Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2004, 05:31 AM   #1
randal7
H.S. Freshman Team

Multiplayer help

Am interested in joining a MP league. However, I have an irregular work schedule and don't want to join and then let the other players down because I am unable to keep up. What is involved in running a MP team, how long does it take, and how often do you have to do it? (I suppose the last is dependent on the league you're in?)

randal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:28 AM   #2
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I'm not a commish of a league but I think you should start here. Go to each league and check their forums and rules and contact their commissioners. See if you can fit their schedule into your schedule of running a team. You also must look to see if the leagues have any openings. Some are full as of now. You can also check in the this forum for more details.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 11-25-2004 at 07:29 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:16 AM   #3
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

I would recommend the Imperial Football League, they only sim 1 game a week but have a very active core of players. I don't know if they have any openings right now, check out the thread gottimd gave you.

To answer your questions directly, everything really depends on you and the league you're in.
Roster management, setting depth charts and game plans can take as little time as 10-15 minutes per export, or a couple of hours if you scout your opponent in depth.
All in all, not that much time.
However, there is one stage of the game that requires a massive amount of time and dedication, and that's the offseason. You usually have to export every day, and the draft can be very demanding.

Having said all that, I highly recommend playing the game in MP, it is a great experience and a different one than single player.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:19 AM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the recommendation F.F.F.

We are full right now, but randal7 is free to wait around for an open spot. You never know with the offseason, a spot may open.

On just MP, I would agree with just about everything froggies said above me there. You can spend as much or little time as you want doing your exports. And the offseason can become very involved, even with a slow, 1 game a week league like the Imperial League. We will be doing exports just about every day over the next couple weeks starting Saturday as we do FA and the draft.

It is great though, and guys who waited to try it seem to end up falling in love with it in most cases.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #5
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
Thanks for the recommendation F.F.F.

You're most welcome.

I have nearly asked to join the IFL at least 3 times now, but reason got the best of me each time... I'm already in 2 leagues and really have no time for a 3rd, at least not enough tlme to contribute to the level I 'd like to. But I check your website and forum now and then and love your league!
Old 11-25-2004, 09:33 AM   #6
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
You're most welcome.

I have nearly asked to join the IFL at least 3 times now, but reason got the best of me each time... I'm already in 2 leagues and really have no time for a 3rd, at least not enough tlme to contribute to the level I 'd like to. But I check your website and forum now and then and love your league!

Ya, getting in to so many leagues doesn't seem like a bad idea at first, then most guys seem to end up mixing leagues up, or hardly getting involved with any of them.