Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-05-2016, 03:51 AM   #352
Groundhog
Coordinator

TBH I don't think UNC could've played it much better. In that situation with under 5 on the clock your biggest worry is a drive and shot/foul drawn by the guy bringing it up court.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:15 AM   #353
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
You know there are 4 different broadcasts right? There are two teamstreams for both schools. I assume you're watching the UNC team stream that's on TNT. Then there are the two neutral broadcasts with TBS (Grant Hill, Jim Nantz, etc.) and ESPN International with Dickie Vitale.

As an anti-UNC person, it was fun watching the Villanova homer broadcast. Even with the many cutaways to Michael Jordan.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #354
TroyF
Coordinator

I was utterly shocked at some of the calls I saw last night on both sides. There was one play near the end of the game where the Carolina player was drilled in the arms while attempting a dunk/layup without a call. The trailing Carolina player put the ball back in the basket so it didn't matter, but holy hell that was one of the worst non calls I've seen this year.

The best team in this tourney won. Villanova played lights out throughout the entire thing. I really enjoyed that national title game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #355
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
yeah as the "unbiased" announcer said, Paige really was willing all of his baskets in. He shot that one he OR'ed without even being able to see the basket and it went in.

The "unbiased" announcer was Wes Durham, son of longtime "voice of the Tar Heels" Woody Durham. Wes was Georgia Tech's radio announcer for about 20 years before moving to television three seasons ago. He also does Falcons games. Nostalgic for me to listen to him as a Tech fan and I imagine the same for UNC fans, given he sounds a lot like Woody.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #356
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
The "unbiased" announcer was Wes Durham, son of longtime "voice of the Tar Heels" Woody Durham. Wes was Georgia Tech's radio announcer for about 20 years before moving to television three seasons ago. He also does Falcons games. Nostalgic for me to listen to him as a Tech fan and I imagine the same for UNC fans, given he sounds a lot like Woody.

The UNC guy was Brendon Heywood. He was fine until he started complaining about all the fouls on UNC in the first half at which point thankfully I came to this thread and learned about the 4 different broadcasts and switched to 2nd half to unbiased announcers. I guess I had always remembered it being on CBS and just searched for it and found the first one I saw on the menu thinking it was the feed.

I think if you match them teams up 100 times UNC wins 55-60 percent. Villanova was just making some absolutely crazy shots last night while UNC was missing a lot of easy shots. Also, in the 2nd half things just didnt go UNC's way. The loose balls more often than not found the hands of Villanova players. Despite not being anywhere close to being some of the better college teams we have seen in college basketball that game was a great matchup and very well played.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-05-2016 at 08:50 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #357
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

It was total nostalgia and it was fantastic. I imagine there were generations of lifelong Carolina fans who all went goosebumpy at the same time when Wes, with perfect timing, asked us all to "go where you go and do what you do."
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #358
wustin
College Prospect

I watched the game with Dick Vitale commentary. I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about him but I grew up listening to him and college basketball for me isn't the same unless he's commentating.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:12 AM   #359
Butter
Coordinator

He sounded bummed after the Nova shot went in.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #360
wustin
College Prospect

He's a big Duke and UNC homer so that's not surprising.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:50 PM   #361
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

hahaha - funny reading these. I was on the Nova broadcast and they were making fun of Roy and the Heels going balistic when any call went against them. Said something like "well, its weird I guess when you're used to getting every call go your way. Except against Duke I guess."

I thoroughly enjoyed the biased broadcasts. Although the one guy kept trolling MJ.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #362
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I was looking at my bracket on ESPN after the Finals-with the Mich St. loss it was pretty much a trainwreck, but I had forgotten who I had in the Final Two.-N.Carolina and Villanova. Was looking pretty good for me to get that right too....uh well maybe next year. Still I think that's the first time I've had the Final Two right.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:36 PM   #363
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

UConn women closing in on 4th straight title.. that is freaking amazing.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #364
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Interesting ratings...

Unbiased (TBS): 13.9m overall, 4.5 rating 18-49.
UNC (TNT): 3.1m overall, 1.1 rating 18-49.
Villanova (TruTV): 0.8m overall, 0.3 rating 18-49.

MLB Opening Day 4:00 p.m. (ESPN): 0.9m overall, 0.3 rating 18-49.
MLB Opening Day 7:00 p.m. (ESPN): 0.9m overall, 0.4 rating 18-49.

For perspective...

WWE at 9:00 p.m. (USA): 4.2m overall, 1.6 rating 18-49.
Better Call Saul (AMC): 1.9m overall, 0.8 rating 18-49.

Women's NCAA Championship (Tuesday, ESPN): 3.0m overall, 0.7 rating 18-49.

Last edited by Solecismic : 04-06-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote