Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2016, 09:58 PM   #1551
MrBug708
Head Coach

This one guy posted about his experience buying snails at walmart...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #1552
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
This one guy posted about his experience buying snails at walmart...

Whaaaa? No way.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #1553
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

There are less than a handful a handful of Cowboys fans that I actually like (duckman, Jeeber), but it's fans like this one below, that makes Cowboys fans so freaking annoying. Do we really need all those hashtags? Stop it already:

Quote:
Ready to watch my Boyz!!!! #DALvsPIT #CowboysNation #DC4L #ThrowUpTheX #FeedZeke #DakAttack #WeDemBoyz 🙅🏻🏈🍴⭐️💙

Quote:
The man got fed! #DALvsPIT Feed him some more.

Quote:
Can these refs call anymore penalties 😡#LetThemPlay

Quote:
8-1 #ThatsAll #CowboysNation #DC4L #DALvsPIT #WeDemBoyz #ThrowUpTheX 🙅🏻🏈💙⭐️

Quote:
Patriots lost so that means my Boyz hold the best record in the NFL.......ALONE.....that's right haters!!!! #WeDemBoyz #CowboysNation 🙅🏻💙⭐️🏈

Quote:
Just incase you didn't know, now you do!!!!!#CowboysNation #DC4L 🙅🏻🏈⭐️💙
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boys.jpg (82.8 KB, 633 views)
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #1554
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, that sounds like the Cowboys fans in the area here. They vanish until the team is doing well, then they get obnoxious like that.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #1555
Kodos
Resident Alien

Time to revive the Bill Gates Challenge...

Last edited by Kodos : 11-15-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #1556
MrBug708
Head Coach

If that's considered annoying you guys have pretty mellow fans
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:52 PM   #1557
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
If that's considered annoying you guys have pretty mellow fans

The difference is that the Cowboys fans here become trolls; or most of them that I know. I know a couple that are great people and I have a lot of fun going back and forth with them. The others get personal. The one that makes me laugh the most is one that is also a Phillies and Sixers fan yet he takes things to a very low level when talking football, this isn't just internet posts it's person to person. He had no answer when I pointed out that the same people he is calling idiots and morons are the people that he wants to celebrate with if the Phillies or Sixers do well; he had no answer for that.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:49 AM   #1558
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Time to revive the Bill Gates Challenge...

Yes, please! Chuck U. Farley!!!
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:55 AM   #1559
Kodos
Resident Alien

Old 11-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #1560
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
NATIONAL CALL TO ACTION: Oath Keepers to Protect Presidential Electors Being Threatened by Rouge Political Party.

When your call to action makes a funny.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #1561
SteveMax58
College Starter

Plotting from their base in Moulin, no doubt.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #1562
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I know two separate people on facebook now (one friend, one co-worker) who are on some fad "drink our expensive product everyday and lose weight and gain energy" program. And each of them are posting status updates about how they pop out of bed in the morning full of energy and ready to hit the day and are losing weight like never before and they can't believe how one simple change could make their lives so much better and, you know, if you want to know more about that then just send them a PM because they are totally willing to share.

To the credit of the people behind the program, these are pretty carefully crafted ads that really do function as status updates. You can tell that they are written by the poster, and they are mostly about how good they feel, with just a little hint of "hey, friends, you want to try this product, too?" I can see how it would be hard for facebook to police that. But I also think that if facebook does not police it, then facebook will become significantly worse.

Have others seen this cropping up? Is this a known thing now?

The new one over the last few weeks has been Rodan and Fields--a multilevel marketing skin care product company. Pretty much every post from every female from a branch of my family is selling this stuff. Not sure if it has swept the nation or just my cousins, but I'm pretty saturated with posts about sun damage at this point.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:44 AM   #1563
Easy Mac

My wife loves Rodan and Fields products, but I barred her from participating in trying to sell them. You have to buy like $800 products a month or something insane like that.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:07 PM   #1564
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not sure that I would say pathetic as much as WTF!?!?!?

THE PUPPY ARE MY NEBERORBER AND THERE ARE 11 OF THEM
Old 10-04-2017, 11:45 PM   #1565
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
THE PUPPY ARE MY NEBERORBER AND THERE ARE 11 OF THEM

It's true; Hawkeye really did disappoint the Avengers.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #1566
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A puzzling reply by the same person as above, to their post above...

"Fix your answering machine I called but you say were the stop button and there's no bib"
Old 11-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #1567
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

If you thought a feel-good post about a Congressional Medal Of Honor winner who later taught Junior High shop class would be drama-free on FB, you'd be wrong.

I tagged a bunch of people who went to the same Jr. High in the post to make them aware of the backstory on Col. Nett. Things were fine until a few minutes ago, when I had to delete a rude and crude post from someone who evidently hates one of the people I tagged. It was something along the lines of "{name of person} you a fake ass retarded bitch," and then got ugly from there. After I deleted it, the perp then felt the need to send me an IM, reading as follows:

Quote:
{name of person} retradet, and your stupid ass need to get her off your friend list.
She a fake ass bitch
I don't recall ever having a conversation with this person, and they've never been on my friend list, but I do recognize the name as someone from my neighborhood who is around my age, and I'm trying to imagine the kind of pathetic life you live if you're damn near 50 years old and harassing a childhood enemy's FB friends.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #1568
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

One of the best things I ever did was stop participating on Facebook. I haven't been on my FB timeline in a couple of years. I didn't completely delete it because there are a couple of people I occasionally message with who I don't have cell phone numbers for.

The only thing I miss is the music updates, so I recently created a fake account and follow only bands and artist fan groups. I've basically turned FB into a MySpace timeline.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #1569
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

someone on FB today posted an "article" about a restaurant in Japan that has started serving human flesh. That she believed it was amazing. The racist rant about how the Japanese will eat anything and it's bad enough that they eat dogs but now they are all sick fucks was...eye rolling on so many levels. Thankfully, it appears someone clued her in and it's now gone.

in related news, that story will no doubt make it to president Pumpkinhead at some point, so we'll soon be going to war with Japan.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:31 PM   #1570
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yet the possum pizza epidemic goes unchecked...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #1571
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I see far too much of the "like & share to enter" phony contest spam but one tonight kinda took the cake.

Claim was the giveaway of about a $50k car ... by a Page that has less than 200 followers & no other content.

I'm disturbed that I actually know someone stupid enough to fall for that one.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #1572
cuervo72
Head Coach

Probably mentioned it before, but again with the "who was your first/third grade teacher?" or "what was your first car?" questions. Yes, I always jump to give out answers to popular security questions to strangers.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #1573
digamma
Torchbearer

This isn't really a Facebook post, but it is kind of a status update, so I'm posting it here. For our 20th college reunion, we get a book with all grads. You're allowed to submit an update on where you are in life, plus personal and professional contact info, etc. Mine is my typical one sentence try to be witty but probably not blurb. Others write longer. Others share this:

"In May I'll launch [redacted book title], a memoir of my post-college quest for a mate in a cult that forbade monogamy. I found the cult--Zendik Farm--while exploring the back to the land communal experiments on a Gardner Fellowship in 1999. In 2004, I was exiled from the cult. In 2005, more than a year after my exile, I realized Zendik wasn't starting a resolution or ending ecocide. In 2006, I began composting the stinky guck of my Zendik experience through writing--and kept turning the pile until all of it was fertile, fragrant soil. For the latter part of 2018, I am planning a slow book tour (no airplanes!). Please visit my website for event listings and if you are moved by the spirit, get in touch! In ordinary time I reside in a small town in New York with my husband Gregg. We combined our last names to make one new one together. I make regular pilgrimages to Brooklyn, and spend extended periods of time at Earhaven Ecovillage, a (non-cult!) community in North Carolina, where I get to practice the supreme form of alchemy: turning human poop into humanure."
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #1574
tarcone
Coordinator

Oh my. I can only imagine her in HS.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #1575
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oh geez that's insane. Several levels beyond a standard overshare

Last edited by stevew : 05-11-2018 at 06:47 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:09 AM   #1576
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Oh geez that's insane.

Seriously. I mean, who combines their two last names to make a new one??
Old 05-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #1577
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm kinda surprised people making up surnames is not more of a thing tbh. So many people are bastards at this point anyways. Seems like 10% of sports guys are now using some hyphenated name too.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #1578
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Seriously. I mean, who combines their two last names to make a new one??

Ever watch Portlandia?
Old 05-11-2018, 07:38 AM   #1579
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I make regular pilgrimages to Brooklyn, and spend extended periods of time at Earhaven Ecovillage, a (non-cult!) community in North Carolina, where I get to practice the supreme form of alchemy: turning human poop into humanure."

Isn't this the ultimate goal of politics in general?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #1580
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I got up this morning at approximately 7:45am, as I do every Sunday. No not because I go to church or any of that fairytale nonsense. I am a mystic, and as a mystic we have a natural ability to wake up early. But that isn't what's important right now. That is a story for a different time. Today we're here to discuss the tragedy that is Panera Bread.

Not facebook, but Yelp, which makes it even funnier:

Panera Bread - 14 Photos & 31 Reviews - Sandwiches - 2230 Nicholasville Rd, Lexington, KY - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Yelp
Old 05-26-2018, 12:27 PM   #1581
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Got my new IPhone. Now to get acclimated to it. Prayers appreciated.

Just posted by my mom. It is exactly what I'd expect my mom to say.

Last edited by Drake : 05-26-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #1582
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not sure if this belongs in here or the Trump thread.

My wifes uncle recently created a facebook account and if you didn't know him you would think he was a bot. Typical 70ish Trump supporter. Loves 'Merica, is a vet, always reposts memes from extreme right wing sites, takes everything as gospel except the fake news, and is racist as fuck, taking every opportunity to repost negative things about brown or black people, usually in meme form. He is also the most hardheaded fuck I have ever met, so no chance of a normal discussion with him.

I have come close to taking him to task a number of times, but in order to keep my wife happy I don't.

This morning he posts back to back memes. One says "96% will ignore such a simple question, do you love God? Share if you do"

Immediately followed by "If you drag your babies across a dangerous desert to illegally cross the US border you will be arrested, detained, and separated from your children. Don't like it? Don't come here."

I am having a really hard time not showing him the hypocrisy of his two posts.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #1583
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I have an 80-year old uncle in the same vain, minus the completely overt racism. He's pro Trump and anti liberal in any way he can possibly fathom. He just posted a meme with this quote:
Quote:
"Stop calling them immigrants... Call them what they are.. INVADERS!"
He then has posts saying Trump should get the Nobel Peace prize, questioning why the US provides any form of financial aid to other countries with our debt and this final gem providing a perfect marriage of the religious right/anti-immigration:
Quote:
Since Roe v. Wade, we've separated 62 million children from their parents.

Spare me the faux outrage.

Still, he occasionally finds a way to earn back some street cred. The unintentional comedy of an 80-year old sharing this is phenomenal:

Is he just embracing the dirty old man moniker or does he really think people want to ban bikini's? If so, wouldn't it be the wives of his 80-year old crotchety religious right wing buddies leading the charge?! Needless to say, I've un-followed his feed - but I do miss the laughs some days.

Last edited by Arles : 06-20-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #1584
Kodos
Resident Alien

Don't you know that God hates Mexicans?
Old 06-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #1585
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Is he just embracing the dirty old man moniker or does he really think people want to ban bikini's? If so, wouldn't it be the wives of his 80-year old crotchety religious right wing buddies leading the charge?!

That reminds me of when I told my mom's uncle that I visited Cannes/Nice on a trip to France. He said the he wished he had known beforehand I was going. He took his R&R there during the war, and could have told me about some beaches where the girls were so poor that they couldn't afford swimsuits. I told him that I did go to those beaches as well, but there was a problem. The same girls that he saw were still going there when I went.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:10 PM   #1586
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well nothing is pathetic as suddenly Facebook has gone down and everybody's run over to Twitter to talk about it is?
Old 09-03-2018, 04:17 PM   #1587
Thomkal
Head Coach

Instagram also down and went at the same time...mystery deepens. If this is the end, just want to say that I love you all
Old 09-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #1588
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well nothing is pathetic as suddenly Facebook has gone down and everybody's run over to Twitter to talk about it is?

I decide to take ONE day off from FB (having seen the stupid "25 friends" copy & paste spam one time too many) ...
Old 09-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #1589
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Should be some well measured responses to the new Kaep deal with nik e
Old 09-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #1590
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Should be some well measured responses to the new Kaep deal with nik e

So you don't feel like you're missing anything, I'd post video of symbolic burning of Nike gear but, turned out, I don't own any.

Nike can burn in the same hell that demonic spawn came from. And that's the measured version.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #1591
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I decide to take ONE day off from FB (having seen the stupid "25 friends" copy & paste spam one time too many) ...

Yes I hate those, and the "I Bet no one will copy and paste this version"
Old 09-04-2018, 03:12 AM   #1592
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you don't feel like you're missing anything, I'd post video of symbolic burning of Nike gear but, turned out, I don't own any.

Nike can burn in the same hell that demonic spawn came from. And that's the measured version.

I mainly buy adidas these days cause boost is fkn awesome and the best cushioning setup.

Nike fd itself on this. People who don't care/support Kaep buy Nikes, people who do strongly care won't buy Nikes again. I bet they drop 10% or something.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:11 AM   #1593
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I mainly buy adidas these days cause boost is fkn awesome and the best cushioning setup.

Nike fd itself on this. People who don't care/support Kaep buy Nikes, people who do strongly care won't buy Nikes again. I bet they drop 10% or something.

Actually, I think that Splinter (Gawker Media) had a very good rebuttal to this mindset the other day. Nike is a global brand where freedom and standing by your convictions goes all the way around the world. They don't give 2 fucks what this American football player does, or what he does during the American national anthem. The brand globally is much bigger than some countries national GDP's. Whatever impact it has here will be muted worldwide.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:25 AM   #1594
AlexB
Pro Starter

#MAGA #JustBurnIt

I think Kaep’s point has just been proved.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #1595
AlexB
Pro Starter

The other analogy I see is books in Germany in the 1930’s, trainers in the US this time, albeit the book burning was government organised.

Both show the state of brainwashing and madness of the vocal boorish supporters of the government though, and in conjunction with attempted oppression of the press, elevation of members of the ruling party to being above the law, control of the courts, demonisation of minority sections of society, etc, the similes are so strong...

Surely you guys will wake up soon?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:53 AM   #1596
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Do you honestly think Nike didn't conduct massive amounts of market research before rolling this out?

The mouth breathers screaming about this are about as far from their target audience as you can get. Those people shop at pay less and Walmart and will make zero difference in the bottom line.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #1597
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

JiMGa, proving Nike's point.

Last edited by Butter : 09-04-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #1598
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
The other analogy I see is books in Germany in the 1930’s, trainers in the US this time, albeit the book burning was government organised.

Both show the state of brainwashing and madness of the vocal boorish supporters of the government though, and in conjunction with attempted oppression of the press, elevation of members of the ruling party to being above the law, control of the courts, demonisation of minority sections of society, etc, the similes are so strong...

Surely you guys will wake up soon?

Hopefully in early November.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #1599
kingfc22
Head Coach

The butthurt on this is amazing.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #1600
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Do you honestly think Nike didn't conduct massive amounts of market research before rolling this out?

That's my take on it. I would have figured this was a bad move, but I trust the people at Nike who get paid to figure this stuff out.