Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2004, 07:33 AM   #51
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Hmmmm....so far multiple suggestions that the law should simply be ignored. Scary.

I don't think they should go to jail, but no prosecution, no fine and no probation sends a bad message.

They broke the law.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:51 AM   #52
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

We didnt really have a senior prank at my High School. Of course we didnt go to school much considring we had set a NJ state record for number of bomb scares. Somewhere in the 35-40 range cant remember the exact number but i do know that a school in DC had 93!!! There was even a "device" put on the roof one day (cardbard box with bomb written on it). Alot of people called but the main ones were these 3 kids who were also stealing cars from one kids Dad's auto dealership.

I dont see what the big deal is. But then again i went to a school were people got stabbed, Teachers and even the school cop got the shit kicked out of them and that was just a subarban school, and the media never gave two shits.

Last edited by ageofquarrel : 05-22-2004 at 07:52 AM.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:19 AM   #53
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Hmmmm....so far multiple suggestions that the law should simply be ignored. Scary.

I don't think they should go to jail, but no prosecution, no fine and no probation sends a bad message.

They broke the law.

I see your point. I guess I should claify and say that I think its a pointless law, considering whats out on tv and such.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:11 PM   #54
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog

They broke the law.

I don't think it should be ignored. Give him a fine and some community service. I just find it funny how psycho people go over these things. But charging him with hundreds of counts (which they're probably only doing so they'll scare him into taking whatever plea bargin they give him)? That's pretty much overboard.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:26 PM   #55
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
I don't think it should be ignored. Give him a fine and some community service. I just find it funny how psycho people go over these things. But charging him with hundreds of counts (which they're probably only doing so they'll scare him into taking whatever plea bargin they give him)? That's pretty much overboard.

Exactly. Assuming that these students who are involved don't have any criminal pasts, I think a small fine (in line with lets say, how much a reasonable teenager can earn in 3-4 months) along with 160 hours of community service would be good.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 04:15 PM   #56
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

I arrived at school on Wednesday to find that the windows in the building where I teach had scraps of paper and adhesive stuck on them. I figured that someone had papered the school. As I found out, someone had Photoshopped the heads of our administrators onto sexually explicit bodies. It also seems that they gave our (female) principal a penis. Admin claims to have videotape of the incident, and that those responsible will not walk (I don't know who it supposedly was), but other teachers are claiming that the cameras were not working that night, and that it was too dark at any rate. A below-par prank, IMO.

However, my wife just reminded me that a few years ago, our valedictorian, during his speech, stripped down to a G-string. He was protesting the little box of standards and rules that high school places students into. We made CNN on that one. Allegedly he has a fan club of gay men in Australia.

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com

Last edited by AZSpeechCoach : 05-22-2004 at 04:18 PM. Reason: adding the next story
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #57
Scholes
High School Varsity

We hired two male strippers to dance at the end-of year faculty banquet for our senior prank. From our "inside" eyewitness (a teacher we knew we could trust) he said that the two guys walked in, went to the front of the room with a boom box, put on "It's Raining Men" and proceeded to strip, although they "lacked flare and energy" (that's a quote from my old teacher, take it for what it's worth). Their chests had large 98's painted on them. Some of the female staff laughed a bit, and then security was called.

We never got caught, although a bunch of juniors were saying that the faculty was pissed and wanted "to see heads roll".
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote