Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2020, 10:43 AM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Windows 10 network question

Can't seem to find a solution that works online so I am turning to the collective FOFC.

I have an HP Pavilion running windows 10. It is telling me "no internet, secured" under my networks, and in the system tray there is the little globe instead of the wireless signal.

I can connect to the internet, play games, do pretty much everything with the exception of anything MS related. I discovered this recently when I tried to install office and kept getting a message saying not connected to internet.

I have tried resetting the network settings, and uninstalling McAfee, neither worked. Have also tried some other stuff I found online.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

So that's what that is...

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I guess I suffer from the same thing from time to time. I just never knew what it was because I hardly use any MS products besides Windows itself.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Can't seem to find a solution that works online so I am turning to the collective FOFC.

I have an HP Pavilion running windows 10. It is telling me "no internet, secured" under my networks, and in the system tray there is the little globe instead of the wireless signal.

I can connect to the internet, play games, do pretty much everything with the exception of anything MS related. I discovered this recently when I tried to install office and kept getting a message saying not connected to internet.

I have tried resetting the network settings, and uninstalling McAfee, neither worked. Have also tried some other stuff I found online.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe go through this thread and see if there's one of several fixes / workarounds that you haven't tried? Who knows, maybe the one you didn't try is THE one? (that'd be my luck if it was me)

Windows 10 wifi error "No internet, secured" solved - Microsoft Community
Old 07-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

might be related to this bug...

Oh great, now Windows 10 is breaking the internet on some PCs | PC Gamer
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post