Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
castorius
n00b

Changes to ratings in new patch 5.0b

54. Change ratings in initial game file to slightly lower overall ratings, evening out positions and reflecting some breakout 2003 performances..

I was wondering if I could still use the old CSV Version Of Real Names Player File in SkyDog's ALL-INCLUSIVE REFERENCE THREAD with the new patch (5.0b) without effecting the new rating changes. Or will a new CSV of Real Names Player File have to be made to account for the new rating changes in the patch?

Sorry, I don't know how these things work.

castorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

New Patch???
Old 12-02-2003, 01:55 PM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by SirFozzie
New Patch???
Front Page....

Sticky Thread at the top....

Read much, Fozzie?
Old 12-02-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Look at the top of the forum Foz
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 01:57 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Guh.

I even went to Solecismic's page to see if he put it out there before I posted it.

Bad Jim! Good Jim! err.. Good Jim! Patch Good, even if Foz is stoopid
Old 12-02-2003, 03:07 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

To answer your question, yes, someone will have to make a new real player's CSV file (since in the CSV file, it defines what ratings to use) to get the new ratings.

EDIT: Actually...I'm not sure what you're asking now that I reread your original post...

The old CSV file will still work, and it will still have the old ratings...

Last edited by sabotai : 12-02-2003 at 03:08 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:13 PM   #7
castorius
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
To answer your question, yes, someone will have to make a new real player's CSV file (since in the CSV file, it defines what ratings to use) to get the new ratings.

EDIT: Actually...I'm not sure what you're asking now that I reread your original post...

The old CSV file will still work, and it will still have the old ratings...

Ya, you answered my question... I think

Basically, I wanted to know if I used the old CSV real player file, will I get the new ratings that Jim put in?

Would it be possible to simply cut and paste the old CSV real player file names (not the ratings, just the names) and apply it to the new CSV file (that Jim will eventually release), so we could get the new ratings with the real names?
castorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:04 PM   #8
Icy
Pro Starter

Umm i'm thinking on it, we need primelord's answer.
If he just edited names not altering the players order at the .csv , we can just copy/paste the real players names columns on the new .csv so we will have the new rattings with the real names.
Of course, for this we need also the new players ratings .csv to paste the real names on it. How to convert the new players file to a .csv file?

Last edited by Icy : 12-02-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:10 PM   #9
Icy
Pro Starter

Ok, just checked it, would be really simple, just copy paste as i said before, we only need the new rattings file converted to .csv, at Solecismic website there is still the pre-patch one.

Old 12-02-2003, 05:14 PM   #10
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
Umm i'm thinking on it, we need primelord's answer.
If he just edited names not altering the players order at the .csv , we can just copy/paste the real players names columns on the new .csv so we will have the new rattings with the real names.
Of course, for this we need also the new players ratings .csv to paste the real names on it. How to convert the new players file to a .csv file?

Don't worry I have you guys taken care of. I am sending the new files with the adjusted ratings and real names to SkyDog so he can host them and link them in the reference thread.

I'll be sending him both the .fdt and .csv files.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:22 PM   #11
Icy
Pro Starter

Thx a lot again Primelord for this fast and great work

Old 12-02-2003, 05:23 PM   #12
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
Don't worry I have you guys taken care of. I am sending the new files with the adjusted ratings and real names to SkyDog so he can host them and link them in the reference thread.

I'll be sending him both the .fdt and .csv files.
Just received 'em. I'm updating and upload shortly. Be back with y'all in a couple of minutes...
Old 12-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #13
Icy
Pro Starter

Thx to you too SkyDog, really great work today from you. Btw, be carefull with the unlimited bandwith, i discovered that is only true if you don't push more bandwith that the average thought by the host company. It's just about maths, they pay X for the bandwith, so it will be unlimited for you up to X minus the profit they want to get from it.

Old 12-02-2003, 05:33 PM   #14
Ben E Lou

Icy:

So I've heard. I've normally been running 1.5-2.0 Gig of transfer per month. November (mirror and patch) had be up to 13. So far, I haven't heard anything from the hosting company.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:33 PM   #15
Ben E Lou

ALL:

The new real name player file and CSV file, with ratings changed to match the 5.0b patch, are now available. Check the sticky thread.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:39 PM   #16
Icy
Pro Starter

Thx again, downloading it, yeah with 13gb you won't have problems, when i did, i pushed 400Gb of course i had too look for another company and learned to pay fixed amount per 10Mb lines insted of per transfered GB.

Old 12-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #17
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
ALL:

The new real name player file and CSV file, with ratings changed to match the 5.0b patch, are now available. Check the sticky thread.

Thanks SkyDog. You are the man.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:43 PM   #18
dacman
College Benchwarmer

A couple of picayune issues with the .csv real players file:

Player 1662 last name in the file as MdDonald

Player 1745 last name in the file WIlkerson (as in capital w, capital i)

Player 732 (Amos Zereoue) birthplace listed as 0 -- my sources say 8017 (Hempstead, NY) http://www.steelers.com/team/playerp...player_id=5219

Player 881 (Sammy Morris) birthplace listed as 0 -- my sources say 11490 (San Antonio, TX) http://www.buffalobills.com/team/pla...layer_id=18899

The birthplace/hometown ones are kind of a judgement call -- several NFL players were born overseas, but aren't exactly non-native. I have vague recollection of a story of Zereoue being born elsewhere, so that may account for that. Not sure about Sammy Morris.

Last edited by dacman : 12-02-2003 at 05:49 PM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:50 PM   #19
Icy
Pro Starter

On the Dolphins i see Fiedler's rattings improved while R.Williams's are worst that in the previous file, mybe reflecting better this year perfomances