Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2003, 09:47 AM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

FOFC - File attachments

Now that our board has been stripped of the capability to post attachments, I'm wondering if there is a fairly easy way to accomplish the same sort of thing. We've been spoiled by this feature recently -- it has been very nice for things like the GroupThink career, as posting filed directly here was *far* easier than anything else we used before.

Is there a fairly easy way to accomplish the same sort of thing? Might there be another board somewhere that we could use just to post attachments, and then link to there from here when we have them?

I'm not asking for a volunteer from the FOFC community to make a great sacrifice - I don't really now what's involved. I just know that I already miss that capability, and would like to find some way to accomplish something similar if it's painless to do so.

Any clever ideas?

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #2
JW27
n00b

we need like an upload center, let me look into it

Simple as that.
JW27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:54 AM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

Quik - I would think the best solution would be to finally leave GameSpy and pony up for our own web host. That way we can run vBulletin AND allow attachments...

Anything else seems like it would get messy.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 10:56 AM   #4
Daimyo
College Starter

Well, there was that free (for two years) hosting company someone posted a few days ago. I think they agve 5GB of bandwith per month with each additional GB costing $.99. I think they ony gave 100MB of storage though.

I guess someone could probably set up an account with them and install some free forum software to use (or just use regular ftp uploades and http downloads), but it would probably only be enough for small focused groups and not for the entire fofc community.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 10:58 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Back with the original GroupThink Wyoming Wildfire, I recall that we found such a free webhosting site, shared the password to give everyone save/load privileges, and that was clumsy but okay.

It was damned easy to just attach files here, though. *sigh*
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote