Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2004, 08:04 PM   #301
RainRaven
High School JV

Anyone up for a game tonight? I have the Xbox version....

Last edited by RainRaven : 07-26-2004 at 08:04 PM.
RainRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:19 PM   #302
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Eaglesfan - Can you post your final settings here?

Thanks!

Easy enough.

All Pro, 9 minute quarters (might switch it to 8 as I get quicker at calling plays)

Fatigue pushed all the way to the left for both the computer and the human teams. This makes the players with relatively low stamina have to be subbed out of the game (unless you like playing with tired players.) It also seems to prevent super human games by WR's or RB's with rare exceptions.

Clipping turned all the way off.

All other penalties filled to the maximum.

Simulated quarters of 5 minutes. 6 gave stats that were breaking records for me a little too often (I ran the first season 5 times at 5 and 6 minute simulated quarters)

With 5 minute quarters, the leading QB ranged from 4,000 yards to 4923 yards. The leading HB ranged from 1493 yards to 1964 yards. The leading receiver ranged from 85 to 97 catches. I do wish catches were higher. The yardage for the leading receiver ranged from 1252 yards to 1536 yards.

Their was a nice spread of stats after the top 10 or so at each position too. The main problems I saw were QB pass completion percentage was too high in the simulated games (the leader was in the 68-70% range each season) and there were too many QB's who were above 60%.

The leading tackler ranged from 119 to 148 tackles. The leading sack guy ranged from 15 to 19 sacks. The leading interceptor ranged from 8 to 12.

The leading kicker only ever had 34 kicks. I'd like to see this higher, but 6 minutes seems to disrupt too many things for me, so I'll live with this.

The leading punter averaged around 105 punts with a range of 98 to 112.

In my played out games, I've been very happy with the results. If I make smart decisions, I can usually complete 60-65 percent of my passes. If I play stupid, I'm usually in the 40-50 percent range (or worse in one game.)

I'm getting around 60 to 80 yards a game with Westbrook with the fatigue factor (before fatigue was changed I was getting 150 to 200 a game with him)

Terrell is usually my leading receiver with around 5-12 catches for 100-120 yards a game (with one big 160 yard game) I do notice quite a few drops, but usually when I throw to guys who are covered, get hit right after catching the ball, or have poor hands.

I'm happy with these settings and really enjoying the game
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #303
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, for anyone reading my franchise I'm trying to renegotiate a few contracts and I've discovered the cap bug. I've examined it, and I'm positive I know what is happening. If you trade or release a guy the cap hit for all remaining bonus money occurs immediately. So far, so good. I think this is what is causing people to see the shrinking cap, as this is not really shown well in the information screen. The sad part is that if you renegotiate a contract, the bonus money on the old contract also hits that year's cap immediately rather than remaining spread out over the life of the original contract like FOF does it (and real football does it I believe.) Least that is the clear implication from the penalties I'm seeing on the renegotiation screen

This effectively eliminates the possibility of a successful renegotiation strictly for cap reasons. I'm going to try one just to prove my theory, but I'm saving first. Ok, tested and confirmed

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-26-2004 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:50 PM   #304
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

One cool thing I just noticed, if you low ball a guy, he will become more resistant to signing future offers. I just priced myself out of a servicable MLB that way, because I kept trying to nickel and dime him to find his minimum acceptable offer and before I knew it he became upset and wouldn't sign for a deal that would have filled up his red bar of interest before.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:03 PM   #305
Ironhead
College Prospect

The gameplay on this game is great. However, the franchise designer should definately be fired. I have rerun the NFL draft about 5 or 6 times, and no matter what, the computer will only take a HB, QB, OT, or DE during the first round no matter what kind of talent there is in the draft pool.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 PM   #306
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Anyone had any luck with Interceptions? I played two games tonight on All-Pro and the CPU threw six INTs in game one, eight in game two. I've tried moving the slider, but it doesn't seem to make any difference and besides I'm not even sure which way I'm supposed to move it.

Anyone found a way to keep INTs reasonable? I can handle it when I throw too many myself, since I can assume that I'm not playing well. But when Vick and Favre combine for 14 INTs in two games, I get worried. Should I be playing with the coverage and receiving sliders as well? Help?
Old 07-26-2004, 11:00 PM   #307
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks, Eaglesfan!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #308
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm usually only seeing an interception or two a game, but then again my corners are horrible (actually my only interceptions are by safeties or linebackers)
Old 07-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #309
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

How do I set the Weekly Prep exercise thing? Can't find it anywhere, and the "manual" isn't being very helpful as to where I can find it.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:37 PM   #310
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
How do I set the Weekly Prep exercise thing? Can't find it anywhere, and the "manual" isn't being very helpful as to where I can find it.
Assuming you're in franchise mode and have it turned on, go to your schedule and simulate the week. Instead of starting your game, you'll start your week of prep.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:50 AM   #311
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I read someplace else that turning off clipping disables the "Crib" feature, is that true?
I didn't understand this when it was first posted, but now I see what you meant.

You earn your Crib points by doing certain things in a game (long plays, etc). It also has a neat feature that keeps track of all your milestone plays so you can look back and see what you've done. But in order to get credit, you have to be playing on a normal difficulty level.

Apparently, the game considers turning off clipping to be setting the difficulty too low (even if all your other penalties are at their max). So once you've turned off clipping you lose all the milestone tracking. Bad for most of us, and really bad for anyone who really wanted to play with the Crib feature.

Not an earth-shattering bug, but disappointing all the same.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:03 AM   #312
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
I didn't understand this when it was first posted, but now I see what you meant.

You earn your Crib points by doing certain things in a game (long plays, etc). It also has a neat feature that keeps track of all your milestone plays so you can look back and see what you've done. But in order to get credit, you have to be playing on a normal difficulty level.

Apparently, the game considers turning off clipping to be setting the difficulty too low (even if all your other penalties are at their max). So once you've turned off clipping you lose all the milestone tracking. Bad for most of us, and really bad for anyone who really wanted to play with the Crib feature.

Not an earth-shattering bug, but disappointing all the same.

I think, though, if you left Clipping on 1-tick, you'd be Ok. You'd avoid the bug almost all the time, and still get to use the crib.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:11 AM   #313
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I think, though, if you left Clipping on 1-tick, you'd be Ok. You'd avoid the bug almost all the time, and still get to use the crib.
Interesting idea. Does it work for sure, or just a theory?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:20 AM   #314
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Interesting idea. Does it work for sure, or just a theory?

latter
Old 07-31-2004, 10:28 AM   #315
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just leave it at default and you won't see it much at all. Max out the rest of them.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:04 AM   #316
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Just leave it at default and you won't see it much at all. Max out the rest of them.
That seems to be the way to go. Moving it up one tick didn't do it -- it looks like it needs to be at least half way.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:46 PM   #317
jbmagic
Pro Starter

how much is it to play xbox live online a month?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #318
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Just as a update, I tried once again to get this game to work for coach mode. I basically put all the offense on max, coverage on 0, pursuit and tackling on 8, and interceptions on 3. On the first game, I was able to get Vick to 54% completions, though he threw 3 ints. and so did the computer (the computer still had below 40%, but it was the Cardinals). The next game was the Lions. Neither QB got over 40%, both threw three ints., and there were 30 Passes defended in the game! And that was with the coverage on 0!

A completely unplayable piece of crap for coach mode players. My money is that Madden will be also.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:28 PM   #319
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

That is too bad to hear about coach mode. Thanks for giving it a shot.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:07 PM   #320
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Well rented it for a wekk from Blockbuster. Gameplay is decent, the greatest game in the world would be ESPN's presentation and it's tackling/break tackle animations combined with Madden's gameplay and franchise. I just dont understand how the game could be released with every pick in the first round is a RB, QB, T, or DE. That totally ruinied the game for me.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:15 PM   #321
gstelmack
Pro Starter

You know, I'm wondering more and more if this release was targeted at online play. They've really paid attention to online play (I understand there are some bugs due to them being the first to use some new libraries from Microsoft, but they are fixing those ASAP), and the gameplay, league pages, lobbying, and all seem really well laid out. The FOFC league is off to a great start barring one game that had lag issues.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:20 PM   #322
sabotai
General Manager

Yeah, I noticed that thing about the draft. I noticed many similar things with the way the AI handles their teams and the AI overall (Mel Miker loves those CBs in his draft preview show) that has really turned me off to the game. I still fire it up every few days to play a game or two, but I'm glad the game was only $20.

I'm going to wait (more than a day or two ) to see how people talk about Madden. With my disappointment in both NCAA and ESPN NFL, Madden could be it for me, but I'm going to wait awhile and see.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:30 PM   #323
Philliesfan980
Banned

Anyone up for a game tonight?

Xbox tag: Philliesfan
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:06 AM   #324
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Just got it yesterday. I played with the Saints, and Tebucky Jones tackled a member of the opposition. I do not know if I can stand a game this unrealistic.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:16 AM   #325
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
Just got it yesterday. I played with the Saints, and Tebucky Jones tackled a member of the opposition. I do not know if I can stand a game this unrealistic.

Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote