Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2004, 06:25 AM   #1
PSUColonel
Banned

FOF reviews

Has anyone noticed with each release of FOF, the number of outlets reviewing it have gotten fewer and fewer? Gamespy for one suprises me the most. The neglected to do a review of FOF5, yet did one on OOTP6. It seems like many of the outlets who at one time reviewed FOF, CM, OOTP, and so on have gotten away from it. Are text sims for us older folks, and therefore not worth reviewing?

PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:48 AM   #2
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Here's a post made by Jim in response to some who were wondering as to why PC Gamer did a review for TPF and not one for FOF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
It's partially my fault, though it's likely this issue was finished before I announced FOF 2004.

I didn't tell PC Gamer about FOF 2004 because last year they did review the game and while it received a decent score, I felt the reviewer really had no interest in the genre. He lost his CD key twice.

While I'd like to think they should know about my work, as rexall said, I'd hate to get to the point where I'm arrogant enough to really believe it.

PC Gamer has never been involved in the indie sports sim world, and it's encouraging that they're interested enough now to write a preview. I'll send them a note tonight. Maybe that interest has translated into actually finding a reviewer who cares about the genre.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote