Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2004, 04:03 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

5.1 Question: Is it me or do some guys retire sooner?

I seem to be seeing something that I haven't seen in the past, but maybe it is just blind luck. Twice in my Empty Cupboard career I've had mediocre players who have retired while still in the "prime" years: both at age 29. What is interesting, and makes me wonder if this is more than coincidence, is that in both cases, they were guys who had gotten to start as rookies, been mediocre-to-decent for 4-5 years as starters (overall ratings in high 40's/low 50's), then were relegated to a backup role. Both retired immediately after seasons in which they played in all 16 games, but didn't start one. In both cases, they had gotten the opportunity to start as rookies (one for me, one for Minnesota), and had been starters for their entire careers with the exception of the final one. Also in both cases, they performed poorly in their final season, despite half-decent ratings: the RT was 0 for 11 in KRB, and the WR dropped 4 balls our of 33 targets, and only gained 22 YAC in 22 catches for 286 yards and 0 TD's. If this is more than coincidence, I think it is a pretty cool. I don't recall seeing this happen in careers with previous versions. Does anyone have a different recollection, or comment on this?

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:37 AM   #2
Vince
Pro Starter

I haven't been able to mess around with the new patch as much as I want to, but it seems like Jim added a few things that he didn't mention in the updates list -- either that or his fixes listed added a tremendous amount of realism in an indirect fashion. I like it
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
hukarez
College Starter

Ahh, yes. Ricky Williams syndrome maybe? I haven't had anyone from my team retire yet...only in my 3rd season.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:03 AM   #4
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Nope, not a line of code changed in the retirement algorithm. Those players would have had a chance ot retiring in 5.0.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote