My thoughts are with you and your family Foz

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #53
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

So very sorry for your loss, Foz. You were a lucky guy to have such an amazing mother, and it sounds like she was lucky to have a man like you as a son. Godspeed.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #54
vtbub
College Starter

So very sorry.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #55
JediKooter
Coordinator

Beautiful post about your mom. I was really hoping for the best for her, she sounded like an awesome mom.

My condolences to you and your family.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #56
lungs
Pro Rookie

Condolences
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #57
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Sorry for your loss.. thoughts and prayers to you and your family Foz.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #58
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Tomorrow (the wake) and Saturday (morning funeral mass) are going to be what I'm calling Crush days. Days that will just crush me.. and I'm trying to be strong. Last couple of days, I've done plenty of sleeping (Pretty much all day long both days), but I can't tell if its good sleep (recovering from stress, gathering strength for trials to come) or bad sleep (hiding from pain/sadness)
Old 12-18-2015, 01:18 AM   #59
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

My heart goes out to you man. My mother passed away on 12/5/15 of lung cancer so I agree with you whole heartedly.....@&)) cancer !!!!!! Just try to take things one day at a time. The pain you feel will diminish but you will never forget her. Hang in there and try not to keep things bottled up in side.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #60
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This was a super tough weekend. We had the wake friday and the mass yesterday morning. Got through it, I don't know how.

"The funeral was beautiful" may be the saddest four words in the English language, but it was. The mass was beautiful. My mom was (and is) beautiful, and all the friends and family who showed up to celebrate her life was beautiful.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:44 PM   #61
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Prayers and best wishes to you and your family, Foz.

My mom's had her cancer come back just recently, which we knew it would given she was generally too weak to handle aggressive treatments that could eradicate it, just force it into remission for a while. I don't think it was expected quite so soon, but such is the nature of it. It's been detected pretty early so we aren't in any life-and-death situations right now. We will probably have a clearer picture of things after the holidays about what options we have to deal with it. Regardless, we are coming up on the fourth year anniversary of my dad suffering his stroke which lead to the discovery of the lymphoma when it was days from killing her. In the time since, she has fought it into remission and seen two more grandchildren born to her. I don't know how much longer she can carry the fight, but we didn't think she'd get out of 2012, let alone 2015. It's been brutally difficult, yet it's also been amazing to see her survive until now.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:51 PM   #62
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
This was a super tough weekend. We had the wake friday and the mass yesterday morning. Got through it, I don't know how.

"The funeral was beautiful" may be the saddest four words in the English language, but it was. The mass was beautiful. My mom was (and is) beautiful, and all the friends and family who showed up to celebrate her life was beautiful.

Sorry, Foz. It's been a little over a year since my mom passed. It's a shakeup of massive proportions. Everything is different, but you'll get through it. Hang in there, bud. The tribute to her you posted in this thread was beautiful. Keep it in your heart. She lives on through you.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:47 AM   #63
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Condolences.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:01 AM   #64
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't know if this will be any comfort to you, but after my Mom died last February following a long bout with dementia, I found out that you quickly find yourself remembering the good years and not so much the years when she was sick. When someone you love is deteriorating before your eyes, you get so fixated on the decline. After they're gone, you're more able to focus on the happy times. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-21-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #65
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Prayers and best wishes to you and your family, Foz.

My mom's had her cancer come back just recently, which we knew it would given she was generally too weak to handle aggressive treatments that could eradicate it, just force it into remission for a while. I don't think it was expected quite so soon, but such is the nature of it. It's been detected pretty early so we aren't in any life-and-death situations right now. We will probably have a clearer picture of things after the holidays about what options we have to deal with it. Regardless, we are coming up on the fourth year anniversary of my dad suffering his stroke which lead to the discovery of the lymphoma when it was days from killing her. In the time since, she has fought it into remission and seen two more grandchildren born to her. I don't know how much longer she can carry the fight, but we didn't think she'd get out of 2012, let alone 2015. It's been brutally difficult, yet it's also been amazing to see her survive until now.

So sorry to hear your family is going through something terrible as well, Wolfpack.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:22 PM   #66
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just a three month follow up.

I'm doing ok, but there are still times where it really hurts. Tonight is one of those nights.. my grandmother (maternal) is in the same place as my mom was at the end, but it's more rehab based (she may have had a minor stroke, she's 90 and complained of dizziness, and had a bleed on her brain).

I want to go up and see her tomorrow when I'm in the area because, well, you never know how many times you can see your family, right? But I'm having a rough time getting over the fact that this was where my mom passed away.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #67
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
But I'm having a rough time getting over the fact that this was where my mom passed away.

I had that same issue, fwiw, with the hospital where my grandfather died. Took me several years to even be able to drive by it without a lot of emotions.

It's part of grieving & healing, meaning there's not always any obvious logic to it from the inside looking out nor is there much that's neccesarily right or wrong. Some reactions just ... are.