Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #30101
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
This is Mitch McConnel

No concerns here

There's so many things it could be and pretty much all are negative: COVID hands? Health issues that he doesn't want to reveal this close to the election? Just finished burying the homeless man he ran over? Ligature marks from his strangling of Democracy? Vampirically draining life from other humans to stay alive?

There are so many believable options here.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-23-2020 at 10:53 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:11 AM   #30102
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Last poll I saw, it was 51-42 McConnell. No way he loses in a state Trump is going to easily win.

Trump won KY in 2016 by 30 points; he's "only" up 17 right now. McConnell was re-elected by 16 points in 2014, so winning by about 10 now makes sense.

She's the top ten prospect that just never quite put it all together. Her first ads were great, she has a ton of money, has a good bio, but she just isn't that good on the trail and never quite found the message that would appeal to all the Breshear voters.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:32 AM   #30103
cuervo72
Head Coach

Blackface is hard to wash off.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #30104
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Serious answer is probably just that he has a worse case of the hand problems a lot of older politicians get from shaking hands a bazillion times while campaigning combined with some underlying health issue.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #30105
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Ksyrup, you wanna drive up here this weekend for the another "GREAT TRUMP CIRCLE JERK 2020" around 275?

We had one here in Lexington around New Circle/4 a couple of weeks ago. I stayed put in Versailles.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:31 PM   #30106
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
There's so many things it could be and pretty much all are negative: COVID hands? Health issues that he doesn't want to reveal this close to the election? Just finished burying the homeless man he ran over? Ligature marks from his strangling of Democracy? Vampirically draining life from other humans to stay alive?

There are so many believable options here.

SI

self tattoos and strip club stains?
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:36 PM   #30107
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
"I mean, why would you even do a second term as President, right? Why would you want that? I never even wanted that. Everyone told me, sir, you need to run the country needs you. And I said, why would I do that? That makes no sense. Let Pence do it. No sense. And they said that you're our only hope. You're the only one who can stop the deep state. And I said OK. OK. I'll run again, but this doesn't make sense. And then I won, but they stole the election, but we won't even get into that. They stole it, just like they tried to steal the other one. But that's OK. I'm OK. I wasn't even trying to win, and I won anyway. I won Texas. I won Pennsylvania. I even won California. You know that? They did studies, everyone knows that. I won California. 'Oh a Republican can never win California.' But I did. I did and they all know that, but they stole it from me. But that's OK. That's OK.

"And you look at all the money I'm making now. And why would you even want a second term. Obama took a second term. Bush took a second term. And they lost millions. They are running out of money. They have no money. No one talks about that, but they have no money because they decided to do a second term. And I decided not to do a second term and make some money. Because I think I earned it right? I gave up millions. Hundreds of millions to be President. And that's OK. But now I can make money. I'm good with money. I'm great with money. And that's what I do now, and that's OK. And that's why I didn't run for a second term."
What has Oklahoma done to Trump to blame it all on them that he's the president now?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #30108
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
self tattoos and strip club stains?

Maybe his dominatrix went too far with the wrist restraints.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #30109
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
This is Mitch McConnel

No concerns here

Me and wife's theory: the ghost of RBG pushed him down a flight of stairs.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #30110
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe his dominatrix went too far with the wrist restraints.

I did want to put some BDSM option in my original post but couldn't come up with the wording for a good enough joke (even by my low standards for my jokes)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-23-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #30111
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The most reasonable explanation I've heard was excessive bruising due to blood thinners.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #30112
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
The most reasonable explanation I've heard was excessive bruising due to blood thinners.

Or the drifter killing thing

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-23-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:31 PM   #30113
Ksyrup

The Florida Rep who tweeted about his wife's "premonition" ... these people are truly screwed in the head. Either way you look at it, whether it's true or whether it's being done jjust to scare people. What a bunch of raving lunatics. The fact that these people feel comfortable saying something like that out loud says a lot about their constituents.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-23-2020, 03:42 PM   #30114
Atocep
Coordinator

Someone in the White House thought it was a good idea to just go with "the parents don't want the kids back" to explain the ~550 kids they can't reunite with their parents?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:45 PM   #30115
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump 2nd Term:

MARS BITCHES!
Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM   #30116
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
The Florida Rep who tweeted about his wife's "premonition" ... these people are truly screwed in the head. Either way you look at it, whether it's true or whether it's being done jjust to scare people. What a bunch of raving lunatics. The fact that these people feel comfortable saying something like that out loud says a lot about their constituents.

For the group that never shuts up about snowflakes, they seem terrified of everything.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:47 PM   #30117
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

McConnell rushing through confirming a SCOTUS Justice hours before he dies of Stage 10 Leukemia would be pretty on brand.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:47 PM   #30118
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
This is how it can end without a quasi-civil war, right? He claims that the vote was rigged and he really won. But he leaves, not because he lost, but because he's smart and he can make more money with Trump TV. He leaves on his terms.

I don't see any "civil war". Most people have it good here and aren't putting their lives on the line for some dumb culture war. Wealthy people still call the shots and they won't allow any disruption to business.

You'll have your domestic terrorists and we're seeing that ramp up. But that's been a right-wing thing for decades now and just something the country has to deal with.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:06 AM   #30119
Edward64
Head Coach

Good news about Sudan and Israel.

Don't know what the internal politicking going on inside SA, but have to believe SA will, sooner or later, also "normalize" relationships which would be great news. If I was SA, I'd probably wait till after Jan and leverage the decision with whoever the next president is. Wonder if it's Kushner or Pompeo driving this.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:09 AM   #30120
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
So McConnell is a wight?

Com'on, do you believe in the kid's fairy tales?

It's pretty obvious he's been bitten and slowing transforming into a zombie.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:50 AM   #30121
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Good news about Sudan and Israel.

Don't know what the internal politicking going on inside SA, but have to believe SA will, sooner or later, also "normalize" relationships which would be great news. If I was SA, I'd probably wait till after Jan and leverage the decision with whoever the next president is. Wonder if it's Kushner or Pompeo driving this.

Who knows. The Sudanese PM said the deal would have to be approved by the transitional parliament, but they've been trying to form a transitional parliament for over a year without it getting done.

Makes me wonder what the Sudanese got in exchange for this announcement.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:51 AM   #30122
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
A proposal announced by President Trump last month was to send older Americans $200 discount cards to offset prescription costs. It’s not going to happen before the election, and maybe not ever.

Everything's a con.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #30123
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Com'on, do you believe in the kid's fairy tales?

It's pretty obvious he's been bitten and slowing transforming into a zombie.

Actually I thought it was the start of....you know....when old married couples start to look like one another.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #30124
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Who knows. The Sudanese PM said the deal would have to be approved by the transitional parliament, but they've been trying to form a transitional parliament for over a year without it getting done.

Makes me wonder what the Sudanese got in exchange for this announcement.

Got removed from the state sponsors terrorism list. But yeah, think there was probably some additional stuff.

For SA ...

"Hey by 20xx we won't need your heavy crude as much anymore and we can bail from the ME. If you want us to stay around to help out with Iran (and Yemen ), sign here"
Old 10-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #30125
Ksyrup

Quote:
Ksyrup, you wanna drive up here this weekend for the another "GREAT TRUMP CIRCLE JERK 2020" around 275?

My kids are currently stuck in traffic on 275 thanks to these imbeciles.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #30126
JPhillips
General Manager

It was reported that MBS said he'd be killed if he signed a deal with Israel.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #30127
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Trump is going to be really really pissed if he ever hears half of what happens in Borat 2
Old 10-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #30128
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So McConnell is a wight?

He's a Wight Supremacist.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:46 PM   #30129
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Is McConnell going to be all wight?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #30130
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Is McConnell going to be all wight?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm just tired of all his wightsplaining.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:54 PM   #30131
BYU 14
Coordinator

He should get those hands wight washed
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:05 AM   #30132
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
It was reported that MBS said he'd be killed if he signed a deal with Israel.

Googled and found a couple articles on this. There is definite risks to MBS but this just a convenient excuse IMO.

There's no doubt he is a Jekyll (opening up SA, women's rights, reigning in religious police, modernization etc.) & Hyde (murdering SOB). BTW - I know some here criticize him for Yemen but I lean towards thinking it's one that SA needs to win.

He is effectively a benevolent dictator for life. He's had several years to consolidate his power (e.g. the imprisoning of all those relatives and rich billionaires). If there is one person that can do it, it's him. Definitely risks to him but Iran is the real & present danger, and my guess is Iran can roll over SA without US support.

Somewhat related to our oil dependency, it was reported the Venezuela opposition leader left the country. I really don't get why we did not impact change there at the height of the crisis. Strong and friendly relationship with Venezuela will have helped us significantly in this transitionary time to oil independence (hurry up Elon Musk and like).

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-25-2020 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:55 AM   #30133
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
“Sudanese parties have rejected the govt’s decision to normalise relations w/Israel, with officials saying they will form an opposition front...’#Sudan’s transitional govt is not elected & therefore not authorised to normalise relations w/#Israel.’”

Everything's a con.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #30134
JPhillips
General Manager

We quit.

Quote:
We are not going to get control of the pandemic. -Mark Meadows
Old 10-25-2020, 09:02 AM   #30135
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
We quit.

Yup.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #30136
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Can y'all do me a favor?

Next time a major political party/movement runs on the platform that government is not capable of solving problems, could y'all do me a solid and not vote to put them in charge of the government?

Prophesies have a way of fulfilling themselves.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 10-25-2020 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #30137
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Incredibly stupid thing to say a week before Election Day...
Old 10-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #30138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Yeah. Biden needs to make this a commercial today and blast it all over Sunday night football and MNF.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #30139
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Meadows' claim to fame was as chair of the Freedom Caucus. He seems more comfortable in the opposition than in charge.

I wonder if he, personally, has decided that shit's gonna be real bad for the next 5 or so years (a pretty reasonable prediction), and it is better for the GOP to lose bigly in 2020 so it can blame the Dems for everything and come back in 2024/2028.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:33 AM   #30140
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

Reagan dressing Mondale in a gimp costume and parading him around the country in 1984 was a mere 10 years after Nixon resigning.

People have short memories. Even shorter now than they did in the 70s/80s

If the GOP plans this right, they can easily come back stronger than ever much sooner than you would think.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:34 AM   #30141
PilotMan
Head Coach

That thought has occurred to me as well. Obama was punished in 12 for the increase in spending and deficit in 08 that he inherited. Any D is going to be punished for the fallout from the absolute destruction of any sort of fiscal responsibility by trump. The trillion dollar tax cut, followed by a complete clusterfuck of decision making (or lack thereof) will resonate for well over the next 4 years.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #30142
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can y'all do me a favor?

Next time a major political party/movement runs on the platform that government is not capable of solving problems, could y'all do me a solid and not vote to put them in charge of the government?

Prophesies have a way of fulfilling themselves.

It's all the GOP has done for a generation. Yet people keep electing them. They keep talking about how government doesn't work and is the problem - not in the sense of "we have a better way" but in the "so we'll destroy it" way. And people are surprised when they ineptly run it.

SI

Old 10-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #30143
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Meadows' claim to fame was as chair of the Freedom Caucus. He seems more comfortable in the opposition than in charge.

I wonder if he, personally, has decided that shit's gonna be real bad for the next 5 or so years (a pretty reasonable prediction), and it is better for the GOP to lose bigly in 2020 so it can blame the Dems for everything and come back in 2024/2028.

Quote:
dola:

Reagan dressing Mondale in a gimp costume and parading him around the country in 1984 was a mere 10 years after Nixon resigning.

People have short memories. Even shorter now than they did in the 70s/80s

If the GOP plans this right, they can easily come back stronger than ever much sooner than you would think.

Fair point. Tanking may be their best strategy.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #30144
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

This would be a particularly bad year for the GOP to get blown out though with redistricting coming. No more tilted board to play on. Or a board tilting against them.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:10 AM   #30145
Ksyrup

This isn't any different than what they've been saying for months. Trump keeps up with his "turning the corner" crap as we breaking records on the daily for positive tests. They're saying these things for the folks who believe the test results are corrupt. I just saw 1 on FB "explaining" how 1 test result can be reported 3-4 times by different counties, suggesting results are being purposely inflated.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:33 AM   #30146
Ksyrup

One year ago today, so this isn't some sort of Covid, hindsight "the election is a week away" candidate-speak.

Old 10-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #30147
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nothing says American greatness more than "WE QUIT"
Old 10-25-2020, 10:52 AM   #30148
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
That thought has occurred to me as well. Obama was punished in 12 for the increase in spending and deficit in 08 that he inherited. Any D is going to be punished for the fallout from the absolute destruction of any sort of fiscal responsibility by trump. The trillion dollar tax cut, followed by a complete clusterfuck of decision making (or lack thereof) will resonate for well over the next 4 years.

That's why Dems have to restore majority rule. They can't let Mitch sabotage the country by blocking any relief legislation.

Yes to the above point that 2020 is important because it's a redistricting year. The problem s the GOP is going to ratfuck the census and reapportionment.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:00 PM   #30149
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

I always feel compelled to add that Mark Meadows lied about having a bachelor's degree for years & was born in France.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:21 PM   #30150
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
One year ago today, so this isn't some sort of Covid, hindsight "the election is a week away" candidate-speak.

I can already hear Tucker Carlson speculating how Biden knew about the pandemic in October
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote