Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if the election was held today?
Donald Trump 18 16.22%
Hillary Clinton 57 51.35%
Gary Johnson 11 9.91%
Other (Specify in thread) 7 6.31%
I wouldn't vote for any of them 18 16.22%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #101
PilotMan
Head Coach

Reagan worked against the interests of the United States, actively working against the Carter administration to keep the hostages in Iran until after he was elected. Regan conveniently couldn't recall anything about Iran/Contra.

Attention Required! | CloudFlare

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #102
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Here's why I am completely anti-Hilary. She is the ultimate for her self politician. She will support anything that helps her self-interest, over that of the country, and regardless of what laws or policies or past stances she has had that she violates.

In my opinion, she is one of the most untrustworthy people I have ever come across in politics. While politicians are by their nature not worthy of being trusted, she is next level.

I may disagree with Obama, for instance, and I certainly don't expect him to be honest all the time, but I believe he does what he feels is right for the country and its people.

I believe Hilary is all about Hilary alone, her power, her legacy.

With Trump, his stances are so ridiculous, I know he won't get most of it past Congress and he will have to compromise. Plus, strangely enough, I "trust" him more--as in, I know he's a dumbass and I can pretty clearly see what he will try to do and I can trust that.

All that said, I'm never voting Trump either. He's a nutcase. I voted up top for Johnson.
Let me start with a disclaimer: I was and have been a HRC fan for a long time. I do have a certain amount of HRC fatigue, however. I think she's intelligent, but I don't think she has the political savvy Bill has and I think that 25 years in the spotlight has shifted her from being the outspoken-tells-it-like-it-is woman she was in 1991 to a much more careful political in 2016. I think that's a by-product of having everything you say parsed for 25 years, and I'm not sure there is a politician in this country who has been under the spotlight as much as she has.

That said, I think Chief Rum's argument is a fairly typical straw man argument against Hillary, but I think it's mostly built on narratives and not facts.

Every politician flip-flops. Donald Trump has flip-flopped and changed his positions much more than Clinton has. Almost everything Trump says is a lie -- and there are dozens of fact checkers who will back up the assertion that he lies much more than Hillary has ever thought about it. Virtual every position he has asserted in the last 12 months has been a radical departure from his past positions.

So why is the narrative that Hillary Clinton is a liar and a typical politician, whereas Donald Trump tells it like it is and is an anti-politician?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote