Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2004, 11:49 PM   #1
Kosta
High School Varsity

OT: FM 2005 and .cfg files (a dummies guide)

In this case I am the dummy.

Long time player of CM/FM... but need a lowdown in basic terms of the changes that can be made to the init.cfg file.

I may have a Chief Rum style exasperation meltdown soon as I too can't get the "DEBUG_MODE" thing to work. If I recall rightly I had "ARSE" working ok a few years ago.

So please, if anyone can post a simple, step-by-step guide as to what changes should be made to the init.cfg file to improve reality, gaming experience, etc, and how it is done, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks

Kosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:52 AM   #2
Router Help

I've been playing the game fine without it, but with everyone having so much trouble with this, I had to try it.

1. Open up init.cfg which is located here for me: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2005\data

2. Under the Chelsea line enter this: "DEBUG_MODE" all caps, in quotes
3. File>save
4. Start a new game

That's it! This doesn't give as much info as the old "ARSE" command used to about your chairman though. When I did this all I could see about my chairman was hist reputation, salary, and a few other things. I couldn't see his temperment our wealth like I could in CM 01/02. I know this worked however, because when I tried "Debug_Mode" in lowercase, I couldn't see anything about my chairman at all. I think the main benefit of this command will be the bad reports that your scouts can now give, and the negative actions that some players might take.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote