Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2004, 08:01 AM   #51
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
William Hung made my wife pee her pants. I hope he's happy.
The Afoci will have a field day with this

KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:36 AM   #52
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
That was unbelievable. She had to be the only person to get Simon's vote and not make it to the next round.

My wife is pregnant, and in the 6th month, the baby is sitting pretty squarely on the bladder, causing her to have to go to the bathroom pretty frequently - and to have less control than usual. Well, we're watching tonight, and William Hung comes on again, and we're laughing through his whole "performance," and then he stops, and gets that look on his face and does something strange with his mouth...and we lost it. But my wife really lost it. She *literally* - and I don't mean figuratively - peed her pants.

William Hung made my wife pee her pants. I hope he's happy.

Had the same reaction last night. When She Bang came on again I lost it. I need that for a screen saver or something...

When he was just standing there staring I had tears...

"skat lady" was interesting...more scary than funny though...
Old 01-29-2004, 11:33 AM   #53
KevinNU7
College Starter

Any find any pictures of William Hung online yet?
Old 01-29-2004, 11:50 AM   #54
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Any find any pictures of William Hung online yet?

http://www.idolfan.org/pictures/seasonthree/la/231.jpg

http://www.idolfan.org/pictures/seasonthree/la/225.jpg
Old 01-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #55
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That first picture - I think that's the one! That's right after he finishes. He looks like a dog that just got caught eating out of the cat box and is waiting for punishment.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #56
Thomkal
Head Coach

Let's not forget though that Simon can be wrong about people. Case in point, none other than Clay Aiken. He didn't like Clay from the start (can't remember but I think he voted no to him going to Hollywood?) because of his "better suited for Broadway" style. He only warmed up to him later in the show when he lost some of that style. Clay went on to have the #1 album for the year I think?

And another example was that guy (who really was dreadful) who went down and got five people on the beach to say they liked him (and he was better on the beach without all that stupid dancing and weird interpretation of the song he sang for the audition)

So it would be nice if could seperate his comments from those with truly no talent to those who with some training might improve greatly. I thought the long red-haired girl from yesterday or the day before's audition was a good example of this. She probably wasn't good enough to go to Hollywood, but she had some talent and potential.

Overall I wasn't impressed as much with the talent this year than last. I'm not sure any voice stood out for me like Clay, Ruben, and Kimberley Locke's did last year. It will be interesting to see next weeks shows when the judges pick their favorite audition.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:08 PM   #57
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Clay is better suited for Broadway, despite what millions of mindless music -"hearers" (most people don't really listen to music) think. He could quite possibly be this generation's Barry Manilow - although I can't think of an NFL QB he resembles. He's got a great voice, but an "idol" he is not.

Not there's anything wrong with that. But I think Simon was dead-on correct about him.

Come to think of it, Clay does kinda look like Kirk Reuter, so at least he got a general "resembles a professional athlete" thing going on...

Otherwise, as I said previously in this thread, I agree that he needs to distinguish between those with no talent and those with not enough talent.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:11 PM   #58
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Let's not forget though that Simon can be wrong about people. Case in point, none other than Clay Aiken. He didn't like Clay from the start (can't remember but I think he voted no to him going to Hollywood?) because of his "better suited for Broadway" style. He only warmed up to him later in the show when he lost some of that style. Clay went on to have the #1 album for the year I think?

And another example was that guy (who really was dreadful) who went down and got five people on the beach to say they liked him (and he was better on the beach without all that stupid dancing and weird interpretation of the song he sang for the audition)

So it would be nice if could seperate his comments from those with truly no talent to those who with some training might improve greatly. I thought the long red-haired girl from yesterday or the day before's audition was a good example of this. She probably wasn't good enough to go to Hollywood, but she had some talent and potential.

Overall I wasn't impressed as much with the talent this year than last. I'm not sure any voice stood out for me like Clay, Ruben, and Kimberley Locke's did last year. It will be interesting to see next weeks shows when the judges pick their favorite audition.

They didn't show very many successful auditions since you'll have much more air time for the real talent going forward. I'm sure there are some good ones in there.

I wasn't impressed with Clay either and agreed with the Broadway opinion until Aiken changed some of his schtick. Even now I don't particularly like him much.

I do think the three work very well together. Simon looks for the style, the visuals and great voice talent. He wants excellence out of the gate. Randy sees more of the potential and coachability. I suppose Paula falls in the middle...
Old 01-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #59
sabotai
General Manager

Simon did vote Clay to Hollywood during the audition (if I remember, it was just him and Randy that day). But he told him to work on his look (you have to admit, he did not look like an "idol").

It was later during the live shows with the audience that Simon said Clay would be better suited for Broadway. At which time everyone decided to boo Simon. I didn't get that. He tells Clay he could make a fortune on Broadway...and he gets boo'ed.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 04:37 PM   #60
MacroGuru
Coordinator

William Hung Desktop to be released soon!