Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2003, 01:24 AM   #1
SaintAnselm
n00b

OT--Irish Rock Anyone?

This is one of my first posts so I know I lack credibility but you guys should trust me on this. I love music of all kinds but I must say my favorite is Celtic Rock. I know that may sounds sort of odd and I thought so at first too. Then a band called Seven Nations came to our school and the blew me away. They were made up of a drummer, bassist, fiddler, bag pipe player and their head man plays the guitar and is their songwriter. I never would imagine how good bagpipes sounds when intertwined with electric guitar. Seven Nations is flat out my favorite band. Kurt, the head man, is one amazing song writer. If you don't believe me, head over to their site, HERE . They have a few songs over at MP3.com and their site links you right to them.
Now, since first hearing Seven Nations I have been hooked on Celtic Rock. Surprisingly enough, there a countless other high quality bands out there who play music similar to Seven Nations. I will link you to a few of them below. Many of them also have some of their songs available at MP3.com.
I apologize if this sounds like an advertisement but you guys have turned me on the some things so I thought I might try to give you guys a little something. Anyway, here's the list, let me know what you think.

Saw Doctors
Celtic Soul
Great Big Sea Hair of the Dog
The Prodigals
Captain Tractor

That's about it for now. Each band listed above has their own style ranging from the more relaxing like Celtic Soul to the more rock oriented like The Prodigals. What I love about Celtic Rock is that all these bands are made to play live in front of a mess of Irishmen drinking Guiness. So if you like any of these guys and you ever have the chance, see them live.

SaintAnselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 12:19 PM   #2
McSweeny
College Starter

ok man, if you're into celtic rock you have to have several Pogues cds(www.pogues.com)

and you can't forget shane macgowan's solo stuff after he left the pogues (www.shanemacgowan.com)

the dropkick murphys are incredible if you're into more of a celtic/punk sound (www.dropkickmurphys.com)

one of my favorite live bands is Flogging Molly (www.floggingmolly.com), they will blow you away if you ever see them live. just hearing one of their cds on the stereo makes me want to get up and start dancing

the Tossers(www.thickrecords.com) are pretty sweet too, they use a lot more madolin than the others do, but they still rock pretty damn hard.

those are all must haves for any celtic music fan, go buy them now!
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 12:22 PM   #3
Patman
n00b

I agree with McSweeny, Flogging Molly is one of the best live bands I have ever seen. Their show has an incredible amount of energy, and it's just incredible. I highly recommend people to go see them.
Dying peace in me and you
Locked in a place where no one goes.
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote