Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #551
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You know.

I'm fairly certain there's a lot of Bears fans there tonight.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #552
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

How the fuck do you lose Marshall?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #553
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well, it probably helped that the TE was blocking the corner and the safety before the ball was thrown
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #554
britrock88
Pro Starter

I entered tonight's game with an untouchable 97-point lead in fantasy... my opponent, behind Cutler/Marshall/Bears/Gould, put up 67. (It was close enough that, at one point, a 80+ yard TD pass to Marshall would have tied the game.) Pretty solid showing from the Bears.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #555
Danny
Head Coach

Sanchez is having a pretty good year, he is ahead of both Tannehill and Weeden in QB rating.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #556
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Sanchez is having a pretty good year, he is ahead of both Tannehill and Weeden in QB rating.

you know sarcasm doesnt translate well in words, add a
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #557
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Anyone else hoping that Sanchez has a really good game this weekend just so we don't have put up with round-the-clock Tebow coverage on ESPN?
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #558
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Tebow coverage on ESPN?

What is this "Tebow" you speak of? Is it a new sport?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #559
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

just think of all the electricity a tebow/shonn greene backfiled will produce! 1.5 yards and a cloud of dust!
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #560
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Anyone else hoping that Sanchez has a really good game this weekend just so we don't have put up with round-the-clock Tebow coverage on ESPN?

Absolutely.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #561
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Is there actually round the clock Tebow coverage on ESPN? I haven't watched in forever

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #562
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Is there actually round the clock Tebow coverage on ESPN? I haven't watched in forever

SI

They had Sports Center from Jets camp for the first 2 weeks or so. This was the last straw for me with ESPN.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #563
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

No matter your opinion on Tebow, he's the best option for the Jets right now. If your QB is only going to complete 49.3% of his passes anyway, you may as well be running the wildcat fulltime.

The funny thing is Tebow was probably the bright spot last week for the Jets. Not as a QB of course, but he lined up in the backfield a few times and picked up blitzes like he'd been doing it for years. Sanchez, of course, missed both throws.

Not many people are talking about this, but is it possible we are about to see the end of Rex Ryan as Jets coach? No, I'm not talking about the end of the year, I'm talking about after next weeks game.

Monday night, home game, national tv. . . if the Texans maul them the way the 49ers did, does ownership realize the team is lost anyway and call it a day?
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #564
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't know what I would like to see more, the disappearance of Rex Ryan or Tim Tebow.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #565
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
No matter your opinion on Tebow, he's the best option for the Jets right now. If your QB is only going to complete 49.3% of his passes anyway, you may as well be running the wildcat fulltime.

The funny thing is Tebow was probably the bright spot last week for the Jets. Not as a QB of course, but he lined up in the backfield a few times and picked up blitzes like he'd been doing it for years. Sanchez, of course, missed both throws.

Not many people are talking about this, but is it possible we are about to see the end of Rex Ryan as Jets coach? No, I'm not talking about the end of the year, I'm talking about after next weeks game.

Monday night, home game, national tv. . . if the Texans maul them the way the 49ers did, does ownership realize the team is lost anyway and call it a day?

Woody Johnson loves him. With the Revis and Holmes injuries I'd be stunned if he was fired after the season.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #566
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

1. I don't believe that Tebow is the best option. I think Sanchez is pretty mediocre, but he doesn't have anyone to throw to. Looking at the big picture, the Jets don't have anyone who can stretch the field. They really don't have anyone who can get open consistently now that Holmes is out. And with Sanchez unable to throw the deep out, that allows defenses to stack the middle of the field. Tebow doesn't change that dynamic.

Plus, once you bench Sanchez for Tebow, there's no going back. You can't really put Sanchez back as your long-term starter. Not in that market. Not on that team. It's essentially an irreversible decision. They just gave Sanchez a $40m extension ($20m guaranteed). You don't toss that away after 4 weeks.

2. Rex isn't getting fired next week. Even if he drops trou and dry-humps a cheerleader, he's not getting fired next week.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #567
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Look, I'm not trying to be anti or pro Sanchez, but his extension was nothing more than a glorified cap out of the remainder of his rookie deal so that they could free up a bunch of 2012 space. He can get benched easily.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #568
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Without Revis or Holmes, I think you stick with Sanchez. This is the time you'll find out what he's really made of and if he's the long-term solution at QB.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #569
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm a big Sanchez fan but just put him out of his misery already. He was always a guy who was going to need a good situation to be an effective NFL QB and the Jets are about as far from that as you can get. That team is fucked either way but if you don't have any WR and you still aren't willing to design the gameplay around Sanchez's strengths after four years, you might as well get what Tebow is going to give you, which is an improved running game and the element of surprise when you do pass it. Right now that offense as a traditional offense is a train wreck no matter who the QB is
Old 10-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #570
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

SI

"You Can't Talk Enough Tebow": ESPN's Instructions To On-Air Talent
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #571
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Look, I'm not trying to be anti or pro Sanchez, but his extension was nothing more than a glorified cap out of the remainder of his rookie deal so that they could free up a bunch of 2012 space. He can get benched easily.

Only to some extent. His salary this year was set up as a bonus to pro-rate it over the rest of the deal. That saved $6m in cap space this year. However, his 6m non-guaranteed salary next year became an $8.75m guaranteed salary. That's not just a cap-out. That's a pretty significant chunk of cash.

Anyone can get benched, but the Jets will be paying Sanchez almost $9m next year and there's no way around that. That's an awfully big cap hit for your backup QB.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #572
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

who's decision was it to bring in tebow? johnson, ryan or sparano? i'm guessing johnson since he was the driving force behind the favre signing. i'm sure sparano tacitly approved but... it's such a double bind. everyone saw this coming
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #573
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
1. I don't believe that Tebow is the best option. I think Sanchez is pretty mediocre, but he doesn't have anyone to throw to. Looking at the big picture, the Jets don't have anyone who can stretch the field. They really don't have anyone who can get open consistently now that Holmes is out. And with Sanchez unable to throw the deep out, that allows defenses to stack the middle of the field. Tebow doesn't change that dynamic.

Plus, once you bench Sanchez for Tebow, there's no going back. You can't really put Sanchez back as your long-term starter. Not in that market. Not on that team. It's essentially an irreversible decision. They just gave Sanchez a $40m extension ($20m guaranteed). You don't toss that away after 4 weeks.

2. Rex isn't getting fired next week. Even if he drops trou and dry-humps a cheerleader, he's not getting fired next week.

1) The problem is, Sanchez is not going to be starting if he can't get the completion percentage up and he's not going to get the completion percentage up with a good cast.It's a rabbit hole and it's only a matter of time. I'm not saying Tebow will be successful, but I think his legs can make him more successful than Sanchez. And if Sanchez keeps dying out there, you have no choice anyway.

2) Johnson can love Ryan all he wants. He can blame injuries all he wants. If they get another shellacking and this time it's on national tv, I find it hard to believe it won't start impacting the hometown fans. Once it impacts them, you have to make a move. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens sooner than people think.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #574
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
2) Johnson can love Ryan all he wants. He can blame injuries all he wants. If they get another shellacking and this time it's on national tv, I find it hard to believe it won't start impacting the hometown fans. Once it impacts them, you have to make a move. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens sooner than people think.

I don't believe Ryan gets replaced during the season. You simply have no one on staff that could reasonably take his place. You're not going to ignite the fan base by naming a just fired head coach to replace Ryan in season.

This is a team that has no offense and an aging defense, they have to blow it up and start over from the GM down.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #575
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Replacing Sanchez and his 49% completion rate with one that has a 21% completion rate?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #576
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Replacing Sanchez and his 49% completion rate with one that has a 21% completion rate?

Maybe you bypass Tebow and go with Greg McElroy?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #577
Danny
Head Coach

I don't get the "Sanchez is mediocre argument. He sucks, in the regular season has has consistently been one of the worst regular starting QBs out there. Or if you dont like statistics, watch him play, you can tell he sucks by doing that too.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #578
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Said it before elsewhere - Sanchez is no more than a younger Rex Grossman.

Still applies.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #579
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Looks like there's more players on the field than fans in the stands at tonight's UFL game.

It must suck to be a vendor there...

Last edited by BillJasper : 10-03-2012 at 08:24 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #580
bhlloy
Coordinator

Considering the players haven't got paid so far this season and it's starting to look like they might not get to week three, can you blame them?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #581
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Maybe you bypass Tebow and go with Greg McElroy?
idk. i think the read option can work in the nfl (by work i mean score 10-20 points a game and hope your defense wins turnovers) but not in ny and not under these circumstances
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #582
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Even if he drops trou and dry-humps a cheerleader...

Doesn't dropping trou preclude dry-humping?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #583
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Doesn't dropping trou preclude dry-humping?

I figured he still had his tighty whities on. Or is Rex more of a boxer kind of guy?