Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Kauai/Milwaukee

KAUAI SENDS:

1st round pick

MILWAUKEE SENDS:

$50m in cap space (1859)

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
wolvie109
n00b

Confirmed.
wolvie109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This is different than spending $50m for a draft pick, because unused cap space has no value. So whereas in a league you'd spend cash to acquire a draft pick, here if you're dealing in something that previously had no value (unusued cap space for a tanking team) and turn it into value, then it's interesting to see what that's worth.

But for a team that's (in this case, obviously) going to tank, to all of a sudden have something of value to traffic in to teams that may or may not be contending...it's a pretty interesting revelation.

I'm fleshing this out for my own brain, because I looked at this completed deal and thought "did we really just trade $50m for a draft pick in a freaking baseball league?" But no, it's not the same thing. Curious to see what this does for teams going forward, especially contenders at deadlines trying to make a push and so forth.

I like this prospect for changing how fast-sim gets played, because it makes the game more adaptable.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-18-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote