Old 11-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #4901
Thomkal
Head Coach

Donald Trump has figured out why the NFL's ratings are down:

Trump claims his Clinton battle is driving down NFL ratings - POLITICO
Old 11-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #4902
Edward64
Head Coach

It seems that some newcasters (e.g. CNN) are publicly announcing who they are supporting. This seems different from past years or has it been doing on?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #4903
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
So you're certain both that Putin engineered the interference in our election, and that he would not have done so if Trump wasn't running? Manafort does have ties to shady Putin allies, but there is an alleged pattern of Russian interference across Europe and he doesn't seem to be a fan of HRC's foreign policy stances.

Russia did suspend their interference activity when he attacked the Khan family and they were worried he'd be forced to withdraw, so it doesn't look like they were looking to back just any Republican.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #4904
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
It seems that some newcasters (e.g. CNN) are publicly announcing who they are supporting. This seems different from past years or has it been doing on?

Are you talking about Ana Navarro? She's a pundit and not a newscaster.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #4905
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Are you talking about Ana Navarro? She's a pundit and not a newscaster.

Also Fareed this past Sunday.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #4906
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think on cable news the line between newscaster and pundit is ridiculously blurred. Though, saying that, you aren't going to have Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper or Shep Smith or Chris Wallace making endorsements.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #4907
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Also Fareed this past Sunday.

Love Fareed. Smart dude. His pieces are always top notch.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #4908
digamma
Torchbearer

Kurt Eichenwald's twitter is a good read.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #4909
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Was it NBC that used to paint a map superimposed on an ice rink? I always got a kick out of that.

I was there Friday night and they were training the camera guys and what not for the election. They were filming the rink and were working out the best angles. There was a computer graphic of the us in their monitor for where it was supposed to be on the ice.

So they'll have the ice map.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:26 PM   #4910
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Kurt Eichenwald's twitter is a good read.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #4911
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Lots of state polls released today. Not much good news for Trump, especially in Ohio which was thought to be in the bag for him. But this does explain why both campaigns are in Michigan.

FL: D+1, D+2, D+1, D+2, D+1, D+2, R+4
OH: D+2, R+3, D+1, D+1
NC: D+2, D+7, R+1, D+6, D+2, Tie
CO: D+5, D+5, D+4
NH: D+9, D+11, D+6, D+11, D+3
AZ: D+2, R+9, R+5
PA: D+2, D+5, D+3, R+2
IA: D+3, R+10, Tie
MI: D+6, D+2, D+1, R+2
VA: D+9, D+10, D+5, D+6, D+4
NV: D+2, Tie, D+1, D+2, D+3
WI: D+5, D+6, D+1

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 11-07-2016 at 07:11 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #4912
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I'm starting to think this 35 cent price for Hillary winning Ohio is a good deal.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:38 PM   #4913
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Repent
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #4914
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Naw man, he packed up and moved to Oregon around the same time he dropped away from FOFC. I didn't know you were in Cincy. So I guess your vote will matter after all! In Kentucky, my vote isn't work dick, but I still voted.

I was in Seattle for 13 years definitely when he was there. I remember him saying he was moving to Cincy cause he liked the politics better or didn't like the seattle politics or something.

I was originally from this area and moved back to help my mom when my dad died.

Anyway I went down to the HQ and got posters. I found a canvasing place but felt uncomfortable knocking on people's doors in the evening. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

I'll definitely help hand out literature bright and early tomorrow. I'm up in the burbs. I see a trump sign here and there. Finally saw a Clinton one. But down further south it's Clinton all over the place.

I was wondering...since they have so many early voting locations in rural areas and only ONE in cities, that could be the reason ohio is close.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #4915
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Lots of state polls released today. Not much good news for Trump, especially in Ohio which was thought to be in the bag for him. But this does explain why both campaigns are in Michigan.

FL: D+1, D+2, D+1, D+2, D+1, D+2, R+4
OH: D+2, R+3, D+1, D+1
NC: D+2, D+7, R+1, D+6, D+2, Tie
CO: D+5, D+5, D+4
NH: D+9, D+11, D+6, D+11
AZ: D+2, R+9
PA: D+2, D+5, D+3, R+2
IA: D+3, R+10
MI: D+6, D+2, D+1, R+2
VA: D+9, D+10, D+5, D+6, D+4
NV: D+2, Tie, D+1, D+2
WI: D+5, D+6, D+1

can someone dicipher this for me? I don't know what it means
Old 11-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #4916
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
can someone dicipher this for me? I don't know what it means

D=Democrat
R=Republican

D+3 means Clinton is up by 3 in that state.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #4917
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

but why so many sets of numbers are these just lots of different sources att the same time or a progression?

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-07-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:02 PM   #4918
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
but why so many sets of numbers

Different polls.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #4919
Flasch186
Coordinator

Serious question - Lots of deeply Religious Christian conservatives on my facebook or really praying hard proclaiming that, in Jesus' name, Trump is going to win. That its destiny... what happens to those people if he doesn't win? If they go 'all in' publicly at least for one candidate over another and put it in biblical terms, what do you do if it goes the other way?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:07 PM   #4920
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
but why so many sets of numbers are these just lots of different sources att the same time or a progression?

That's how many polls were released today.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #4921
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Serious question - Lots of deeply Religious Christian conservatives on my facebook or really praying hard proclaiming that, in Jesus' name, Trump is going to win. That its destiny... what happens to those people if he doesn't win? If they go 'all in' publicly at least for one candidate over another and put it in biblical terms, what do you do if it goes the other way?

nothing really. I mean nothing happened with them when Obama won except their constant demand that he was a criminal. At least some of them. Others...meh....don't really get into politics.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:19 PM   #4922
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I know someone who believes with all her heart that, and it's a wonderful heart, that she'll be dead in 3 years if Clinton is elected. That war will come to the US and she'll be dead. Now that's fear. She's literally sick to her stomach that this election could turn out any other way than for Trump to get elected.

Like Steam?

Old 11-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #4923
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I was in Seattle for 13 years definitely when he was there. I remember him saying he was moving to Cincy cause he liked the politics better or didn't like the seattle politics or something.

I was originally from this area and moved back to help my mom when my dad died.

Anyway I went down to the HQ and got posters. I found a canvasing place but felt uncomfortable knocking on people's doors in the evening. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

I'll definitely help hand out literature bright and early tomorrow. I'm up in the burbs. I see a trump sign here and there. Finally saw a Clinton one. But down further south it's Clinton all over the place.

I was wondering...since they have so many early voting locations in rural areas and only ONE in cities, that could be the reason ohio is close.

His wife got a great promotion and he quit work to raise the kids and is Mr. Mom now. He loves every minute of it, and their family is super happy.

Man, once you cross that river it's all Trump. Very few Clinton signs, and a handful of hand made Hillary 4 Prison signs. It's such a different world there.

I'm about 15 minutes from downtown and about 20 minutes from the airport south of the city.

Like Steam?

Old 11-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #4924
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Most will do what they've done for quite a while now: pray for continued patience, deliverance, or the end.

And I'm not even trying to be flip, that's basically a legit answer to your question.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #4925
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
His wife got a great promotion and he quit work to raise the kids and is Mr. Mom now. He loves every minute of it, and their family is super happy.

Man, once you cross that river it's all Trump. Very few Clinton signs, and a handful of hand made Hillary 4 Prison signs. It's such a different world there.

I'm about 15 minutes from downtown and about 20 minutes from the airport south of the city.

we should hang out and lament our lives with drinks and games
i recently found a HUGE gaming/comic book store where i live
Old 11-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #4926
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Holy crap there is a lot of damning stuff about Trump in all that that should have got more attention than it did. I am not familiar with this reporter-what's his reputation/seen as credible?
Old 11-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #4927
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I know someone who believes with all her heart that, and it's a wonderful heart, that she'll be dead in 3 years if Clinton is elected. That war will come to the US and she'll be dead. Now that's fear. She's literally sick to her stomach that this election could turn out any other way than for Trump to get elected.

hmmmm. speaking as one who has pretty much always been both spiritual and religious I get it. In the distant past you are taught certain things. But eventually you may or may not unravel some of these things and it's alright. YOu can still have faith while disagreeing.

I remember back in 2004. A really good friend who was also a horror/haunted house fanatic. He was a mormon who was telling me how much Dubya loves his wife and is a great family man and at the end of the day that's what he wanted and that Kerry was all politics. The "family values" argument has of course been a backbone of republican candidacy since George I. And sure everyone wants happy families.

But here with Trump we have someone who is genuinely a threat to that. He's for sex and greed and ultracapitalism and doesn't pay taxes and flaunts it, gets into constant fights with people, incites it. And this isn't even making anything up...just watching videos of him. How other Christians view him at all in the same sentence as Christ...is...well you know.

But I guess it's proof to me that a lot of deep evangelicals associate religious with republicans and not the candidates themselves. At least it really seems that way.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #4928
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
we should hang out and lament our lives with drinks and games
i recently found a HUGE gaming/comic book store where i live

<--- moving to where ever Fox is living
Old 11-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #4929
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

http://www.upupandawaycomics.com/Welcome.html
Old 11-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #4930
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Holy crap there is a lot of damning stuff about Trump in all that that should have got more attention than it did. I am not familiar with this reporter-what's his reputation/seen as credible?

He's written several stories about Trump for Newsweek this election cycle.

How the Trump Organization's Foreign Business Ties Could Upend U.S. National Security

How Donald Trump's Company Violated the United States Embargo Against Cuba

Why Vladimir Putin's Russia Is Backing Donald Trump

He is credible, he was previously an award winning investigative reporter for the New York Times.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:45 PM   #4931
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How other Christians view him at all in the same sentence as Christ...is...well you know.

It's okay, I can't fathom how anyone claims Christianity & associates themselves with the (D) or the left in any manner, way, shape or form.

And I don't say that so much as a shot at anyone as to get to my point that
the GOP is not the only organization/institution with deep, irreconcilable rifts. {shrug}
Old 11-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #4932
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

What I don't understand (and this is not an attack on anyone, just a legitimate question), how can anyone who is a deeply religious Christian support Trump? Isn't he nearly the opposite of Christ-like? Do they ignore what he has said and done or just believe it to be lies?
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #4933
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks for that McKerney. This guy and the stuff he reported on should have been more heavily reported than in was

Jaygr yeah I talked about that a few pages ago. If Trump had a D next to his name, and said/did all this, they would be calling him the Antichrist. Many seem to think he is their best chance for getting abortion outlawed, and are willing to overlook/forgive all his other sins.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #4934
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump said he received a wonderful letter from Bill Bellichek:

Katy Tur Verified account @KatyTurNBC

Trump also says Bill Belichick wrote him "the most beautiful letter." Reads it -->

Old 11-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #4935
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Trump said he received a wonderful letter from Bill Bellichek:

Katy Tur Verified account @KatyTurNBC

Trump also says Bill Belichick wrote him "the most beautiful letter." Reads it -->

Last edited by mckerney : 11-07-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #4936
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of Massachusetts Politics, I don't think he will, but if he does run against Warren, it will be an honor, a privilige and my duty to vote against Schilling:

Curt Schilling on Twitter: "Ok, so much awesome here... https://t.co/qx5rbW2cop"

(for those who don't randomly click on twitter links, Schilling is calling a t-shirt that says "A rope. A journalist. A tree. Some assembly required" awesome. Unironically.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-07-2016 at 08:36 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:36 PM   #4937
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm dying to hear if Belichick actually wrote that.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #4938
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Speaking of Massachusetts Politics, I don't think he will, but if he does run against Warren, it will be an honor, a privilige and my duty to vote against Schilling:

Curt Schilling on Twitter: "Ok, so much awesome here... https://t.co/qx5rbW2cop"

(for those who don't randomly click on twitter links, Schilling is calling a t-shirt that says "A rope. A journalist. A tree. Some assembly required" awesome. Unironically.

He's also an expert an unskewing polls.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:38 PM   #4939
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

yeah I'm sure Elizabeth Warren is sweating bullets right now at the possibility of running against him
Old 11-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #4940
cuervo72
Head Coach

ENDING COAL. Coal, you are NOW DEAD BY DECREE.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #4941
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Books a plane, but is there someplace I can hideout there if Trump wins?
Old 11-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #4942
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
ENDING COAL. Coal, you are NOW DEAD BY DECREE.

West Virginia might have a problem with that
Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #4943
cuervo72
Head Coach

West Virginia has a lot of problems
Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #4944
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
What are your favorite networks/websites to follow this stuff tomorrow night? Do you have a system?

Edit: I'm looking for something with entertainment value. I remember one site I stumbled upon Super Tuesday that had visualizations of the candidates floating higher in balloons if they were doing well, or something. It amused me.

Google works just fine these days. They'll be updating results every 30 seconds.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #4945
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:

They've got 99 problems, but teeth ain't one.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #4946
Drake
assmaster

Quote:

Well, the Seventh Day Adventists seem to have survived the original Great Disappointment (real thing, not a Douglas Adams-ism) since 1844, so I imagine they'll be okay.

edit: fixed date

Last edited by Drake : 11-07-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #4947
Drake
assmaster

I'm going to end up as disgusted by what Curt Schilling has become as I am about Roger Clemens. The struggle is real for us Red Sox fans.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:51 PM   #4948
Drake
assmaster

Quote:

99 problems, but coal ain't one.

edit: Dammit, didn't even see Crescent's post. Damn.

Last edited by Drake : 11-07-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #4949
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I get to vote for three different people for president tomorrow.

I am voting for Gary Johnson which i thought is a vote for the Libertarian candidate for president.

My liberal friends all have told me not only is this a wasted vote but also a vote for Trump.

My mom and other conservative voters have told me this is indeed a wasted vote and basically a vote for Clinton.

So I am excited... 3 for the price of 1!
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #4950
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yeah my mom has warned of her secret agenda. Basically back in 1992 her and Bill decided not to enact any of the liberal policies during eight years of his presidency, then when Obama was elected they have gone another eight years just waiting for the right moment which if all goes well will come tomorrow 24 years later where Hillary can take all the guns back and allow all our embassies to be attacked and destroyed.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote