Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #451
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
If his parents are wealthy enough to finance his regiment of courtside seats, concert tickets, and rounds at Pebble Beach (and clearly have no issue with doing so), why would he even take the time to sign autographs for $10k when he could just ask for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadspin View Post

Oh, okay.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #452
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
Oh, okay.

Louisiana land deal - check
Texas oil deal - check
Drugs - check
Murder - check
Failed arena plan - check
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #453
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Mizzou's 2014 schedule just came out. Excited to have a real rivalry game back on the schedule. Arkansas will be visiting Columbia. The game will be held annually on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Should be fun!
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #454
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Mizzou's 2014 schedule just came out. Excited to have a real rivalry game back on the schedule. Arkansas will be visiting Columbia. The game will be held annually on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Should be fun!

Is Arkansas the permanent game or A&M?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #455
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Is Arkansas the permanent game or A&M?

Arkansas is the permanent game starting in 2014-2015 school year. A&M's permanent game will be South Carolina.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #456
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
There really isn't anything permanent about the SEC conference schedules. They are only nailed down for the next 3 seasons. They announced back during the media days that there is an SEC committee that is looking to the scheduling for 2016 onward.

Slive: SEC Reviewing Scheduling Policy For Possible 2016 Changes
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #457
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
There really isn't anything permanent about the SEC conference schedules. They are only nailed down for the next 3 seasons. They announced back during the media days that there is an SEC committee that is looking to the scheduling for 2016 onward.

Slive: SEC Reviewing Scheduling Policy For Possible 2016 Changes

At some level, this is true. In the end, they don't expect to have 14 teams for more than a few years. Most expect A&M and USC to both have new rivals in a few years.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #458
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

One thought that has occurred to me is why the SEC never thought to restructure themselves where Alabama and Auburn went East and then could put Missouri and probably Vanderbilt in the West. All those "traditional" rivalries that anyone really cared about (Alabama-Auburn, Auburn-Georgia, Alabama-Tennessee, Georgia-Florida, Florida-Tennessee) would be division games and you wouldn't have to muck with crossovers (at worst, UT/Vandy could be kept if they followed the Big 10 Purdue/Indiana idea). LSU would lose Alabama, true, but they'd still have A&M and I'm sure they don't mind keeping that Texas exposure every year. You'd then be able to get everyone to play everyone else ever four years without having to expand to nine games.

At this point, I don't see nine games as viable until they push the schedule to 13 games overall, even if the "Division 4" idea comes to pass. Too many schools need 8 games at home and if it's your turn to have five conference road games in a nine-game schedule, you have to make all your non-conference games at home and that can be rather difficult to do sometimes.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #459
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
One thought that has occurred to me is why the SEC never thought to restructure themselves where Alabama and Auburn went East and then could put Missouri and probably Vanderbilt in the West.

Most likely because at that point you've got all traditional powers stuck in one division. Plus there's 6 teams in the East that aren't going to vote for taking on Bama every year any time soon. I assume that neither Bama nor Auburn wants to go to the east either. That's 8 votes against it right there.

As it is, even with the current power imbalance being so heavily tilted west, the divisions --within themselves -- are actually fairly competitive right now. LSU or A&M can compete with Bama. UGA/Florida are competitive, SC is currently in the mix for the time being, with UT hoping to get back to that level.

At this point, I don't see nine games as viable until they push the schedule to 13 games overall, even if the "Division 4" idea comes to pass. Too many schools need 8 games at home and if it's your turn to have five conference road games in a nine-game schedule, you have to make all your non-conference games at home and that can be rather difficult to do sometimes.[/quote]
Old 08-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #460
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

On some level, this might be true. On both Arkansas' and the SEC's schedule, the game is listed as the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #461
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
On some level, this might be true. On both Arkansas' and the SEC's schedule, the game is listed as the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

MU football will travel to A&M, host Arkansas in 2014 - KansasCity.com

Quote:
Missouri originally said the game would be played on Friday, Nov. 28, which would have been the Tigers’ first non-Saturday Thanksgiving weekend game since 1954. But Southeastern Conference spokesman Chuck Dunlap clarified that the game is actually scheduled to take place Saturday, Nov. 29, and Missouri spokesman Chad Moller later confirmed, saying there was some “miscommunication regarding the date.”

There’s still a chance Missouri could play on that Friday, however. The SEC currently has three other games scheduled for that Saturday, including Auburn-Alabama, Mississippi State-Ole Miss and Tennessee-Vanderbilt, and one of the four will be moved up to Friday to accomodate CBS, which used to show LSU-Arkansas in that day-after-Thanksgiving time slot.

Moller said the MU-Arkansas game is "being considered for TV for Friday,” per the league office, “but no change” has been made “yet.”

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 08-22-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #462
cartman
Death Herald

The All-Name team for the upcoming season:

The 25 best college football names of 2013 | For The Win

1. ‘Fudge’ Van Hooser (Tulane WR)
T-2. Wave & Blaze Ryder (Navy DB & C)
4. Silverberry Mouhon (Cincinnati DL)
5. Thor Jozwiak (South Florida OL)
6. Win Homer (Boston College OL)
7. ‘Chocolate’ Wilson (Marshall DB)
8. De’Asian Richardson (Louisville DL)
9. Spiffy Evans (Boston College WR)
10. Taco Charlton (Michigan DL)
11. Dee Liner (Alabama DL)
12. Spencer Drango (Baylor OL)
13. Chongo Kondolo (Nebraska OL)
14. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Alabama DB)
15. Jerry ‘BooBoo’ Gates (Bowling Green DB)
16. Chris Blewitt (Pittsburgh PK)
17. Johnny Ragin III (Cal LB)
18. Cassanova McKinzy (Auburn LB)
19. ‘Money’ Hunter (Arkansas State DB)
20. Sirgregory Thornton (Arkansas State RB)
21. Munchie Legaux (Cincinnati QB)
22. Robert Godhigh (Georgia Tech RB)
23. Konockus Sashington (North Texas RB)
24. Hugs Etienne (Wisconsin DB)
25. Pharoah McKever (NC State WR)
Old 08-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #463
Logan
Head Coach

'The System' a great read on college football's inner workings - Yahoo! Sports

You probably never want to read the story of Kiffin/Tennessee's use of recruiting hostesses, only to then see the words "Even worse is the story of the University of Missouri student-athlete tutoring culture..." following it.

Last edited by Logan : 08-26-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #464
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
'The System' a great read on college football's inner workings - Yahoo! Sports

You probably never want to read the story of Kiffin/Tennessee's use of recruiting hostesses, only to then see the words "Even worse is the story of the University of Missouri student-athlete tutoring culture..." following it.

Edit: Hilarious stuff here as the person who made the accusation reveals that she has no person knowledge of wrongdoing outside of the Washington case......

Prosecutor clarifies her comments in book critical of MU tutoring program - KansasCity.com

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 08-30-2013 at 09:57 AM.