Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2004, 10:22 PM   #1
Poli
FOFC Survivor

With Revrew's departure...

Revrew's departure made me think back to life without FOFC.

It's hard to imagine what I used to do with my 'spare' time. I know I spend a lot of it at the forum now, but what did I do before? I must have played an insane amount of games, but FOFC led me to Hattrick. What did I do with my time before?

Of course, I went to sea a lot, and I didn't have internet access during most of that time. I'm also still a relatively new guy to the board, registering 'only' in April 2002. Thanks to the person that led me here from the NFL Draft FOFC/Solecismic IRC chat room. I'd still be lost today without you.

Back then, I do know I played TCY religously. I simmed a season every day. I recall seeing message boards for OOTP before I went around South America, but the OOTP board just didn't do it for me. I really enjoyed football in general and TCY more than OOTP.

I remember wishing to myself that TCY had it's own message board, because I just knew that others were out there that enjoyed the games just as much as me. I even asked Jim about it in the draft chat that day, which led to the anonymous user tipping me off to this place.

In all honesty, I've found a new group of friends. Friends that I can relate to about football and other stuff. That's just awesome. Really, because it was hard to find people I could talk to about football in a serious discussion.

You guys opened my eyes to a whole lot of things I never saw before in TCY. The way I play the game today is much different than the way I played before. Terms I use in every day life now (heart and JeeberD ). Games I now play that I never heard of before. I may never have heard of them.

I've made a lot of friends here too. Real friends. I would make a list, but I don't want to leave anyone out. I do know from experience that some of you would bend over backwards to help me and have, and I really appreciate it. You guys are great.

Life without FOFC? I can't imagine it. I stop in at FOFC more times than I can count, just to see what's going on. Even while at sea, when internet was ungodly slow and accessing FOFC was something I didn't 'need' to do, I did it anyway. Revrew, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. I'm not sure I could stay away from here.

Thanks, everyone, for giving me a place to rant, speak, comment, and cry.

Respecfully,

AE

Last edited by Poli : 05-21-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:26 PM   #2
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I have really opened up to some people here recently after getting over the whole 'it is just the internet' phase. I know what you mean AE.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:33 PM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with everything you say. While I don't allways agree with the opinions of people here I love reading what everyone has to say. I have been a regular visitor for about 3 years now, and while I don'e post alot I read alot.

One of the things I love about the bard is all the opinions from diffrent people. Whenever I have a serious problem or a descion to make I will often post my dilema here for some advice/feedback. While many people may think it strange to seek advice from an internet message board the bottom line is I trust and value everyones opinion here, And what better spot to get an objective view then from here.

Combine that with I have seen some of the funniest shit I have ever seen, I agree with my boy AE, I can't imagine life without the board.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
The_herd
College Starter

I just spent 5 weeks in Germany and the internet on post there was painfully slow, but I still felt the need to check in here just about every day just to see what was going on.

When stationed in Germany from '00-'02 I mostly just checked in here to see if there was any news on the text sim front. But when I got stateside (and the internet speeds became faster) I started to see the board as more than just a news site for text sims and more for the community it is.

And now my wife tells me I spend too much time here....
Old 05-21-2004, 10:45 PM   #5
MikeVic
Head Coach

This place is great. I have to echo everyone's replies so far, and also love reading about what everyone here thinks of EVERYTHING.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 12:59 AM   #6
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I heart AE, even if his random stories through HT mail make little sense.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:01 AM   #7
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I think I quote this board more than anything but the Bible in my sermons. I think I might ought to pay royalties to a couple of you.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:47 AM   #8
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
It's hard to imagine what I used to do with my 'spare' time. I know I spend a lot of it at the forum now, but what did I do before? I must have played an insane amount of games, but FOFC led me to Hattrick. What did I do with my time before?

...arg! Now you've got me thinking! I think I played an insane amount of video games myself...or was collecting far too many comics and toys that my old places of residence could contain.

Yet, when I try to picture that possibility...it seems more of a dream than anything else. What the hell did I use to do before FOFC? Or a better question: What the hell did I use to do, before lurking on the FOFC prior to activating an account?
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:05 AM   #9
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

I know exactly how you feel AE.

It actually gets scary sometimes when real life catches up and I have no time for or access to FOFC. I start to have withdrawal symptoms and really need my FOFC fix...

Hi, my name is Patrick and I am a FOFC addict...
Old 05-22-2004, 09:00 AM   #10
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
I think I quote this board more than anything but the Bible in my sermons. I think I might ought to pay royalties to a couple of you.
Can't beat a sermon that just may include the terms "dola" and "Colossal Squid".

Last edited by daedalus : 05-22-2004 at 09:08 AM.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:09 AM   #11
Easy Mac

I used to hang out on the CM boards... man, I thought you guys were retarded, but try carrying on a conversation over there.

I don't know what I'm going to do in a week when I move to Charleston. I won't be able to take my computer yet, so I'll be out a week without anything. Then when I actually move, I'll need a pretty good job so I can afford the internet.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:10 AM   #12
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg

PM me for the address to send the check.

I echo the sentiments above.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:39 AM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

FOFC rocks. Although IHOF has sucked away a lot of my FOFC time recently. But I don't think IHOF will kill FOFC...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:16 PM   #14
Dutch
"Dutch"

Thankfully we have left politics and OT pretty much out of IHOF, so I like to cause trouble over here.

Last edited by Dutch : 05-22-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:25 PM   #15
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
FOFC rocks. Although IHOF has sucked away a lot of my FOFC time recently. But I don't think IHOF will kill FOFC...

yeah, IHOF has at least halved my time here. But FOFC is where it all began for me. It'll always be one of my top visited sites.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:31 PM   #16
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
someone on ther board is having my child. Yes the "you have the pretties eyes" line works.

THANKS FOFC
Old 05-22-2004, 05:48 PM   #17
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_herd
And now my wife tells me I spend too much time here....
Tell your wife we think you're spending too much time with her.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote