Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2004, 02:34 PM   #651
rlfreeze
n00b

Just a quick couple of questions for SkyDog. Are any beta tests performed in an online league environment? Is the promo cash drain bug fixed? In all leagues, are injured players still unwilling to talk about contract extensions due to lack of playing time when that lack of playing time is a result of injury? Thanks.
rlfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:52 PM   #652
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfreeze
Just a quick couple of questions for SkyDog. Are any beta tests performed in an online league environment? Is the promo cash drain bug fixed? In all leagues, are injured players still unwilling to talk about contract extensions due to lack of playing time when that lack of playing time is a result of injury? Thanks.
Dude, I don't work full-time for OOTP Developments. There's no way I can look at all of that stuff in just a few hours of having had the patch, while at the office. Some of that stuff is on the fix list. No idea what is working yet.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #653
rlfreeze
n00b

Thanks
rlfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:59 PM   #654
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I ran my new career for one season, but did not "proceed to next season," so I think I'm going to restore it back to the beginning of the year and start all over.

Me too, I guess. Hopefully, this patch is the real deal this time.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #655
Raven
College Prospect

SD,

I'd think we shouldn't assume what % of top draft picks should be on the career leaderboards. But I'd hope there'd be more x round picks on the board than x+1 rounders (ie more 1st rounders than 2nd rounders, more 2nd rounders than 3rd rounders etc). Or at least something close.

Do you know if, when importing, they fixed the bug where guys with low control in v5 are getting a 1 (out of 100) in control in v6? (ie a guy with 3/10 or 4/10 in v5 would convert to a 1/100 in v6)
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:38 PM   #656
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
SD,

I'd think we shouldn't assume what % of top draft picks should be on the career leaderboards. But I'd hope there'd be more x round picks on the board than x+1 rounders (ie more 1st rounders than 2nd rounders, more 2nd rounders than 3rd rounders etc). Or at least something close.

Yeah. Here's what I proposed to Markus:
Quote:
I'm pulling these numbers out of my butt as far as how they match up with real life (no research, in other words), but here's about what I'd want to see in the top 20 HR hitters in a given season:

6-8 Top 10 picks
4-6 Other first rounders
3-5 Second-third rounders
3-5 Fourth round or later

After writing the above, I did just a hair of "research". Here are the AL and NL HR leaders in the last five seasons:

2003: Thome (round 13), ARod: 1(1)
2002: Sosa (FA), ARod: 1(1)
2001: Bonds: 1(6), ARod: 1(1)
2000: Sosa: (FA), Glaus: 1(3)
1999: McGwire: 1(10), Junior: 1(1)

Further, Chipper was a 1(1) pick and Jeter was 1(6) pick. The point is simple: of the guys that most people would list as the game's "elite" position players today: (Bonds, ARod, Sosa, Chipper, Jeter), four were drafted 1(6) or higher.

How's that sound?

Quote:
Do you know if, when importing, they fixed the bug where guys with low control in v5 are getting a 1 (out of 100) in control in v6? (ie a guy with 3/10 or 4/10 in v5 would convert to a 1/100 in v6)
No idea. I'd never even consider importing a league from one version to the next--not even from one patch to the next--as it would ruin the statistical integrity of the league. OOTP5 is off my hard drive, along with all the leagues created with it. Can't help you out or test this at all. Markus always has "fixed various other reported bugs" on his fix lists (which is rather annoying, imho. Tell us what bugs are fixed so we can make sure!) , so maybe, maybe not.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #657
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
What percentage of guys on the career leader board do y'all think should be guys drafted 1(10) or higher?

EDIT: How about current season leader boards?

How many rounds does the OOTP draft run?

There were a few good articles recently prior to the MLB draft talking about the unpredictability of the draft - I'll try and dig those up and link them.

The other question would be, how realistic should this feature be in OOTP vs. gameplay balancing issues. If say 1st round picks in reality are highly volatile and a relatively high percentage never make an impact in the majors, should this be reflected in OOTP?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:50 PM   #658
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
The other question would be, how realistic should this feature be in OOTP vs. gameplay balancing issues. If say 1st round picks in reality are highly volatile and a relatively high percentage never make an impact in the majors, should this be reflected in OOTP?
I'd say for gameplay balancing's sake, there needs to be *some* level of predictability. Further, as I've demonstrated by showing the draft position of the game's current "marquee" hitters, there's definitely *something* to be said for high draft choices becoming elite players much more often than low draft choices becoming elite players.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #659
Ben E Lou

Quote:
LAPTOP
SYSTEM SPECS: P4, 2.4GHZ, 512MB RAM
LEAGUE CONFIGURATION: 2 teams, 2 divisions per league, 16 teams total

From 2004 to 2017, averaged a little under 15 minutes per season.
Diregard the laptop numbers. There is more to testing a patch than creating a new league entitled "603 Test." One must actually install the patch on the machine in question as well...
Old 06-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #660
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Here's one of the better articles I remember reading - Peter Gammons looks at recent draft history

If you look at the research he did, you'll see that 1st round picks made up the vast majority of pitchers and hitters in last year's All-Star Game, about 1/3 of the rosters.

By the same token, examining his list of the top-6 picks in the draft from 1990 onward, you'll note that a large number of these picks never amounted to much in the Majors (some none at all) including a few #1 overall picks.

Now, there are extraneous factors that affect draft position for baseball - signability being the primary one. I don't know if OOTP attempts to model this by having draft-eligable players retain "advisors" that are known to be difficult negotiators or anything similar, but we all know this is a factor in the actual draft. Also a factor is the issue of leverage, where H.S. players can use college scholarship offers as ways to negotiate higher signing bonuses, and as such top-rated players may not get drafted as high (or even at all) due to questions about whether they're signable. College juniors to a lesser extent also have some leverage.

Given all this data, it seems relatively clear that first round picks are surer things than later round picks, but even so they are still a big risk to never pan out. Now, assuming the OOTP draft is much shorter in length, you'd probably want to compress those findings a bit to match this reality, so that the upper half of the first round is more likely to produce good prospects than the bottom half and lower rounds.

Another question - is the draft the only means of generating new talent in OOTP, or is there anything that models undrafted free agent signings from places outside the U.S. and Puerto Rico (the areas covered in the draft)?

If the draft is the only way of generating new talent, you need to produce a certain amount of talent in the draft pool in order to maintain a stable balance of player talent in the OOTP universe. The question then becomes the best way to distribute this talent in the draft, how volatile the player development algorithms are and how accurate the scouting reports are on these players.

I haven't played OOTP6 yet - I bought it a couple of weeks ago but held off due primarily to the waiver issue and the lack of a manual. I'd love to start running some tests to get a feel for this myself, but until then I'm relying on others' feedback.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:48 PM   #661
Franklinnoble
Banned

I've been reading "Moneyball" and have been itching to try OOTP 6, but the feedback is keeping me away.

How much of what is in "Moneyball" will be effective in OOTP?

*Edit.... FWIW, I will likely NOT be playing in a multiplayer league.

Last edited by Franklinnoble : 06-15-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #662
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Here's one of the better articles I remember reading - Peter Gammons looks at recent draft history

If you look at the research he did, you'll see that 1st round picks made up the vast majority of pitchers and hitters in last year's All-Star Game, about 1/3 of the rosters.

By the same token, examining his list of the top-6 picks in the draft from 1990 onward, you'll note that a large number of these picks never amounted to much in the Majors (some none at all) including a few #1 overall picks.

Now, there are extraneous factors that affect draft position for baseball - signability being the primary one. I don't know if OOTP attempts to model this by having draft-eligable players retain "advisors" that are known to be difficult negotiators or anything similar, but we all know this is a factor in the actual draft. Also a factor is the issue of leverage, where H.S. players can use college scholarship offers as ways to negotiate higher signing bonuses, and as such top-rated players may not get drafted as high (or even at all) due to questions about whether they're signable. College juniors to a lesser extent also have some leverage.

Given all this data, it seems relatively clear that first round picks are surer things than later round picks, but even so they are still a big risk to never pan out. Now, assuming the OOTP draft is much shorter in length, you'd probably want to compress those findings a bit to match this reality, so that the upper half of the first round is more likely to produce good prospects than the bottom half and lower rounds.

Another question - is the draft the only means of generating new talent in OOTP, or is there anything that models undrafted free agent signings from places outside the U.S. and Puerto Rico (the areas covered in the draft)?

If the draft is the only way of generating new talent, you need to produce a certain amount of talent in the draft pool in order to maintain a stable balance of player talent in the OOTP universe. The question then becomes the best way to distribute this talent in the draft, how volatile the player development algorithms are and how accurate the scouting reports are on these players.

I haven't played OOTP6 yet - I bought it a couple of weeks ago but held off due primarily to the waiver issue and the lack of a manual. I'd love to start running some tests to get a feel for this myself, but until then I'm relying on others' feedback.
I think this supports these kind of numbers in a Top 20 leaderboard:

5 ish from the top 10
5 ish from the rest of the first round
4 ish from the second round
3 ish from the third round
3 ish from round 4 and afterward

To answer your question, there's nothing that models foreign FA signings. To the contrary, players from all over the world appear in the draft as "HS" and "College" players. For the sake of the gameplay balance vs. realism issue, I'd suggest that if the player development/scout error model could produce results similar to those mentioned above on leader boards, we'd be in pretty good shape.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:56 PM   #663
Ben E Lou

Corrected speed numbers for laptop after actually installing the patch to that machine:

Just ran the 2030 season (and if you're unaware, things slow down the farther along you get), and got from 4/1/2030 to 4/1/2031 in 14 minutes and 19 seconds (with generate player HTML turned on.) Probably 9-10 minutes, then, in the early seasons.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:06 PM   #664
Ben E Lou

More on speed, and the numbers that are probably most important to those of us who sim:

laptop (16-team league. P4,2.4Ghz,512MB) sims April 2031 in 1 minute and 32 seconds.
desktop (30 teams, P4,2.8,1GB) sims May 2030 in 1 minutes and 53 seconds.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 06-15-2004 at 05:06 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:48 PM   #665
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Skydog,

Any chance Markus added BABIP (batting average on balls in play) to the pitcher stats pages?

In a DIPS-based game, you'd think that'd be a handy stat to have.

Thanks
CentralMassHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #666
akw4572
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralMassHokie
Skydog,

Any chance Markus added BABIP (batting average on balls in play) to the pitcher stats pages?

Thanks

No, i was hoping for the same thing, but it's not in there.
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #667
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To answer your question, there's nothing that models foreign FA signings. To the contrary, players from all over the world appear in the draft as "HS" and "College" players. For the sake of the gameplay balance vs. realism issue, I'd suggest that if the player development/scout error model could produce results similar to those mentioned above on leader boards, we'd be in pretty good shape.

Yeah, that would be fairly accurate.

Can you imagine though if Jim were to do a baseball sim and he utilized some of his player agent stuff from the most recent FOF releases such that you had something that modeled situations like Mark Prior, Jared Weaver and Stephen Drew? I.e. all draft-eligible players have "advisors" that affect their negotiations if you draft them, and you can develop a reputation with different agents that may help or hinder your signing efforts and how willing the draftee is to hold out or return to school.

I'd love to see players in the draft pool willing to not sign and go to college instead, or if they're juniors, willing to return for another season. Seniors could threaten to play in the independant leagues and then show up the following season as a free agent available to all.

You could also have international scouting as part of your overall budget, and based on how much money you allocated to it, you could find more international free agent prospects to sign, and/or get better scouting reports on them. Or to simplify things, the money you put in this area would determine how many (and how good) were the international players your organization signed.

Man, I get excited just thinking about the possibilities...
Old 06-15-2004, 07:53 PM   #668
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,

Quote:
Man, I get excited just thinking about the possibilities...

Not that kind of excited you preverts...
Old 06-15-2004, 08:37 PM   #669
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Skydog,

Thanks

I'm curious, why would you want this when the DIPS theory says the pitcher has no control or very little control of BABIP?

Wouldn't it be better to have HR allowed for every season and minor leagues?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #670
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

HR allowed would be much more important. It would be interesting though to see what the BABIP is though to see how lucky/unlucky that pitcher was.

That said, given the research Tom Tippett has done I hope Craig and Marcus look into modifying the DIPS engine for the next version to reflect the fact that pitchers do have some control over hits on balls in play.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:25 PM   #671
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
I'm curious, why would you want this when the DIPS theory says the pitcher has no control or very little control of BABIP?

HR Allowed would be great too. But I'd like to have BABIP to see if my pitcher's stellar season is due to luck or him learning how to pitch. It could also be used to help determine how effective team defense is.

It just seems like a logical thing to have, and the stats are right there. Granted, I could calculate it myself, but I'd rather not have to flip back and forth to excel.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:27 PM   #672
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Quote:
That said, given the research Tom Tippett has done I hope Craig and Marcus look into modifying the DIPS engine for the next version to reflect the fact that pitchers do have some control over hits on balls in play.

I need to read Tippett's paper/site again. I remember having some qualms with his analysis the first time, and also remember seeing some fairly respectable SABR folk (maybe TangoTiger) taking issue with some of his finding as well.

Having BABIP displayed (on an individual, team, and league leve) would go along way towards giving us an idea of how DIPS is actually implemented in the game.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:44 AM   #673
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I would rather go with less predictability than more true-to-life.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:55 AM   #674
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
HR Allowed would be great too. But I'd like to have BABIP to see if my pitcher's stellar season is due to luck or him learning how to pitch. It could also be used to help determine how effective team defense is.

It just seems like a logical thing to have, and the stats are right there. Granted, I could calculate it myself, but I'd rather not have to flip back and forth to excel.

I'm with you. I'd like that stat added to the game.

Speaking of batting average on batted balls...since that has been added to the setup screen as part of the numbers we can tweak, what should that number be? Is the default the correct number? Or, after tweaking the numbers, should I hit the claculate button? I've never been sure what to do with that number, what is accurate or represents real life, etc. And since there's no manual...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:30 PM   #675
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm with you. I'd like that stat added to the game.

Speaking of batting average on batted balls...since that has been added to the setup screen as part of the numbers we can tweak, what should that number be? Is the default the correct number? Or, after tweaking the numbers, should I hit the claculate button? I've never been sure what to do with that number, what is accurate or represents real life, etc. And since there's no manual...

Don't ever hit calculate. Henry posted a link over on the OOTP boards to his site that has the exact numbers to use for any season that you want to reproduce.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 11:13 PM   #676
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
The problem, as I understand it, is that Markus is out of room in the database to track any more year-to-year stats. If my understanding is correct, then I hope that there will be a data restructuring for OOTP7.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #677
Schedule Junkie
n00b

I've heard the same thing. Though I wonder if instead it was possible to make an ancilliary database file to hold the stats that can't be held in the main database file due to space constraints. The game then looks up the extra stats in the secondary database file.

I have no idea if this is feasible or not, but it was the first thing I thought of when I heard the main database file is pretty much out of space for more stat items...
Old 06-19-2004, 05:55 AM   #678
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Quote:
The problem, as I understand it, is that Markus is out of room in the database to track any more year-to-year stats. If my understanding is correct, then I hope that there will be a data restructuring for OOTP7.

There are definitely stats I would drop to include HR allowed and BABIP.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:23 AM   #679
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Just glancing at the OOTP boards, I found this old news about OOTP/SI

Quote:
Q: One of the strengths of OOTP is it's customiziation abilities. CM has always gone a different direction. Does that mean that we will lose all the customization in OOTP?
A: The goal is to adapt the best parts of CM (multiple leagues, media, player interaction/personalities and so on), and keeping all the features of OOTP. That included online league play, customization, historical leagues and so on. We have total creative freedom, and we are no big fans of losing features!

My first reaction is that the "best parts of CM" don't necessarily meshes well with an American baseball sim. Does anyone else think that those "best parts" would actually distract from the game? Also, I am concerned as I saw the screenshots of EHM that it would be too Euro or perhaps more accurately, too global. Multiple leagues, like those in Latin America and Japan won't do anything for OOTP, imo. If they want multiple leagues and think that those are "best parts", then have the option of having full scale minor leagues.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 11:43 AM   #680
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Just glancing at the OOTP boards, I found this old news about OOTP/SI

My first reaction is that the "best parts of CM" don't necessarily meshes well with an American baseball sim. Does anyone else think that those "best parts" would actually distract from the game? Also, I am concerned as I saw the screenshots of EHM that it would be too Euro or perhaps more accurately, too global. Multiple leagues, like those in Latin America and Japan won't do anything for OOTP, imo. If they want multiple leagues and think that those are "best parts", then have the option of having full scale minor leagues.

I hope that 'best parts' means some of the player personality and media type interactions.

I agree, if we are going the mulitple league route, the Midwest League is a lot better addition then the Japanese Central League if you ask me.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:57 PM   #681
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
I've found myself testing Puresim a lot lately. I'm trying to make the financials make more sense. I'm getting there - the AI now spends all it's money, I just end up with some good players sitting in free agency even after the season starts.

Hopefully this testing pays off and improves the financial aspect. Then I've got to convince Shaun to improve the aging process, because it's so predictable that it really takes 'risk' out of the equation with a player. I know exactly how 90% of the players are going to age and at what rate their skills will change. Varied aging will improve the game 100%.

Puresim really is a 'pretty' game. The in-game screens and the menus are very nice. I didn't think I would care but I really do like it much better. If you have a crappy machine it will be painful to play a large league, but if you've got a good machine (I tried it on the GF's brand new P4 and wow!) then the speed is fine.

I'm waiting on the 6.03 patch before I do anything with OOTP. I played for a little while longer on 6.01 (6.02 was a solo disaster), but it seems they are focused on fixing the waivers problem which really ended up being a deal breaker for me.

I really play them as two different games. I'm a huge baseball guy and they are easy 1&2 in the rotation for me. I've played a lot more Puresim then say TDCB..... baseball just translates perfectly into the text sim and I get more out of it because of that.

Thanks for the reply. I missed this one for some reason. I'm hoping Puresim gets better upon release as I've been following the message boards. Seeing you there doing all your have done, I knew you were a baseball sim head.

ootp has just been blah after a season or two.. I really want to get back into the game, but Puresim has a chance to get my baseball juices going as well.

I'll keep my eyes open...

Todd
Old 06-22-2004, 06:45 AM   #682
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Thanks for the reply. I missed this one for some reason. I'm hoping Puresim gets better upon release as I've been following the message boards. Seeing you there doing all your have done, I knew you were a baseball sim head.

ootp has just been blah after a season or two.. I really want to get back into the game, but Puresim has a chance to get my baseball juices going as well.

I'll keep my eyes open...

Todd

I think the next version is going to be posted today (release candidate 2) - the list of improvements are up and if the aging patters really are improved that will make a huge difference, that is/was the biggest weakness in the game - too predictible.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:10 AM   #683
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
I think the next version is going to be posted today (release candidate 2) - the list of improvements are up and if the aging patters really are improved that will make a huge difference, that is/was the biggest weakness in the game - too predictible.

Read that last night, I'm hoping you have some good feedback when you get a chance to test RC2.

I'm wanting to play Puresim with a purely fictional universe. Ootp is used with real players and the real mlb setup.

Todd
Old 06-22-2004, 09:53 AM   #684
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Read that last night, I'm hoping you have some good feedback when you get a chance to test RC2.

I'm wanting to play Puresim with a purely fictional universe. Ootp is used with real players and the real mlb setup.

Todd
I think this accurately describes the mindset a person needs to have approaching both games.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:45 AM   #685
Ben E Lou

View First Unread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Today, 06:35 AM #1
Markus Heinsohn
Administrator

*** OOTP 6.03 Patch released! ***

OK, the wait is over

You can get the patch here:
DOWNLOAD 6.03 PATCH

The patch fixes/enhances the following:

- Improved waivers AI. Teams now handle it more carefully (prospects), and also pull players off waivers
if they have no interest in losing them
- Fixed option years counting, in previous versions players had one extra option year (4 instead of 3).
- Fixed Minor league FA toggle, it was reversed.
- Improved game simming speed
- Fixed salary and possible free agent reports. The latter now displays players who have reached 6 years of MLB service
and so are definitely FA at the end of the season.
- Fixed pinch-hit for DH bug
- Improved pitching change logic
- Fixed promotion days importing bug, the game deducted too much cash from teams
- Removed financial figures/options in non-financial leagues
- Tweaked player development to allow slightly more young stars
- Fixed small bugs

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn
- Tweaked player development to allow slightly more young stars
Example from my test league last night. He hit .300 at age 19/20, 200 hits by age 21/22.

#87 William "Chaser" Wallace, Leftfield, 44 yrs, No Team
Tuesday, 10/26/2092
[img]file:///c:/progra~1/outoft~1/ootp6~1/graphics/defaultphoto.bmp[/img]Name :
Nickname :
Birthday :
Height :
Weight :

Position :
Bats :
Throws :
William Wallace
Chaser
7/26/2020
Canada
6"0

Leftfield
L
L
Desire for Winner :
Loyalty :
Team Leader Skills :
Consistency :
Clutch Performance :
Injury Rating :
Overall Rating :
Average
Average
None at all
Good
Normal
Prone
1.0 Stars
Contract & Roster Status
Contract :
Salary :
Signed Through :
Years of MLB Service :
MLB Service Days this Year :
Years on 40-Man Roster :
Years of Pro Service :
Rule 5 Draft Eligibility :
Arbitration Eligibility :
Minor League Option Years :
Minor League Free Agency :
Minor League Contract
-
-
25 Year(s), 129 Days (4429 total Days)
0 Day(s)
25 Year(s), 138 Days (4438 total Days)
28 Year(s)
Inelegible (more than 6 pro years)
Not eligible
1 Option Year(s) left
Not eligible yet.
Ratings
BattingContactGapPowerDiscipline/EyeAvoid K's
Overall73123027
Versus LHP12912327
Versus RHP103233327
Talent143663832
Running & Bunting Ratings
Running Speed :
Stealing Ability :
Baserunning Instincts :
Sacrifice Bunt :
Bunt for Hit :
Hitter Type :

Normal
Fielding Ratings
LF : 55 (Range), .984 (Fielding Pct.)
RF : 63 (Range), .975 (Fielding Pct.)
Catcher Arm : 4
Infield Arm : 60
Outfield Arm : 93
Game Log, Last 10 Games
DateOpp. ResultABRH2B3BHRRBIBBKSpot
Batting Stats 2092
BattingGABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKAVGOBPSLGOPSTAVGISO
BattingGSPAHPIWCIGDPSHSFTBEBHSBCSSB%RCRC/27
ABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSFSHHPAVGOBPSLGOPS
vs. LHP000000000000.000.000.000.000
vs. RHP000000000000.000.000.000.000
Close/Late000000000000.000.000.000.000
Scoring Position000000000000.000.000.000.000
Pinch Hitting000000000000.000.000.000.000
GABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKAVGOBPSLGOPS
Career Batting Stats
YearGABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPSTeams
203710162000012311.125.222.125.347FLO
203813023877114335392023187.324.376.441.817FLO
203943162514142725142694.315.369.426.795FLO
204015154417114198210881833814.314.403.393.797FLO
204115755716915315787659803221.303.370.422.792FLO
2042157609202233157810982854521.332.411.453.864FLO,L2
2043156601200232147512683894833.333.414.448.861FLO
20441576081842622682136891175925.303.392.480.872FLO
204515458618028126104125911234118.307.400.491.892BOS,L1
204615859619330443150141901493118.324.413.6041.017BOS,L1
20471575951591902911498781422819.267.352.445.798BOS
20481565961752154011210782151247.294.379.547.926TOR CLE
20491566271891555313312983155146.301.383.595.978CLE
205015761217923234106134881513715.292.381.503.885CLE
20511595871782144311713584138309.303.390.572.963CLE,L1
20521586121963014612213577116299.320.396.598.994CLE,L1
20531576011862723111111281127137.309.391.516.907CLE,L1
2054156610183241279811369115248.300.371.475.847CLE
20551586132073023611012085106226.338.418.569.988CLE,L1
20561565941992853211311487120299.335.420.561.981CLE,L1
205715660821324441119125821112711.350.428.6051.033CLE,L1
205815762320127136124137941072311.323.411.543.954CLE,L1
20591576202072204515413774110258.334.405.587.992CLE,L1
20601576011831913211597721382711.304.379.499.878NY,L2
20611586091951733811912077133266.320.397.545.942ATL,L2
Total3628136254279521577182478269918242698700304.314.395.519.914
Career Minor League Batting Stats
YearGABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS
2037, A562185881418383450100.266.361.367.728
2037, AA511925152417233041132.266.363.375.738
2037, AAA248424213101420722.286.419.440.860
2064, AAA48671731141271462.254.312.373.685
Old 06-24-2004, 10:47 AM   #686
Ben E Lou

An important addition to waivers: players now must clear waivers before being removed from the 40-man roster.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:16 PM   #687
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Minor league free agent still broken in patch 6.03

the minor league free agent seems broken still..

if you have it enabled in league setting and goto salary reports , the report dont show some minor league players listed as "Minor League FA next year"..

but if you have it disabled in league setting and goto salary report in front office, the report will show some minor league player listed as "Minor League FA next year"

Also the ones that says "Minor league Fa next year" on the salary report and you click on there player card or player html card it shows Minor League Free Agency : Not eligible yet... why the player salary report saying he a minor league free agent next year and the player says not eligible?

check this out and you will see..

Also Markus said "Fixed Minor league FA toggle, it was reversed." for patch 6.03. Now that making me wonder if that was really fix too...
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:03 PM   #688
Ben E Lou

OK....for those who want to examine player development, long-term stability, stats, etc., I have finished the upload of a 51-season league. It can be found at http://www.younglifenorthlake.com/ootp603

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 06-24-2004 at 02:08 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:07 PM   #689
Ksyrup

Page cannot be found
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #690
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Page cannot be found
Typo in link fixed. Retry.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #691
Ksyrup

729 Saves?! I think that's the most I've ever seen in any version of OOTP. And the 2nd place guy has 495. Wow.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #692
Ben E Lou

As of 11/10, #2 viewed thread of all time.