton, GA Target store with tornado sirens blaring. Idiot actually went to get Lil Debbie's. SMFH.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #62
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Dude was joking (I thought) about getting some Little Debbie's before the storm hit ... he's now hunkered down in the back of the Canton, GA Target store with tornado sirens blaring. Idiot actually went to get Lil Debbie's. SMFH.
You sure it wasn't an R.C. and a Moon Pie?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #63
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Tornado reported on the ground in metro ATL
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Tornado reported on the ground in metro ATL

Confirmed touchdown pretty far to the west, out near Dallas in Paulding Co.

Airborne debris confirmed in Gwinnett (Suwanee) and Cobb (Marietta).

Warning for Cherokee (Canton) earlier tonight, no damage reported.

Warning to the south/east of me at the moment, Barrow (Winder) over to
Commerce & Jefferson.

Hook echoes, etc etc around Rome all night (I think they've been under at least 4 warnings)
Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #65
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
You sure it wasn't an R.C. and a Moon Pie?

Nope, he was very specific: Swiss Rolls.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #66
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

And they say birds of a feather flock together.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #67
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

That's fucked up. I had the same "birds of a feather" line typed up earlier and thought, "nah..."
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #68
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

from wife's hometown paper in Bradley Co, TN
Quote:
At least 3 homes destroyed..hundred or more damaged according to EMA Spence
Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #69
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

That's so funny I forgot to laugh.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #70
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I remember going through a few warnings in Cincinnati and hearing the sirens go off. Freaky as all hell. My prayers are with everyone in that part of the country tonight.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #71
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I read somewhere that there have been 90+ tornadoes today. The average for the month of March is usually 86 or so.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #72
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
That's so funny I forgot to laugh.

I believe the appropriate line here is 'Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into a manhole and die.'

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #73
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

101 tornado reports yesterday

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #74
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I read somewhere that there have been 90+ tornadoes today. The average for the month of March is usually 86 or so.

Really? That seems low to me, considering how tornadic the entire United States can be. Then again, April is more prime tornado season.

SI

Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #75
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Well, I live about 10 miles from Henryville and work about 4 miles from Marysville/Nabb. We were held at school until 4:30 because the tornado that passed so near to us. At one point we had huge hail and sideways rain.

After we were released, Henryville was asking for volunteers with training to come and help. I have CPR, First Aid, First Response training so I went down and stayed about 3 hours until enough professional personnel got there that I was no longer needed. It's hyperbole to say that it was a war zone, but it was definitely devastating.

Today, we went back out to where we work and then down to Marysville to drop off donations to the command post there. From Marysville, down a county road, then to Chelsea, you could follow the path of where the tornado went. There are several instances where there was nothing left of the house but a foundation.

Really count ourselves lucky....a small shift would have sent that straight for our school. Our babysitter and her mom were even luckier, the tornado seemed to shift and move in a different direction mere yards from their house. My wife is almost shell shocked by it all.

ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #76
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Really ColtCrazy? I think you live close to my aunt (according to what my dad was saying on her FB page).

Aaah - she's in Evansville, but she works at St. Mary's Medical Center.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #77
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Yeah, Evansville is about 2 hours away from us. I was actually there last weekend.

Just heard on the local news that the tornado in Henryville was an F4, and ranks as one of the top 2% of strongest tornados of all time.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #78
Ksyrup

As if the poor folks south of me don't have enough to deal with, we got about 5 inches of snow last night. So about 48-60 hours after tornadoes destroyed their lives, they've got 30 degree weather and 5 inches of snow on top of the debris.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #79
GoBuckeyes
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
As if the poor folks south of me don't have enough to deal with, we got about 5 inches of snow last night. So about 48-60 hours after tornadoes destroyed their lives, they've got 30 degree weather and 5 inches of snow on top of the debris.

I've got quite a few people near your neck of the woods. One daughter in Nicholasville, and the other in Lawrenceburg. And a lot of my family is in the Eastern part of KY. I moved to New York a few years ago and I don't think I've ever been so shocked by what's been going on down there in the past few days. None of my family have had anything serious going on but a lot of my former co-workers are from West Liberty and Salyersville but I haven't seen them in years. They've always said, if you don't like the weather in Kentucky, stick around cos it'll change...wow..talk about a change.
GoBuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #80
Ksyrup

I'm in Versailles, about 5 minutes from Lawrenceburg. We gpt lucky - a couple of cells moved south and north of us, and we had a tornado warning for about an hour or so but once that first line passed, it all trended south of us and we had a nice evening, beyond 5:30-6 or so. Completely random. That could be me.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #81
GoBuckeyes
n00b

Very familiar with Versailles. My first job was there..doing the breakfast shift at the old Hardees out on the Bypass..my ex-wife grew up there and went to HS at Woodford Co. I'm usually down there a couple times a year visiting and playing the horses when Keeneland is open, beautiful track. My son-in-law works at the crossing over on Nicholasville Road, and supposed a tornado boucned over the parking lots. Daughter says it's supposed to hit the 60's this week, so maybe you all can start getting on with springtime, like it's supposed to be.

Last edited by GoBuckeyes : 03-05-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #82
Ksyrup

We've been in the 60s quite a bit this winter. We've only been here 6 years, but this is the strangest winter so far. We only had 2.3 inches of snow until last night, and we got 5.3 - which is pretty close to the biggest single-event snow we've had since we moved here.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #83
GoBuckeyes
n00b

I've seen some good snows there over the years. Last winter here on Long Island, we had at least 3 separate storms leaving over 18 inches of snow. You guys got more snow last night than we've had here, this winter, for the combined season. I've been around for all of 44 years, with the first 30 being down by you, and I've never seen anything like this. Don't know what got you to Versailles, but you made a good choice. Some of the most beautiful farm country I've ever seen spreads throughout Woodford and Anderson Counties.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #84
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Between this year and last, I'm pretty surprised that some gigantic weather horror movie hasn't arrived. Like Twister, except much darker.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #85
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's too early for SPC, but sometime later this week- Wednesday or Thursday- when this heat dome over the Midwest collapses- there's going to be some crazy stuff if it's at the wrong time of day

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-18-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #86
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Had a pretty huge storm roll through the Hill Country last night. Luckily no reports of tornadoes, outside of a small one SW of San Antonio. But it my house about 1am, and there was continuous thunder for over 30 minutes, and outside my window looked like a strobe light with all of the lightning. While still not full, the rain hit the sweet spot for filling the lakes around here that have been critically low the past couple of years.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #87
cartman
Death Herald

Well, crap. The tornado that was outside San Antonio evidently was right at the spot where one of my uncles lives. No one has heard from his this morning. I might be making a trip down there in a bit to check in on him.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #88
cartman
Death Herald

No one had heard from him. Another uncle and I are hitting the road to check in on him. Geez, this sucks.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #89
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh, that is very bad. Hopefully it's one of those "cell phone not working and no power" situations

SI

Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #90
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Hopefully it's one of those "cell phone not working and no power" situations

SI

Agreed.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #91
cartman
Death Herald

He's ok. His property did take a direct hit, but luckily it just uprooted some trees and took out his shed and an old chicken coop. It was only 50 feet away from his house.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #92
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Glad to hear he was safe! Scary stuff...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #93
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Good deal

SI

Old 04-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #94
cartman
Death Herald

Lots of tornadoes on the ground in Dallas/Fort Worth. My mom just called and said my 5 year old niece was trying to get outside to see one after they showed one on the news, because it looked cool.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #95
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Hope any FOFC folks are alright. Sounds like it was pretty much a nightmare scenario.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">
Old 04-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #96
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Well, that was exciting. I'm in Arlington; not sure if whatever it was that went past us was a tornado or not, but it was blowing like hell.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote