Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2003, 06:04 PM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

OT - Weird board problem

I'm having a weird problem - only on one of three computers, and only when on this particular site. I seem to go into "super-slow" mode here, and as I type this right now, I seem to be typing blanks-- I type and my cursor advances a space, and only after a few seconds do the characters appear on the dialog window. There is a similar delay in doing anything here, only from this station.

I'm using MSIE 6.0.2800.blahblahblah and so far, I have yet to encounter any particular troubles with this computer and browser... except that I have been unable to log into hattrick from here also. (But that has been consistent for some time, and this FOFC problem is only for the last week or so)

FWIW, I downloaded and installed the Google toolbar a while back -- and I started having this trouble not too long afterwards. I have since uninstalled the Google bar - but might this be an offshoot of that installation? If so, what should I do to try to remedy it? This is a bit of a pain... this is my main poker computer, and I like to surf while playing...visiting FOFC is a frequent stop during those sessions)

Any thoughts?

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:19 PM   #2
Celeval
Pro Starter

Not much to add, except that I've been using the Google toolbar without problem on a pair of machines.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:20 PM   #3
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Try performing a system restore to a date where it worked. I had the same problem it sounds like, and I just did a system restore and voila! it was back working again.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:27 PM   #4
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
sounds like lots of spyware ,run ad-aware
http://www.webattack.com/get/adaware.shtml

or Spybot,ad-aware is more user friendly but spybot is a little better !!
http://spybot.eon.net.au/

Quote:
on the menu at the top click Tools, Internet options, the General tab, accessibilty..., then uncheck {format documents using my style sheet} omg it worked hope it works for you 2

Some suggestions from a quick internet search...hope these are winners...what you are describing would drive me up the wall.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:35 PM   #5
Airhog
Captain Obvious

QS: if you have this problem on other sites that have forms, then you most definately have spyware on your computer

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:53 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Thanks... I have recently run SpyBot S&D, in an attempt to fix this problem (should have mentioned that) but to no avail (though it did find and eliminate a bunch of crap - no surprise).

I'll keep poking around - and I'm downloading Mozilla as we speak, which might be an even better solution.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote