Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2004, 02:06 AM   #1
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

FBCB: 1.0.8 Patch Finalized

I posted the official 1.0.8 patch for FBCB tonight. If you've been grabbing the beta builds there won't be too much new stuff but if you haven't there should be a lot of interesting stuff. You can get it here:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB108.exe

Here is the full list of changes:

---------------------------
Version 1.0.8
---------------------------
CHANGES:
*Adjusted the late game AI for computer coaches using autofoul.
*Adjusted the criteria the game uses to determine quality wins.
*Changed the conference coach of the year award so that it focuses more on confernce record than total record.
*The next and previous buttons will now be disabled when they can't be used.
*Coaches now get more credit for their tourney success with lower schools when determining new job offers.
*Added a listing under the history menu to view conference movement.
*Increased the prestige bonus for lower conference teams when they make the sweet 16 or better.
*Increased the odds of teams getting off a shot when inbounding the ball with 5 or less seconds on the clock.
*Added a confirmation dialog when running training camps.
*Added the ability to sort the players on the injuries screen.
*Added the possibility for players to pull out of the draft if their draft projection is poor and their team still has an available scholarship.
*Increased the difficulty of hiring assistant coaches that already have jobs with other teams.
*Adjusted the limited conference movement code to give more qualified teams a better chance of moving up.
*The academics filter on the recruiting screen will now filter players on the call list and contacted list.
*It is now always possible to call time out after a made basket.
*Adjusted the affects of the use clock and 3p only options so they will be more effective than before.
*Starters now have a * next to their name on the coach game screen.
*Added Stamina to the attribute listings on the roster screen.
*Added a conference filter to the recruiting rankings screen.
*Added the opponents record to the team schedule section on the roster screen.
*Added the current team records to the box score screen.
*Added an assistant coach mode on the coaching screen that will allow you to handle team strategy while the assistant handles substitutions.
*Adjusted the criteria for messages getting deleted from your inbox automatically.
*Added additional position listings to the recruiting screen.
*Added physical data to the player intros when coaching a game.
*Added cancel buttons to the editing screens.
*Added a filter to the recruiting screen that will show only players that you have offered.
*Added the ability to view the selection show on selection sunday.
*Coach histories are now copied over to the new folder when you change the save name.
*Added Stamina to the attribute views on the recruiting screen.
*Added a print button to the recruiting screen.
*Added conference RPI to the polls screen.
*Added the schedule strength rating to the rpi list on the polls screen.
*Added the player ratings from the previous season to the player screen.
*Added the player rating progression for each season to the player screen printout.
*Redshirting players are now shown using the unavailable color on the roster screen.
*Added a game summary section to the bottom of the box score printout.
*Adjusted the height distribution of the players to better match real life.
*Added the team's committed players to the team html page.
*Fouling ability now improves when you work on defense.
*Reduced the odds of a 3-second call when you trying to milk the clock.
*Active players are now displayed on the overall player career stats leaders.
*Reduced the odds of players tipping in their own miss on a ft.
*Added a historical team leaders screen to the history menu.
*Adjusted the late game timing code and added shots from beyond midcourt.
*Improved cpu timeout use at the end of the game.
*Computer teams are now more willing to use smaller rotations.
*Moved Texas and Oklahoma from the midwest to the south region.
*Added the option to give your assistant coaches raises.
*Added a team list button to the standings screen to make it easier to locate which conference a team is in.
*Added a conference list button to the standings screen.
*Added the option to turn off early departures.
*Adjusted the recommended training settings for players to give more emphasis to areas more important to each position.

FIXES:
*Fixed an error 400 when viewing the polls screen.
*Fixed a bug that caused the suspension setting to reset when you went to the league options screen.
*Fixed a bug that could cause the save game option on the team screen to not respond when it was clicked.
*Fixed a bug that caused some awards to not be displayed on the player screen if the player had a large number of them.
*Fixed an error 6 that could occur when selecting a team for an exhibition game.
*Fixed an error 9 that could occur when clicking the team schedule option in the offseason.
*Fixed a case where players in early foul trouble wouldn't be removed from the game.
*Prestige updates for independent teams should now work properly.
*Recruits created in the future recruits section should now have stats when they are added to the recruit pool.
*Fixed a bug in the end of season prestige calculations.
*Editing a players draft status will no longer cause you to get a message saying they are leaving early their senior year.
*Fixed an error that could cause the conferences.dat file to become corrupt after you edited the conferences in the default league.
*Fixed a bug that could block attribute development for coaches who started as human coaches and were converted to cpu coaches using the current league editor.
*Fixed an error 9 that could occur when exiting the training screen.
*Fixed several spelling errors in the game.
*Altered the save process to prevent a problem with incomplete saves.
*Fixed a problem that prevented the coach movement histories from saving properly.
*Fixed a display issue on the coaching screen involving teams with '&' in their name.
*Fixed a bug that could cause team game records to be saved to the wrong conference for the away team.
*Fixed a bug that caused the headers over the inbox to become improperly aligned.
*Fixed a bug that caused strange rebound locations on fast break attempts.
*Fixed a small flaw in the RPI formula.
*Fixed a bug that caused the individual team season records to get loaded improperly.
*Added code to prevent an issue where double clicking on players on the roster screen has no effect.
*The first line of the box score printout is no longer ignored.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 04-16-2004 at 02:06 AM.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:25 AM   #2
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

So Marm, what do you think of the new patch?

Marmel (2:07:09 AM): i want to make love to brian
Marmel (2:20:47 AM): i want to have his babies

And I hereby announce I did not say anything remotely sexual or nasty because I know that is exactly what marmel is going to respond with now in this thread.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:06 AM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I want to make love to...

wait, who's Marmel?
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:19 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Bump...sticky....archive
Old 04-16-2004, 05:10 AM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

HR is da man.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:34 AM   #6
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Hr.. any chance you can add a Draft projection rating to hs recruits? heh or what does everyone think of that? bad idea?

Last edited by Ragone : 04-16-2004 at 06:01 AM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:44 AM   #7
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I think it's in there already, I had 3 Seniors graduate and I got 3 emails saying they were expected to go undrafted.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #8
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota
I think it's in there already, I had 3 Seniors graduate and I got 3 emails saying they were expected to go undrafted.
He is saying the high shcool players not the guys on your team.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:12 AM   #9
Dutch
"Dutch"

FBCB needed to be patched? Oh, I couldn't tell because of how perfect it was. I guess I'll download it anyway.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:32 PM   #10
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I think I know the answer to this....but once you download the update do you need to start your career over? Or will it be applied to your saved game?
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Considering I've run my FOFC FBCB league on the beta patches and now the full patch, and had no problems, you should be all set.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:47 PM   #12
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Considering I've run my FOFC FBCB league on the beta patches and now the full patch, and had no problems, you should be all set.

I don't know Fozzie, my team has lost too many games this year in our league, I blame bad patching!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:52 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

THIIIBBBIBIITTT
Old 04-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #14
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I don't know Fozzie, my team has lost too many games this year in our league, I blame bad patching!

I'd blame the inability to beat in-state rivals at home if I were you

84-70 Heels in Raleigh, the only thing sweeter was my 87-80 win over Duke at home last sim (and yes, I know your record is still 1/2 game better than mine).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:51 PM   #15
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Is anyone else noticing this issue since the patch? When I go in to set my depth chart, and hit recommend, the first nine players in the list have positions assigned to them but the rest of them have no positions. This wasn't happening before I upgraded to the new patch.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:56 PM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Those are the "garbage time" players I think
Old 04-16-2004, 05:00 PM   #17
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Is anyone else noticing this issue since the patch? When I go in to set my depth chart, and hit recommend, the first nine players in the list have positions assigned to them but the rest of them have no positions. This wasn't happening before I upgraded to the new patch.

That is one of the changes to make the recommended lineups more realistic. The players that don't have positions listed aren't part of the regular rotation. You'll generally only use them when there are no better alternative players to send into the game.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #18
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Will the game use them appropriately? If I can just leave them unassigned and have them soak up a few minutes of garbage time that's fine with me.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:52 PM   #19
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey HR, this is the possession you wanted to look at.

-5 Shot Clock
Old 04-17-2004, 01:29 PM   #20
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

bump...un-stick.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:56 AM   #21
Malificent
High School JV

HR,

I'm having a weird issue with the recruiting call list. Everytime I click on a player, the wrong player shows up. Very odd. Is this a known bug?
Malificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:15 PM   #22
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malificent
HR,

I'm having a weird issue with the recruiting call list. Everytime I click on a player, the wrong player shows up. Very odd. Is this a known bug?

Can't say I've seen that one before. If you want to send me your save I'll take a look at it.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:27 PM   #23
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm actually looking forward to my post-op recovery at the end of April to give the new update a twirl.

Despite my disdain for the NBA, I thought Fast Break Basketball was one of the best bargains I ever found in the sports sim market. FBCB has blown that away. This game was nearly flawless already, and Brian could have tucked away virtually all of the updates in 1.08 and saved them for FBCB 2. But the guy keeps giving us the stuff! Awesome. Jim and Brian are the only two sports sim producers from I would buy a game sight unseen.

FBCB was actually worth upgrading to Evil Empire XP to play.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:27 AM   #24
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

One bug and one request:

I found in the Recruiting area a bug in one of the dropdown lists. I think it's the filter that contains options for "All", "Committed" and the like. In that list, all the options are repeated twice.

The request is to view the recruiting other schools are doing (or at least the commits they have). I was wondering who my conference rivals were recruiting, but there is no easy way to determine that. The option is disabled on their screens (practically the only thing that is) and there is no filter or list anywhere that at least lists committed by school (or school by committed, what have you) anywhere in the game. The Top 100 get listed out in the HTML, but there isn't anything to easily determine where players are going after that.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote