Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2004, 01:17 AM   #1
Robbiero67
Mascot

OT: Royal Flush

After playing over thirty thousand hands over at AP, I finally landed the Royal flush. It was in a sit n' go, and was not a hugely important hand...but still a landmark of sorts for my young poker career. No one is awake here and I had to let people know ...

Robbiero67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:24 AM   #2
Robbiero67
Mascot

dola

Now that I bring it up, do any of the rest of you poker players remember your first royal and the situation it occurred in?
Robbiero67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:26 AM   #3
Vince
Pro Starter

I remember watching a straight flush (8-9-10-J-Qh) lose to a Royal Flush live one time. It was ridiculous.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:36 AM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have never seen one, got a straight flush once.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:15 AM   #5
TLK
Pro Starter

I've seen em'.... never had one though....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 03:46 AM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I've only seen one in Carribean Poker. I was at 3rd Base, and he was on 1st. He got a Royal Flush, but didn't play the $1 jackpot bet, and the dealer didn't qualify. It was a sad day for that guy. Instead of winning $200,000+, he got $15.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:32 AM   #7
MJ4H
Coordinator

I have had 3 royals. Two online, one live. The live one beat four jacks (no joke) but it was just a play chip game between some friends. Online, one royal in a sng at absolute and one royal in a freeroll multi table at absolute.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:02 AM   #8
primelord
Pro Rookie

I have had 4 of them now. I flopped two of them and managed to get very little action on either. My 3rd one I had the Ad in my hand and the KQJTd were on the board. I got a ton of action from the guy with the 9d in his hands. Capped two streets and apparently never stopped to think I might have the A.

My most recent one I documented in a post here awhile ago, but the short of it was the Ac I caught on the river made me a royal flush at the same time it made another guy 4 aces.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:51 AM   #9
robbgmaier
College Prospect

The only one I remember, if there has been more than one, was during an Omaha Hi/Lo sit and go at partypoker. What was so memorable about it was that I made it on the turn, and people were capping the betting before it even got around to me. Good times that
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote