Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-04-2004, 05:24 AM   #1
IwasHere
Banned

Thanks to (1st and 10) I am now enjoying Cold Pizza every morning.

I remember a year ago when I first tuned in to the show I thought it would be a good alternative to watching reruns of FSN's TBDSSP. Well it turned out to be nothing but 4 ex-college chearleaders, 2 male and 2 female, reading the news and doing fluff pieces straight off cue cards. Not an original thought among them.

I do not know the reason behind it, or why, but the introduction of 1st and 10 to the show these last couple of months has me tuning into the show every mourning from 6AM to 8AM. Basically it is 2 hours of a moderated PTI that is constantly being interupted by fluffy SportsCenter stories performed by those same College Cheerleaders.

Just makes me feel right at home to see people arguing about sports, rather than just reading about it off the cards in front of them. And, Woody Page is always completely over the top. I love the fact that they always call him the next show on some of the idiot predictions he made previously.

I hope they continue with the 1st and 10 segment as I remember Woody saying that ESPN signed them to a 3 month contract for Cold Pizza.

Last edited by IwasHere : 11-04-2004 at 05:25 AM.
IwasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #2
IwasHere
Banned

Great, the one day I bring this up no Woody and it is turning out to be a love fest on 1st and 10.
IwasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:40 AM   #3
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Somehow, Woody both irks me and entertains me. Maybe that's the idea. Cold Pizza was never my favorite TV show, but I've always sorta liked it since the beginning (Thea Andrews helps). They do seem to be a little more focused on keeping everything sports-related now, so I agree that it has gotten better. I only catch about 30 minutes of it every day, so I don't always see the "1st & 10" segment, but it's good to see that someone else here actually likes the show.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:06 AM   #4
condors
College Starter

i never saw it till i was on vacation last week and enjoyed it
condors is offline   Reply With Quote