Wow.
I'll even say it backwards. Wow.

That looks GREAT Fido!

--Ben

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:15 PM   #52
Havok
College Starter

thanx everyone for your help.... i'm starting to get better and better at drafting now. Just taking my time a little more and giving some guys more playing time to develop.

Now all i want in FOF is for guys not to request rediculous contracts ALL THE TIME.....even guys with high loyalty request the most outrageous contracts half the time. Then this game would be perfect!

Last edited by Havok : 01-06-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:34 PM   #53
Troll
H.S. Freshman Team

about the high contracts, i have noticed that some people request outrageous contracts, i had to sign my 2 time league MVP(he won it in his second and third year and then held out before the final year of his rookie contract) QB to a 4 year 110 million dollar contract. I was hoping that he would atleast finish out his rookie contract without holding out so I could franchise him for the rest of his career. After signing that contract I had to release some people, including my WR coming off a 1700 yard season, my aging DT coming off a disappointing year, one of my starting Gaurds, and a cornerback. He responds by throwing for over 4000 yards and 31 tds, running for 450 yards and 6 tds and winning the league MVP, Offensive player of the year, All-Pro 1st team QB, League Championship MVP, and most importanly a super bowl ring. After the season he agrees to restructure his contract to a 6 year 59 million dollar deal. If u give the guys the contract sometimes they will renegotitate a year or so later at a fair price.
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:52 PM   #54
RedKingGold
College Starter

Fido,

Damn you! I have no desire for TPF anymore! You are taking their best attributes and placing them in FOF2K4.

Please mutate with Jim to form the best football game ever!!!!!

J/K
Excellent, Excellent, beyond words great work
Mike

Yes, I am a fanboy
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #55
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Here is a little looksie at what my drafts have been like...

Draft History
1 (15) QB Broderick Ellard- Started for 8 seasons in Seattle. Brought home two Super Bowl rings before I traded him off to Buffalo where he spent two years being injured. 24,391 yards, 154 td, 89int, 88.3 QB Rating.
2 (47) RG Randal Moreno- 2 years backup and 7 years starting in Seattle. Missed almost two and a half seasons because of injuries before he retired.
3 (79) RCB Jackie Fulton- 6 seasons, 3 teams. Only started 5 games.
3 (89) FB Corwin Herndon- 11 seasons in Seattle, 7 as a starter. Still leads the team in career receptions in 2022.
5 (143) SLB Herman Hamilton- 8 seasons in the NFL, 3 with Seattle. Started one year in 2012 with the Titans. 172 career tackles, 2.5 sacks and 4 interceptions. Started a grand total of 17 NFL games.
6 (175) LT Kim Dreisbach- 1 and out.
7 (207) LDE Roman Behrendt- 2 and out. Started all 22 games he played in during that time. He was truly a late round boom, before a knee injury sidelined him permanently.

1 (31) SILB Matt Wolf- 12 seasons, 4 with Seattle. 66 career starts, 433 tackles, 8 sacks and 6 interceptions. I thought he would turn out special, but he never progressed the way I would have liked.
2 (63) LDE Max Kerr- He played 5 season, 4 with Seattle and one with Tennessee. Kerr started only 6 games in his career. He was a pretty big disappointment.
3 (95) SE Phil Matthews- He spent two seasons in Seattle before being released and retiring.
4 (127) CB Trent Philyaw- Three and out.
6 (191) LT Preston Upshaw- 2 and out.
7 (223) DE Skip Goodwin- Skip stayed in Seattle for 5 seasons before being released. He never started a game.

1 (19) LT Jerry Blackwell- Jerry was injury prone from day one. He started 13 games his rookie season before going down with a knee injury. He attempted a comeback the next season, but only lasted three games. From there his career was over.
2 (47) SE Bart Kruk- Kruk played 8 professional season with 4 teams. His best season was just 276 yards and two touchdowns.
3 (83) MLB Antoine Argueta- Antoine played 8 seasons as well. He mainly played the backup role, but managed 26 starts throughout his career. He never made a sack or an interception throughout his time in the NFL.
4 (115) QB Luther Goodwin- He played 3 seasons with two teams. Goodwin only had one start in just 8 NFL games. His QB rating was just 63.
5 (147) C Sammie Whitmore- He played 7 seasons with 4 different teams. He was a starter three of those seasons and was able to earn 39 key run blocks in one season.
6 (179) RG Joseph Chandler- Joseph started 15 games in two seasons with Seattle, but was cut after and was never to play again.
7 (211) DT Chuck Tounge- Chuck played 15 seasons in the NFL. Luckily he spent 13 with Seattle where he started for 10. He amassed 529 career tackles and 74.5 sacks. His sack total is still a record for Seattle.

1 (22) CB Wayne Dobbins- Wayne played 14 seasons in Seattle. He was a great starter all the way up to 2017 where injuries started taking their toll on the old man. He owns the Seattle record with 50 career interceptions.
2 (54) FS Neal Jamison- Neal played in the NFL for 13 years, 10 with Seattle. He was a starter for 9 years of his career. In the end he had 631 tackles and 18 interceptions.
3 (86) RT Morris Ward- 3 years and out. Only had 2 starts.
4 (118) TE Rodney DeVault- Rodney played 12 seasons, 7 with Seattle. He was a full time starter in just 4 of those seasons, but he managed 3,163 yards in his career.
5 (150) FB Brad McIntyre- 3 and out.
6 (182) P Henry Aucoin- He is currently in his 16th year with Seattle. He has proven to be one of the games greatest punters.
7 (214) QB Michael Lockett- 2 and out.

1 (11) MLB Deron Halvorson- Deron played 12 seasons in the NFL, 9 with Seattle. He earned 867 tackles, 37.5 sacks, and 7 interceptions throughout his career. He was the most dominant MLB in the game for nearly 5 years at one point. Injuries slowed him down in the middle of his career. He never played a full season after 2012.
2 (43) LT Tommie Wilcox- 4 and out. Never started a game.
3 (75) MLB Earl Reese- Played in Seattle from 2008 to 2012, but was on the inactive list most of the time. He never earned a career start behind Halvorson.
4 (107) QB Dave Lowe- In 2022 he is sitting in the free agency pool looking to be picked up. He played 3 seasons in Seattle before being traded. He only started for three years on three different teams. He has been a career journeyman and has played in 10 different cities. He has passed for 12,170 yards and 65 touchdowns. His QB rating is 71.4.
5 (139) FL Dan Grove- I cut him before he came into camp. He was picked up by Cleveland and played one season there.
6 (171) RB Justin Gardner- Played the third string running back role for 5 years in Seattle before being released for good.
7 (203) CB Patrick Cushman- Pat played 4 seasons, 3 with Seattle. Started only 9 games throughout his career with just one pick.

1 (32) FS Earnest Schott- He played for 8 seasons, 6 in Seattle. He was a starter for just 3 seasons in his career. He managed 299 tackles and 4 interceptions.
2 (10)- RB Walter Fisk- In his 14th year in the league he just broke the 10,000-yard barrier. I traded him away after the second season because I saw running back in the draft that I liked better. The trade ended up working in my favor.
3 (32)- LG Lamar Ellis- After his first two seasons of developing, he earned a starting spot in 2011. From there he has been a consistent 30+ KRB a year. He has been an all pro many times and will surely be in the Seahawks Hall of Fame.
4 (32) LG Andre Stockland- After two seasons I traded him away. He went on to start for 4 different teams over the next 7 seasons. He also earned pro bowl nomination. Stockland is currently playing for the Cowboys.
5 (32) DE Chester Goodwin- He played 4 seasons with two teams. Chester never started and totaled just one career sack.
6 (32) CB Jared Lauher- He played for 11 seasons and started 54 games, but only played in Seattle for five years. In the end he had 282 tackles but just two picks. The reason I got rid of him after five seasons was his lack of interceptions.
7 (32) FL Nicky Randle- He played in just 4 games for Seattle in his only year on the active roster before being left for dead in free agency.

1 (32) QB Bill Sutter- Sutter backed up for a season until Ellard went down with injuries. Then in 2012, Seattle traded Ellard and gave the starting job to Sutter. In 2022, Sutter has the highest career QB Rating at just fewer than 97. He is hall of fame bound.
2 (32) CB Derrick Norton- He played in 7 seasons, 6 with Seattle. Always played the backup role, but still managed 37 career starts. He had just one interception in his career. It was in his rookie season and he ran it back 25 yards for a touchdown.
3 (32) RT Reggie McKinnie- 3 and out. Only played in 5 games.
4 (32) DT Isaac Freeman- 3 and out.
6 (32) FB Bennie Tiller- 2 and out.
7 (32) TE Charles Rosario- He played two years with different teams. He managed 4 starts and had just 92 receiving yards in that time. He never scored a touchdown.

1 (6) RB Bryant Rivera- I had to make a big trade in order to obtain this guy. He was one of the highest rated prospects ever to come out of college. His only downside was that scouts thought he was totally developed, and boy were they wrong. He started at an 81/81, but in a matter of a year or two he was in the low 90’s. He went on to play in Seattle for 6 seasons where he set the all time rushing mark of 1,894 yards in a season, which was later broken. After that, Seattle ran into cap problems and were forced to trade him away to Cincinnati. From there he went on to set the all-time rushing record with 13,711 yards. In 2021 he suffered a major injury and will probably never play again. Right now his record is in jeopardy as a running back for Oakland is about to break it.
3 (23) DE Irving Huntley- He played 4 seasons then left the league without ever doing much.
4 (23) TE Victor Forte- 3 and out.
5 (23) SE Mathew Kyrouac- He played 7 seasons as a backup, 5 in Seattle. He put up good number when he played, but he was always behind good receivers.
7 (23) DT Winston Wheeler- 3 and out. He only played in 12 games.

Last edited by GoSeahawks : 01-06-2004 at 06:16 PM.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:21 PM   #56
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fonzie
I suspect that the lack of early-pick QBs is related to, or caused by, the wealth of QB talent available in every draft. Every year I see a ton of 40-50+ rated QB prospects slip down to the late rounds or out of the draft entirely.

Have you ever actually signed and played any of these guys? I did a kill Arizona, move them to LA, rebuild dynasty and I found most of these guys are truly crap. Even with loads of PT, they don't develop into anything useful except on rare occasions. Not sure if that's representative of the way it always is, but that was my experience.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:07 PM   #57
Easy Mac

just saw that report Fido... Told my girlfriend I'll be ready for her in about an hour.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #58
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by dacman
Have you ever actually signed and played any of these guys? I did a kill Arizona, move them to LA, rebuild dynasty and I found most of these guys are truly crap. Even with loads of PT, they don't develop into anything useful except on rare occasions. Not sure if that's representative of the way it always is, but that was my experience.

Yeah, I have signed many of them as undrafted free agents. I've found a few that boomed, but most of them end up remaining static or becoming complete busts. So this may not be a major source of QB talent, but it might contribute just enough to tip many team's needs away from the QB position.

Or not.

I don't really know, I'm just proposing one way of explaining the lack of top draft pick QBs.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 02:31 AM   #59
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Fonzie
I suspect that the lack of early-pick QBs is related to, or caused by, the wealth of QB talent available in every draft. Every year I see a ton of 40-50+ rated QB prospects slip down to the late rounds or out of the draft entirely. So, if the AI teams already have good quality QBs that they've picked up in the lower rounds in previous years, why should they bother trying to draft a stud early?

I suspect this, or something like it, must be the case in my league, as my most recent season saw over a dozen QBs with ratings over 90, and only a handful under 80. Thus, many teams appear to already have good talent at QB and don't need have a pressing "perceived need" for a QB. So, the AI seems to be working OK, but the QB talent level may be a bit off.

Any thoughts on this?

Damn! You have that many QB's rated over 90?!?!? In my 20 year franchise I have only seen one game generated player with a 90. Here is how the top 20 look in 2022.

One 90+ (This guy is rated exactly 90)
Four 80-89
Four 70-79
Eight 60-69
Three 54-59

90+ (1st round pick)
80-89 (Four 1st round)
70-79 (Three 1st round, One 7th round)
60-69 (Four 1st round, Two 6th round, One 7th round, One undrafted)
54-59 (One 5th round, Two undrafted)

Overall there were 12 first round picks in the top twenty. None of these guys were picked between the second and fourth rounds. After that there was 1 in the 5th, 2 in the 6th, 2 in the 7th and two undrafted.

To me this doesn't sound too out of the ordinary. I am thinking you are probably in a great QB era if you have a dozen QB's rated over 90, or I am comparativley in a really bad QB era. Either way I find it interesting that you are getting such different results.

Also, I wanted to point out the slot these first round QB's were selected. (The highest selection out of any of these QB's was the 4th overall)

1 through 5= 2
6 through 10= 1
11 through 15= 3
16 through 20= 2
21 through 25= 2
26 through 32= 1
Old 01-07-2004, 02:37 AM   #60
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Dola

Fido,
When might we see that updated utility available for download? I have tomorrow off and I have already fallen madly in love with FOF Reporter 1.5b. By the way, you are doing unbelievable work and I would really like to thank you again.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:45 AM   #61
Fido
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by GoSeahawks
Dola

Fido,
When might we see that updated utility available for download? I have tomorrow off and I have already fallen madly in love with FOF Reporter 1.5b. By the way, you are doing unbelievable work and I would really like to thank you again.

What are you worried about the next version for? You don't even have the most recent (1.6)

As for 1.7, its in th can and has been sent to my pre-release users list (something new taht I'm doing.) I'll probably post the version this weekend. Itdeosn't contain everything that I wanted to , but, thanks to SD's draft information suggestion I think it has enough to be a worthwhile step up.