Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
SackAttack
Head Coach

Marvel Puzzle Quest alliances recruiting

The Cliffs Notes: the alliance dunkem and I joined some time ago is reorganizing. Having been a mix of casual and progression players previously (resulting in top 250 alliance finishes), we're adding a second alliance with the goal of having one alliance with that approximate mix still delivering the top 250 goods, and one alliance with progression PVE players to chase after top 100 status.

The top 250 alliance will require daily play, full push on boss events (e.g. the recent Thanos event) and membership on the alliance Discord server (in-game chat is balls). The competitive alliance adds "reach at minimum max progression in PvE" to those requirements. The plan is to promote from within when spots open up up top: a progression player in the T250 has priority over an outsider, so even if you start in the T250, there will be an opportunity to move up, if that's your goal.

I don't know how many FOFCers still play daily, but I figured I'd throw this out there. Dunkem can back me up on what a difference top 250 and full participation on boss events makes. The alliance we were recruited into has cleared round 8 on every boss event since we joined. It's good times.

If anybody has an interest, let me know; we're recruiting elsewhere also, but I wanted to give former T.R.O.U.T. compatriots a heads-up.

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
Swaggs
Coordinator

I壇 like in.

My roster is pretty strong.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #3
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I壇 like in.

My roster is pretty strong.

Sounds good. What's your in-game name? And which alliance are you interested in? The casual or the one aiming for T100?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I'd like in too
Old 04-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I'd like in too

Need the same info! In-game name for me to pass along, and whether you're down for the progression alliance or the casual one.

Both y'all, if you can also provide me with your existing alliance name, the other commanders can take a look and weigh in.

But for sure I need the in-game name and alliance preference.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:22 PM   #6
dunkem
Mascot

Yeah, the alliance Sack and I are in is awesome. Max alliance rewards for boss events is sweet and the alliance members are pretty cool. Besides, Sackattack telling us about how he's using his luck syphon to pull 5 star covers every other day, you get good hints and input on any questions you have regarding PVP, PVE, or even recent news regarding MPQ via Discord.

I'd highly recommend joining either the serious or casual alliances if you play MPQ regularly. Once we have a full team to fill both alliances, I'm thinking we're going to kick some major butt especially in the serious T100 alliance.

I just started my 4 star to 5 star transition by building my 5 star roster via Legendary tokens. The additional alliance rewards and covers from the alliance absolutely helped in accelerating my 4* roster covering. Even the heads up on 48 hour clear has saved me quite a few times.

Hope some of you join up with us.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #7
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I'm ntndeacon. I'm in S.Q.U.I.D.
I tend to be toward the top of the of the current alliance in thanos. But there wasn't but like 5 folks playing.
So I guess progression...but I'm good in the casual one. The weekend I tend to play less.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:28 PM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I'm ntndeacon. I'm in S.Q.U.I.D.
I tend to be toward the top of the of the current alliance in thanos. But there wasn't but like 5 folks playing.
So I guess progression...but I'm good in the casual one. The weekend I tend to play less.

Partly my fault on the inactivity. I started having serious problems getting fights to load on my alt account and as a result stopped enforcing daily play from others, heh.

My guess is we'll start you in the casual alliance; if you end up being a regular max progression contributor there and want to move up, we'll make it happen.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #9
dunkem
Mascot

In the boss events, I'm thinking the top 10 or 12 probably hit their max progression. We usually finish off the boss even with about a day and a half to spare. Before this reorganization, there may have been a few members who weren't as committed, but I guess that's where the casual alliance comes into play.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #10
SackAttack
Head Coach

We had 17 hit max progression on the Thanos boss event! Previously had been 14 max guys or so.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:23 PM   #11
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Sounds good. What's your in-game name? And which alliance are you interested in? The casual or the one aiming for T100?

Swaggs - I知 level 98 and on my 1360th day playing.

I知 in the AvalonAvengers right now. I致e bounced around some. I left SQUID to get in an alliance with my son, but his interest waxes and wanes.

I知 okay in either. I will play everyday, but there are days when I知 not clearing it. Probably play more if the teammates are active.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 PM   #12
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Swaggs - I知 level 98 and on my 1360th day playing.

I知 in the AvalonAvengers right now. I致e bounced around some. I left SQUID to get in an alliance with my son, but his interest waxes and wanes.

I知 okay in either. I will play everyday, but there are days when I知 not clearing it. Probably play more if the teammates are active.

yeah, both alliances are going to be active. The progression alliance will require max progression from regular events and full push on boss events. You don't have to push for placement in regular events, necessarily, but clearing each node minimum 5 times for progression, yeah.

The T250 'casual' alliance is going to be a mix, we suspect, of progression guys and 'daily play' guys. That should end up looking like what the alliance has been for us for the last several months.

Neither one is going to be half-active and half-dormant, I guarantee it. If you like, we can start you in the T250 and if you find that having an active alliance is pushing you to hit progression each event, you can move up.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:28 PM   #13
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
yeah, both alliances are going to be active. The progression alliance will require max progression from regular events and full push on boss events. You don't have to push for placement in regular events, necessarily, but clearing each node minimum 5 times for progression, yeah.

The T250 'casual' alliance is going to be a mix, we suspect, of progression guys and 'daily play' guys. That should end up looking like what the alliance has been for us for the last several months.

Neither one is going to be half-active and half-dormant, I guarantee it. If you like, we can start you in the T250 and if you find that having an active alliance is pushing you to hit progression each event, you can move up.

That値l work for me.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:30 PM   #14
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
That値l work for me.

Sounds good. It should be open for business in the next day or so. I'll PM you the link to our Discord server.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:34 PM   #15
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Let me know when I need to leave the current alliance to join the new one.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #16
SackAttack
Head Coach

It'll be soon! We got a shout-out on one of the MPQ podcasts today, and that appears to have driven interest, so I'd bet we're gonna be ready to roll sooner than we were anticipating, hehe. I'm currently betting on the next 24-48 hours for the new alliance to be open.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #17
dunkem
Mascot

It'll be great to have you guys, Swaggs and ntndeacon!
Old 04-26-2018, 12:18 AM   #18
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Cool! I tend to listen to a MPQ podcast tomorrow...I assume it's the same one, since they do it live Wednesday night.

Everyone needs more pie
Old 04-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #19
SackAttack
Head Coach

Sounds as though tomorrow may be the day. Watch the Discord, you two.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:11 AM   #20
SackAttack
Head Coach

In case anybody else is on the fence, the prior mix was still in play for Webbed Wonder; we finished comfortably inside the top 200.

That mix is what we ultimately envision for the "casual" alliance that's opening up in the next day or so: a low-pressure environment where some cats get max progression because that's what they do, and some cats play daily, but maybe not necessarily to quite that level, and top 250 happens.

Alliance rewards at that level, if you're at SCL8, end up being 2500 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points, and 40 Red Iso-8 for the event. Top 250 for each sub-event ends up being another 1250 Iso-8 and 3 elite tokens just about every day (occasional 48 hour sub-events mess with that). 2000 Iso-8 for daily activity from the alliance.

The "competitive" alliance is, as mentioned, structuring itself to chase after Top 100 placement. There's an increase in Iso-8 and Hero Point alliance rewards from that, of course, but it'd also mean additional character covers as alliance rewards.

Purely from a self-interest standpoint, compare that with what T.R.O.U.T. used to do (top 10k, the bottom tier); for those of you still playing who found a new home, how does that stack up with what you're currently getting from alliance rewards?

Above and beyond that, there are the intangible benefits dunkem mentioned upthread, and, hell, just the chance to somewhat put the band back together.

Think about it. Let me know. There's still spots available, but they are filling quickly.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #21
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I don't think I'm quite there yet. What's a typical roster makeup of a T250 alliance member?
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #22
AnalBumCover
College Starter

dola,

In my current Alliance, we usually fall in the top 1000, and on a good session may threaten to crack the top 500.

As for my own play, I do play daily, but am far from max progression, typically reaching 33350-35500 levels.

I've finally rostered all 3* with all but 6 championed. And have about 1/2 of the 4* rostered, with none championed.

I also play DD daily, and can easily beat the BB as long as I have the required 4* on my team.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #23
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I have zero 4 stars champed... And one that is close is the dreaded 5/1/5...That will be a pain in the back side to get up.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #24
Swaggs
Coordinator

I have all 3 stars champed (lowest is Angel at 175, highest is Dr. Strange at 253)

I have all 4 stars covered except for Black Panther, Jubilee, and Kraven and 23 of them championed with another two (Cloak and Dagger and Red Hulk) eligible when I get enough ISO. Captain Marvel is my high at level 283.

I have all the 5 stars covered except for the new Cap and Jessica Jones (finally got Hulk - Bruce Banner yesterday - one of the older 5 stars). No champs, but I stupidly leveled up Dr. Strange to 350.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #25
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
I don't think I'm quite there yet. What's a typical roster makeup of a T250 alliance member?

It runs the gamut. We had folks everywhere from people in the 3* transition to people like me with a healthy mix of 4* and 5* champions. You aren't gonna carry all the water for a top 250 with your roster, but that mix is typical of what we saw from our casual members, absolutely. You can contribute with daily play.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:58 AM   #26
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Cool. Count me in for the casual alliance if there's still room.

My in-game name: GizmoDogg
Current alliance: The Chindos

I just registered on Discord as GizmoDogg
Old 04-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #27
SackAttack
Head Coach

I'll PM you the link to our private Discord server.