Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2003, 05:06 PM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

Nolan Richardson III Accepts Job With Cookeville PD

Found this at another board

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nolan Richardson III Accepts Job With Cookeville PD

Nolan Richardson III, fired from his position as Tennessee State University men's basketball coach after threatening an assistant coach with a gun, has landed on his feet as a consultant with the Cookeville Police Department.

"We just can't believe our good luck at having Nolan available to come work for us," Cookeville police Chief Bob Terry gushed at a news conference to announce the appointment. "This is a guy who has experience leading a basketball team into hostile gymnasiums, and we think he can teach us a thing or two about clear thinking under pressure."

The chief said Richardson's immediate assignment will be to study and implement a new firearm policy for the department, which has received negative national and even international publicity following the incident Jan. 1, when a family of tourists from North Carolina were wrongfully stopped and their dog killed by a Cookeville police officer.

"I am happy to report that it has been literally days since one of our officers has blown a family pet to kingdom come during a pointless vehicle stop, and that's a foundation that I want us to build on," Terry said.

Richardson admitted that his background as a basketball coach is a nontraditional career path for police work, but said there were more similarities than might first seem obvious.

"Knowing when to shoot and not to shoot is what I always taught my players, and that's what I'm going to be teaching here," said Richardson, who was fired in early January after retrieving a gun from his car and carrying it into TSU's Gentry Center on Christmas night following a rancorous dispute with assistant coach Hosea Lewis.

"That wasn't the smartest thing I ever did, but the bottom line is I didn't pull the trigger," Richardson said. "Of course, even if I had, it wouldn't have gotten nearly the publicity that dog got."

(The Fabricator is satire. Don't believe everything you read.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nashville Scene.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 01-24-2003 at 05:07 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:49 PM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while. But the truth is that dog incident was really sad. [/senstive side]

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 01-24-2003 at 06:50 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 10:36 AM   #3
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Now this is Funny!!