Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #451
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Well sure of course. But I was talking about molson's comments about football games, and saying that maybe part of why he enjoyed going to the game was because he's not a fan living in the team's home region anymore.

That's true, I have been to more football games in Denver than I ever went to in New England when I lived there. A game out of town is a cornerstone of a fun weekend away. I did go to a ton of Red Sox games when living in Boston, because the park is right there and it's something you can just decide to do on a Tuesday after work.

Last edited by molson : 01-03-2014 at 01:11 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #452
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I think that's true. Or at least, that's mentioned in most articles about blackouts.

Bengals make push to sell 10K playoff tickets - Bengals Story

If the officials had gotten the KC-SD game right, Steeler fans would have already had this game sold out.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #453
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Of all the sports I've seen in person, pro football has to be the absolute least compelling.

Have you ever been to an NBA game? Those are just as unwatchable in person as they are on the toob. I am amazed the NBA even exists.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #454
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
If the officials had gotten the KC-SD game right, Steeler fans would have already had this game sold out.

An 8-8 team has no right whining about not being in the playoffs.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #455
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Lavonte David got robbed!

Bucs DT McCoy, LB David named All-Pro
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #456
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Of all the sports I've seen in person, pro football has to be the absolute least compelling.

I'm sure my dislike for the venue (Georgia Dome) and the matchup (Falcons - Bucs nearly a decade ago) plays into that but it was leave in the 3rd quarter bad. 50k-60k people staring at the video screens, virtually no one looking directly at the field, it was downright comical.

Agree completely. I went to a Seahawks Monday night game several years ago and you couldn't serve me enough beer to make up for the five minute commercial breaks where you just watch the players standing around staring at each other. Just a real boring experience.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #457
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
Have you ever been to an NBA game? Those are just as unwatchable in person as they are on the toob. I am amazed the NBA even exists.

Haven't been to one in a number of years (somewhere in the late 80s) but at that point they were far more interesting than live NFL.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #458
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Bengals fans are used to being in the playoffs.

Certainly not used to winning in the playoffs... I guess that is why they don't want to go.

We can play that game if you want...

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:40 AM   #459
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post

I don't ever watch the NBA on TV, but I do enjoy going to Pistons games. I personally find the experience very enjoyable. To me, there is just something about watching hockey or basketball in a 15-20k seat arena that is lost in large baseball or football stadiums.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote