Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

A couple of bugs, a couple of wishes

I've only run through a couple of seasons but here is my list.

The colors don't stick. I find the Vikings, err... Northmen's colors hard on my eyes. So I set the game to use the easier to read Jets colors. Yet, every time I load a saved game it resets to the Viking colors.

It'd be nice it the roster window would remember your sorting order too.

This is a holdover bug from FOF 4 that doesn't appear to be fixed. I play the 34 defense and don't let the computer change my game plans. But it will change me back to the 43 the next year. Even going so far as to moving my weak and strong inside linebackers to middle linebackers. It doesn't appear to change any other settings.

I have two things on my wish list.

1. I like to spend most of my time in the off season just letting the sim run through the season. My biggest complaint is the lock position doesn't work with the "let coaches reset depth chart." It would be nice to lock a rookie player so he will start in front of an over the hill veteran while letting the coaches handle the injuries.

2. A mock draft: so you could at least get a feel for how the draft will play out ahead of time.

Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:51 PM   #2
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Re: A couple of bugs, a couple of wishes

Quote:
Originally posted by Surtt

This is a holdover bug from FOF 4 that doesn't appear to be fixed. I play the 34 defense and don't let the computer change my game plans. But it will change me back to the 43 the next year. Even going so far as to moving my weak and strong inside linebackers to middle linebackers. It doesn't appear to change any other settings.

WILB AND SILB = MLB. Its just a separational position assignment when running a four linebacker set.

RDT/LDT = NT

I dont mess around with the colors, but I would also like a "Recommend Player" a.k.a "Ask Corso" inside the draft which gives you a what your Scout and individual team needs for the best possible draft pick.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:55 PM   #3
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Re: A couple of bugs, a couple of wishes

Quote:
Originally posted by B & B
I dont mess around with the colors, but I would also like a "Recommend Player" a.k.a "Ask Corso" inside the draft which gives you a what your Scout and individual team needs for the best possible draft pick.

you mean "Ask Mel" don't you?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:07 PM   #4
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

I don't have much of a problem with the position shift other than I sometimes loose experience.

My main complaint is having to go in and change back to the 34 defense every year.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Old 11-19-2003, 01:12 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Re: A couple of bugs, a couple of wishes

Quote:
Originally posted by Surtt

I want to be clear, because I don't think I've ever seen this.

You have players listed at SILB or WILB during season 1 when you're running the 3-4, and then at the beginning of season 2, the game not only switches you back to the 4-3, but some or all of these players have been switched to list as MLB -- even sometimes causing their ratings to suffer from the switch?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:15 PM   #6
Bee
Pro Starter

Re: Re: A couple of bugs, a couple of wishes

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand
I want to be clear, because I don't think I've ever seen this.

You have players listed at SILB or WILB during season 1 when you're running the 3-4, and then at the beginning of season 2, the game not only switches you back to the 4-3, but some or all of these players have been switched to list as MLB -- even sometimes causing their ratings to suffer from the switch?

I've seen this when I had "coach adjusts gameplans" turned on, but not with it turned off before.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:19 PM   #7
Hurst2112
College Starter

About the color changes...

I was messing around with the Steeler's colors to make em a bit more "gold".

Turns out I didn't like what I did with them so I tried to switch them back. There isn't a way you can do this is there? Is there a reset?

The reason I ask is because in your case Surtt, couldn't you copy the color numbers for the Jets into your Viking's colors? I would think that they would stay put then.

Just a thought.

I was thinking about how nice it would be to have an option to take over a new team like you could do in FOF4 with the Texans. I really miss the option of starting with an expansion team.

What was Jim's reason for no expansion teams again? I thought it was something to do with programming. Quicksand, any ideas?

Thanks
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:26 PM   #8
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

It was defiantly happening in FOF 4.

I haven't played FOF 2004 long enough to see if the position switch happens yet, but it defiantly changes my defense to the 43.

It seams to be tied to the ratings of my DTs.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis