Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2003, 05:04 PM   #1
Vince
Pro Starter

Studying Sucks

You know you've been hanging around FOFC too much when you put tags like [Book]---[/Book] around sections of your notes.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 05:07 PM   #2
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Depending on what you are getting your degree in, studying is waaaaaay overrated. I would suggest drinking more alcohol.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, this class is Anatomy...straight memorization. I normally don't study so much, but a friend of mine thinks she's the shit at biology (although it IS her major), and it's my new goal in life to make her feel retarded and be a History Major who did better than her at a Biology class.

Maybe that's rough to do to a friend, but she is downright rude when it comes to being full of herself.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:19 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

"Maybe that's rough to do to a friend, but she is downright rude when it comes to being full of herself."

Have you ever tried to get her filled with someone else?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 05:21 PM   #5
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
know what sucks worse? 40+ hrs a week and no summers off for the rest of your life.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:21 PM   #6
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Im Takin A&P II this semester and thankfully an easy teacher who gives way too easy tests .
Old 02-20-2003, 05:24 PM   #7
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
Well, this class is Anatomy...straight memorization. I normally don't study so much, but a friend of mine thinks she's the shit at biology (although it IS her major), and it's my new goal in life to make her feel retarded and be a History Major who did better than her at a Biology class.

Maybe that's rough to do to a friend, but she is downright rude when it comes to being full of herself.

Your a history major taking Biology? Can I ask why?
Old 02-20-2003, 05:26 PM   #8
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
know what sucks worse? 40+ hrs a week and no summers off for the rest of your life.

Amen, brother.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:27 PM   #9
Vince
Pro Starter

Fritz...that'll be the life, let me tell you. I currently work 30 hours a week AND I'm a full time student. Last quarter it was 40 hours a week spread between two jobs and full time student. Believe me, I'm not afraid to enter the work force.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:30 PM   #10
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola: I'm taking Biology because I'm going to minor in Athletic Coaching, and Anatomy and Physiology is a prerequisite for the coaching classes.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:38 PM   #11
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Fritz...that'll be the life, let me tell you. I currently work 30 hours a week AND I'm a full time student. Last quarter it was 40 hours a week spread between two jobs and full time student. Believe me, I'm not afraid to enter the work force.

No shit...I had to work at least 40 hours a week every summer, and also worked over winter and spring break; I don't think I ever had one off. My first two years of school I worked 30 hours a week during the school year, and my last three I worked about 25 a week in a co-op not getting paid a dime. Doing only 40 hours a week and not having to worry about homework when I get home is like heaven.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:47 PM   #12
ACStrider
High School JV

I think I got Vince beat in diversity in majors. When I entered college I was a Psychology and Computer Science major. I eventually picked up a History minor. Try figuring out a job that utilizes all three of those. Also, this may sound weird to some of you, but as a recent graduate, I really miss studying. I guess a part of me wishes that I could be a lifetime student. Maybe I could do that and just pass the bill onto my future kids.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:10 PM   #13
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ACStrider
Also, this may sound weird to some of you, but as a recent graduate, I really miss studying. I guess a part of me wishes that I could be a lifetime student.

Stuck in the middle of my 5th year in grad school, let me say that you get over that feeling fast.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 07:12 PM   #14
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I would only want to be a lifetime student if I could find a way to incorporate beer, girls, parties, and college basketball games while finding somebody else to do my homework for me and never having to repay my student loans.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:40 PM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Here we are at last
The moment soon will pass
We'll go our seperate ways
We'll vanish in the haze
We'll never be the same
We'll forget each other's names
We'll grow old and lose our hair
It's all downhill from there

But tonight we'll reach for the stars
We'll rent expensive cars
And dream our dreams
Of a perfect night
And we'll sing our prom theme

Here we are at last
We're running out of gas
The air is getting thick
The girls are feeling sick
We'll pass out on the beach
Our keys just out of reach
And soon we'll say goodbye
Then we'll work until we die

But tonight we feel like stars
We'll play our air guitars
Cause we're eighteen
It's a perfect night
To sing our prom theme
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:03 PM   #16
Buzzbee
College Starter

Oh yeah? Well when I was in college I worked 10 hours a day as a street sweeper using nothing but my tongue , had a full schedule which included Physics, Rocket Science, and Understanding Women (a real BITCH of a course ) and had no pizza to eat, beer to drink, or sports to watch.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:20 PM   #17
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:

Vince, I promise you something changes when you get out. You will see. Oh yes.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:24 PM   #18
Easy Mac

I sympathize Vince.

I'm studying for my political science test saturday. I basically have to read Aquinas, Kant, Nietzsche, Hobbes and Rousseau by then.

I haven't even studied for my Physics final tomorrow.... God I love finals.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #19
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

mmmmm political thinkers.....
Old 02-20-2003, 09:12 PM   #20
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
When I entered college I was a Psychology and Computer Science major. I eventually picked up a History minor. Try figuring out a job that utilizes all three of those.

You could write the AI code for a war simulation.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 01:31 AM   #21
ACStrider
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
You could write the AI code for a war simulation.

Ding Ding Ding...you get the prize. That's exactly the direction career-wise that I'm headed.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:47 AM   #22
Vince
Pro Starter

Yeah, Fritz, I know. I'm really not looking forward to graduating...I realize that I'm having the time of my life now, and it's kind of sad to think that it'll end soon. What's the worst is because of my switch in major, I'm a bit behind, so I have to stay for a fifth year (or part of one, at least). So most all of my friends are graduating in four months, and I'll be staying here.

I wish it could last forever...but I'm looking into coaching and teaching history when I graduate...and if that works out the way I'm planning, it'll be a blast to be a coach. So we'll see how it goes.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:41 AM   #23
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz

LOL, I clicked on this thread not to read it, but to express this sentiment. I remember being in college and everyone thinking they had so much to do and were under so much pressure. Well,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I like my job, love my wife, and love my house, but if 7 days of being in college again, with no wife, job, mortgage, were available on ebay, I'd be bidding!

I am sure however, that about a billion other guys would too.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:07 AM   #24
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samdari
I like my job, love my wife, and love my house, but if 7 days of being in college again, with no wife, job, mortgage, were available on ebay, I'd be bidding!

I think you may have found Quiksandy's new superproduct.

Last edited by Fritz : 02-21-2003 at 07:15 AM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 07:37 AM   #25
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
I think I got Vince beat in diversity in majors. When I entered college I was a Psychology and Computer Science major. I eventually picked up a History minor. Try figuring out a job that utilizes all three of those. Also, this may sound weird to some of you, but as a recent graduate, I really miss studying. I guess a part of me wishes that I could be a lifetime student. Maybe I could do that and just pass the bill onto my future kids.

Hmm, that probably has me beat....I majored in Biomedical Engineering and "fullfilled the requirements" (in other words, no physical 2nd diploma - bastards) for a BA in Psych.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote