Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
BishopMVP
Coordinator

2017 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

The downside to having two good quarterbacks in a 1 QB league (until an injury) - who would you start, Marcus Mariota hosting Oakland, or Russell Wilson at Green Bay? I'm leaning Wilson right now, though Yahoo! projects Mariota higher.

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
molson
General Manager

I'm facing the same choice and also leaning Wilson. Wilson has been a clear top 5 QB when healthy and we can't say that about Mariota yet. And at this point, with no 2017 games to go on, we can't say whether the Raiders or Packers are a better matchup for a QB - so might as well go with the QB you drafted higher.

Hopefully the decisions are easier from here. The "two strong QB" strategy helped win me a championship a few years ago when I was alternating Palmer and Roethlisberger and got more points out of the QB position than anyone else.

Last edited by molson : 09-07-2017 at 06:04 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
Landshark44
High School Varsity

which patriots RB to start tonight?

Got toreplace Ajayi in my lineup
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
The downside to having two good quarterbacks in a 1 QB league (until an injury) - who would you start, Marcus Mariota hosting Oakland, or Russell Wilson at Green Bay? I'm leaning Wilson right now, though Yahoo! projects Mariota higher.

I'd go with Mariota. The Titans/Raiders game has a much higher possibility of being a shootout.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
MrBug708
Head Coach

Joe Mixon, Donte Moncrief, or Mark Ingram?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #6
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark44 View Post
which patriots RB to start tonight?

Got toreplace Ajayi in my lineup

I'm using White as a second flex, I think there's a good chance Brady gets him involved and he sees the end zone.

Gillislee could see a ton of goal line carries this season but it's tough to start him or Burkhead in their first games with the Pats considering we have no idea what they'll do with the RBs. Of course, we won't have much idea what they're doing in week 12 either.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #7
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm using White as a second flex, I think there's a good chance Brady gets him involved and he sees the end zone.

Gillislee could see a ton of goal line carries this season but it's tough to start him or Burkhead in their first games with the Pats considering we have no idea what they'll do with the RBs. Of course, we won't have much idea what they're doing in week 12 either.
Haha yeah bit late now anyways, but last sentence says it all... I think Gillislee could be the best play since he looks like he'll get TD's, but all 3.5 (Lewis is the .5 for now) are complete wild cards week to week.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:07 AM   #8
Comey
College Starter

So so glad I could keep Kareem Hunt on my bench tonight.

Glad I'm back to having wonderful fantasy timing.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #9
Suicane75
Coordinator

Need some help here. I need time machine blueprints so I can go back about a month and not draft Eddie Lacy in sooo many leagues.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #10
BishopMVP
Coordinator

$100 waiver budget, and Kerwynn Williams is available... hopefully if David Johnson is going on the IR it's figured out tomorrow, but what's the acceptable bid? Worth dropping over half the budget, or will he split touches with Ellington/not be good enough to warrant that even if Johnson is out for the year?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #11
bhlloy
Coordinator

Isn't DJ on the IR that means he can come back after week 8? I think it will be enough of a timeshare for 7-8 weeks on a team with a QB who looks like he's close to being done that I'm not putting big money on either Arizona RB

I'd much rather blow my budget on Tarik Cohen given how much better he looked than Howard week 1. Especially in a PPR
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #12
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah I cant see Williams becoming the feature back. Time share and I have even read they are thinking of bringing Chris Johnson back.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #13
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Need to start either Carlos Hyde vs. Sea or Terrance West vs. Cle as RB 2. I actually think Hyde probably does have much of a chance to get going in a game where the 49ers will probably get throttled so I'm leaning towards West.

In the WR department I need to start 3 of the following 4: Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin, and Larry Fitzgerald. I like them all this week so I'm really having a hard time here. Julio obviously without question will start.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #14
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Need to start either Carlos Hyde vs. Sea or Terrance West vs. Cle as RB 2. I actually think Hyde probably does have much of a chance to get going in a game where the 49ers will probably get throttled so I'm leaning towards West.

In the WR department I need to start 3 of the following 4: Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin, and Larry Fitzgerald. I like them all this week so I'm really having a hard time here. Julio obviously without question will start.

I like West

and Jones, Baldwin, Fitzy... Fitzy should get a lot more redzone targets with Johnson out.

Nice team BTW, how many team league?

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-17-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #15
MrBug708
Head Coach

Gotta start two of the three

Lynch, Hunt, or Shady
Old 09-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #16
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Gotta start two of the three

Lynch, Hunt, or Shady

PPR?

Hunt and Shady... Although Lynch would have the highest floor IMO and almost certain 1 td. Hunt and Shady are too valuable in PPR leagues to bench IMO.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-17-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:58 AM   #17
MrBug708
Head Coach

No ppr
Old 09-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #18
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
No ppr

id go lynch and hunt in that case
Old 09-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #19
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post

Nice team BTW, how many team league?

It's a 12 team league and we took one on the chin in week 1.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #20
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Week 4 QB - Cousins vs. KC or Dalton vs. CLE

I'm leaning heavily toward Cousins, but he's struggled 2 out of 3 games. Dalton has been turrible, but looked OK last week and ... Cleveland.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:45 AM   #21
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Hopefully you went Dalton.

I have the unfortunate luck of owning David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, and Chris Carson. PPR and Keeper league, here are my options on the wire:
  • Alvin Kamara, NO
  • Shane Vereen, NYG
  • Andre Ellington, AZ
  • Wendell Smallwood, PHI
  • Elijah McGuire, NYJ
  • Wayne Gallman, NYG

I'm thinking my priority is:
1. Ellington
2. Kamara
3. ???
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #22
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

I have the unfortunate luck of owning David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, and Chris Carson. PPR and Keeper league, here are my options on the wire:
  • Alvin Kamara, NO
  • Shane Vereen, NYG
  • Andre Ellington, AZ
  • Wendell Smallwood, PHI
  • Elijah McGuire, NYJ
  • Wayne Gallman, NYG

1. Ellington
2. Kamara
3. ???

I'm also about to navigate losing Cook and Carson. Thankfully I still have Kareem Hunt, unless he tears an ACL tonight.

I've got Ameer Abdullah and Mike Gillislee on the bench.

From your list I like Kamara the best.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #23
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:

• Alvin Kamara, NO
  • Shane Vereen, NYG
  • Andre Ellington, AZ
  • Wendell Smallwood, PHI
  • Elijah McGuire, NYJ
  • Wayne Gallman, NYG

1. Ellington
2. Kamara
3. ???

I went with Cousins over Dalton, but it didn't really matter. My opponent had Brady, Fournette, Nuk Hopkins and the Texans D. I could have played both Cousins and Dalton and would have still been blown out.

In a PPR league, I think Kamara is your best bet. Even with Ingram morphing into the feature back, Kamara will get enough catches and scores to start him. I like Smallwood slightly better than Ellington simply because he'll get more carries in addition to receptions - it looked like the Eagles had a bunch of screen passes in their gameplan yesterday. Ellington had a strong game, but there are so many receivers that get targets in AZ, it's going to be tough for him to be consistent.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #24
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

• Alvin Kamara, NO
  • Shane Vereen, NYG
  • Andre Ellington, AZ
  • Wendell Smallwood, PHI
  • Elijah McGuire, NYJ
  • Wayne Gallman, NYG

1. Ellington
2. Kamara
3. ???

Eddie Lacy out there or Latavious Murray available?
Old 10-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #25
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Same team also has David Carr, jeez. DeShaun Watson available, but I already have Cam Newton as well. Was such a strong team two weeks ago...

Latavius Murray is not available, and I'm really not a fan of Lacy, especially after what McKissic did. Decisions, decisions. I think I'm going to go with:

1. Watson
2. Kamara
3. Ellington
4. Smallwood

Still not sure though. This is a league where you are limited to 10 adds for the whole season...I've got 9 left (picked up Carson last week, RIP), so that's not really an issue yet, but yeah.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #26
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So the parade of injuries this year has been impressive for this one team, and it has left me with some difficult decisions.

This is a keeper league; keep 4 players with no restrictions. No loss of draft picks, nothing. The interesting thing about it is that we have a fairly thin bench, and you are only allowed 10 adds all season long. I have already burned through 6 of them. Here is my team:
Starters:
  • QB - Cam Newton
  • RB - David Johnson
  • RB - Devonta Freeman
  • WR - Odell Beckham, Jr.
  • WR - Adam Thielen
  • TE - Zach Ertz
  • Flex (RB/WR/TE) - Davante Adams
  • K - Greg Zeurlein (dropped Will Lutz due to the bye and my injury woes, he was snatched up immediately)
  • D - Minnesota Vikings
Bench:
  • Derek Carr
  • Tevin Coleman
  • Alvin Kamara
  • Alex Collins
  • J.D. McKissic
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • Baltimore Ravens Defense

My team is wrecked with injuries (this is the one that already punted on Dalvin Cook and Chris Carson), and my already thin bench now has two no-doubt keepers (Johnson and Beckham) out for extended periods of time and just taking up space.

The real question: do you drop Carr to pick up some needed depth?
Old 10-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #27
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So the parade of injuries this year has been impressive for this one team, and it has left me with some difficult decisions.

This is a keeper league; keep 4 players with no restrictions. No loss of draft picks, nothing. The interesting thing about it is that we have a fairly thin bench, and you are only allowed 10 adds all season long. I have already burned through 6 of them. Here is my team:
Starters:
  • QB - Cam Newton
  • RB - David Johnson
  • RB - Devonta Freeman
  • WR - Odell Beckham, Jr.
  • WR - Adam Thielen
  • TE - Zach Ertz
  • Flex (RB/WR/TE) - Davante Adams
  • K - Greg Zeurlein (dropped Will Lutz due to the bye and my injury woes, he was snatched up immediately)
  • D - Minnesota Vikings
Bench:
  • Derek Carr
  • Tevin Coleman
  • Alvin Kamara
  • Alex Collins
  • J.D. McKissic
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • Baltimore Ravens Defense

My team is wrecked with injuries (this is the one that already punted on Dalvin Cook and Chris Carson), and my already thin bench now has two no-doubt keepers (Johnson and Beckham) out for extended periods of time and just taking up space.

Do you plan on keeping Carr?
Do you have a chance of winning anything this year?

I would weigh them two decisions. I mean if you feel you can compete and make some money this year and you didnt see Carr as a keeper it would make sense to drop him. Tough season you have had some awful luck. Having Freeman, Johnson, and Beckham coming into the season had to feel good.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-09-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #28
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:

This is a keeper league; keep 4 players with no restrictions. No loss of draft picks, nothing. The interesting thing about it is that we have a fairly thin bench, and you are only allowed 10 adds all season long. I have already burned through 6 of them.
I don't have a problem dropping him but I certainly wouldn't at this point unless due to byes/additional injuries you're starting a guaranteed zero. Sounds like saving those 4 adds for emergencies are more important than bench depth at this point.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #29
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So if I traded Elliott for Evans earlier in the week. I figure it's just like him getting injured right? I remember trading for Ryan Braun the day before he was suspended for steroids. Do I owe anything to the new Elliott owner? My only worry is it is a low stakes work league and don't want bad blood over something dumb like fantasy.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #30
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've been trying to trade Elliott for two weeks. All's fair, no foul there.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #31
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Do you plan on keeping Carr?
Do you have a chance of winning anything this year?

I would weigh them two decisions. I mean if you feel you can compete and make some money this year and you didnt see Carr as a keeper it would make sense to drop him. Tough season you have had some awful luck. Having Freeman, Johnson, and Beckham coming into the season had to feel good.

Yeah, team was pretty stacked coming in, especially after picking up Dalvin Cook (Hunt went off the board one pick in front of me, I was very disappointed there). I'm 3-2 now, and while I'm solidly in third place with a healthy points lead, it will likely be very difficult to maintain that production given the injuries I have sustained.

Carr stays for now...actually almost sad that he's coming back already, feel like that is just asking for re-injury.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:09 AM   #32
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Not really looking for advice but more of a discussion. I have had Alvin Kamara and been riding him all year to the playoffs in all of my leagues. I saw that Ingram might be out tonight. That is actually worse for Kamara right? Him being the feature back would allow the Falcons to focus only on him. Ingram hasn't really been stealing anything from him he kind of takes some of the focus away and allows him to line up as a receiver.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:35 AM   #33
Logan
Head Coach

Last I saw Ingram was looking like a go but either way, I'd be surprised if the extra "focus" hurt him very much.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #34
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Jeez, I hate fantasy football.

Had a great regular season in my office league - best record in the league (11-2), scored the most points (125 per game in an ESPN PPR), top seed ... and absolutely laid an egg in the first leg of the two-week cumulative opening round, by far my worst weekly score of the entire year.

With Zach Ertz out, I thought I was covered pretty well, moving TD-machine Jimmy Graham from FLEX to TE and Jermaine Kearse off the bench to FLEX. They COMBINED for 1 catch and 4 yards. Oh, and the Pittsburgh defense managed to deliver -3 points against the vaunted Baltimore attack. I'm down 50 heading into the second leg next weekend.

I guess it's payback for last year, when I barely snuck into the last playoff spot and ran away with the trophy.

Last edited by Hammer755 : 12-11-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #35
lungs
Pro Rookie

Grrrr. Didn't make the playoffs because my Uncle with dementia started Jermaine Kearse instead of Antonio Brown.

I'm not actually mad though. FF is one of the few things that keeps his mind going.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #36
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Since this appears to be the place to complain it is shaping up where that stupid Eagles defensive TD could be what knocks me out of the playoffs. Give it about a 50/50 shot. We both still have players going tonight but that cut my cushion by quite a bit. Realistically with who we have left that one play is the only reason he has a real shot besides dart throw tonight.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #37
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So who the heck do I play at QB in week one of my fantasy playoffs now that Wentz is out? My backup was (shudder) McCown, so I'm streaming going forward. Foles seems like the obvious option against that terrible NY secondary, but I have the following other QBs available:
  • Garappolo vs Tennessee
  • Winston vs Atlanta
  • Cutler @ Buffalo
  • Bortles vs Houston
  • Flacco @ Cleveland
  • Hundley @ Carolina
  • Trubisky @ Detroit

Feels like there are options that aren't awful in there, just hard to tell which ones. I think my top three are:

1. Foles
2. Winston
3. Flacco (ugh)
Old 12-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #38
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer755 View Post
Jeez, I hate fantasy football.

Had a great regular season in my office league - best record in the league (11-2), scored the most points (125 per game in an ESPN PPR), top seed ... and absolutely laid an egg in the first leg of the two-week cumulative opening round, by far my worst weekly score of the entire year.

With Zach Ertz out, I thought I was covered pretty well, moving TD-machine Jimmy Graham from FLEX to TE and Jermaine Kearse off the bench to FLEX. They COMBINED for 1 catch and 4 yards. Oh, and the Pittsburgh defense managed to deliver -3 points against the vaunted Baltimore attack. I'm down 50 heading into the second leg next weekend.

I guess it's payback for last year, when I barely snuck into the last playoff spot and ran away with the trophy.

So I still hate fantasy football, but what a difference a week make.

I made up the entirety of the 50-point deficit on the strength of the backfield combo that got me this far - Melvin Gordon & Mark Ingram (thank you 50-yd garbage time TD!). It’s now down to a single matchup, as my opponent has Alfred Morris going tonight and I have Mike Evans tomorrow and a 2-pt lead. Evans has been terrible lately, so I’m not sure how to handicap my chances.

I can’t decide which would hurt worse, getting completely blown out or staging an epic comeback only to see it slip away again.

Last edited by Hammer755 : 12-17-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #39
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Have a 0.2 lead going into tomorrow night with Mike Evans. Which low risk possibility is more likely? Short catch and a fumble or a scoring correction? Can’t decide whether to just bench him as extra points are meaningless.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:53 PM   #40
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Have a 0.2 lead going into tomorrow night with Mike Evans. Which low risk possibility is more likely? Short catch and a fumble or a scoring correction? Can’t decide whether to just bench him as extra points are meaningless.

Did you call XM Fantasy channel with the exact same scenario today? I heard someone with that exact same scenario and the same concerns, that is so weird.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:11 AM   #41
TLK
Pro Starter

For any degenerates looking for a little postseason fantasy action:

Quote:
Buy-in- $50

Payment: LeagueSafe via majority approval

Payout: Depending on number of participants but most likely pay top 3. 100% payout.

Format: Pick a new lineup for every week of the playoffs. Scoring rules on the site)

-You can only use a player once throughout the playoffs.

-Scores add up over the four weeks and the highest score wins.

Starting Lineup Setup

Total Starters: 10

Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 1-3
Number of Starting WRs: 2-5
Number of Starting TEs: 1-3
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting Defs: 1

Hide starting lineups from all owners until: Kickoff of each individual player's game

LeagueSafe link: https://www.leaguesafe.com/league/3855647

MFL Link: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/70777#0

Last edited by TLK : 01-05-2018 at 12:14 AM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote