Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-26-2015, 02:58 PM   #301
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Possibly. But you still have an entire team of players wondering why the best player at a position isn't playing. Instead, the Browns continue to run out retreads who have proven that they can't play the position with any consistency.

Manziel likely is a complete tool and difficult. I can't believe there aren't a lot of players that are any different. But, the coaching staff's job is to win games, not play power games with a 22 year old.

Manziel is 22 years old and in his 2nd year. He has an organization that's trying to determine whether or not he's worth investing in long term. Last year it was abundantly clear that the answer to that question is more than likely no.

This year he actually positions himself to be the starting QB for the rest of the season and it takes him a week to revert back to the same lifestyle that had him unprepared for the NFL (his words) the previous year. On top of that he lies to the people who's trust he's trying to gain and tries to get others to lie for him. Do you really think there's a group of guys in the locker room ready to get behind a guy that doesn't take an opportunity some of them would kill for seriously?

The Browns gave him a chance to spend the next 6 weeks showing that he's the best QB on the roster and someone worth investing in. He fucked it up. Not the Browns.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:05 PM   #302
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Manziel is 22 years old and in his 2nd year. He has an organization that's trying to determine whether or not he's worth investing in long term. Last year it was abundantly clear that the answer to that question is more than likely no.

This year he actually positions himself to be the starting QB for the rest of the season and it takes him a week to revert back to the same lifestyle that had him unprepared for the NFL (his words) the previous year. On top of that he lies to the people who's trust he's trying to gain and tries to get others to lie for him. Do you really think there's a group of guys in the locker room ready to get behind a guy that doesn't take an opportunity some of them would kill for seriously?

The Browns gave him a chance to spend the next 6 weeks showing that he's the best QB on the roster and someone worth investing in. He fucked it up. Not the Browns.

Exactly. The quarterback position is so important in the NFL. You lose your team if you put someone out there and your team isn't confident in his leadership.

A big part of the success of leaders like Manning and Brady is that the entire team knows that they are harder on themselves than their teammates.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #303
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Be prepared for the room to get dusty if you read this.
Green Bay Packers' Bart Starr to honor Brett Favre with one last great drive at Lambeau

If he makes it onto that field, it'll be the best thing to happen in the NFL all season.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #304
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

He did indeed make it.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:37 PM   #305
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My dream ending to this season is to have both the Panthers and pats to go 18-0, make it to the Super Bowl, and the have the Panthers just trounce the Pats all over the place to be the first 19-0team.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:47 PM   #306
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yay all three teams I was rooting for won today

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote