Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2004, 11:26 AM   #1
jbmagic
Pro Starter

holdout question

how long can a holdout last...

i draft #1 got a great Dt and he holds out all of preseason and 6 games into regular season so far...

i have a choice of 4 contracts to offer and i pick the highest every week and he says he holding out....i even try the one that highlighted no luck either..

jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

he must not like you then...
Old 11-30-2004, 11:32 AM   #3
jbmagic
Pro Starter

what a jerk..this player is making me mad too..
Old 11-30-2004, 11:32 AM   #4
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Time is endless so theoretically forever.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:34 AM   #5
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
how long can a holdout last...

Are you trying to have sex with your holdouts AGAIN?!?!?!
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:34 AM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Offer option 3 or 4, whichever one is for the most bonus money. Guys want the short, expensive contract a high % of the time.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:41 AM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Remember, from a good, promising player's perpective, what he wants is (1) lots of guaranteed money, and (2) as quick a chance at free agency as possible.

If you're offering the longer term deal, think of it from his perspective -- that's one more year he has to wait until he can get the cash bonanza that is unrestricted fre agency.

What he wants is the shorter term deal with the most money, even if it's worth less, in total, than the longer team deals.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:44 AM   #8
pooryorick
n00b

I typed in "holdout" in the search function. It gave me this: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...light=holdouts

That might help you.

Then I typed in "annoying twit" and it gave me this: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...hp?userid=3461

The search function is fun. Play with it.
pooryorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:47 AM   #9
rkmsuf
Head Coach

that's funny
Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 AM   #10
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Remember, from a good, promising player's perpective, what he wants is (1) lots of guaranteed money, and (2) as quick a chance at free agency as possible.

If you're offering the longer term deal, think of it from his perspective -- that's one more year he has to wait until he can get the cash bonanza that is unrestricted fre agency.

What he wants is the shorter term deal with the most money, even if it's worth less, in total, than the longer team deals.

thanks it work..i pick the 4th option and he accepted....
my fault i was trying to offer him the most money the first or 2nd option most of the time..

what you said makes alot of sense thanks
Old 11-30-2004, 02:04 PM   #11
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Rookies always take the 4th option.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:30 PM   #12
hukarez
College Starter

Has there ever been a time when a Rookie accepted the 1st option? Ever? FOF-wise, that is.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:33 PM   #13
Joe
Pro Starter

I've gotten a few rookies to take the 1st option, but never before the first few weeks of the season.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:29 PM   #14
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

I've gotten a few to take the first option before training camp. I usually offer option 2 then option 4. I'll give up the extra salary cap room to get them into camp on time, it seems to be a pretty equal trade to me.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:47 PM   #15
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooryorick
I typed in "holdout" in the search function. It gave me this: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...light=holdouts

That might help you.

Then I typed in "annoying twit" and it gave me this: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...hp?userid=3461

The search function is fun. Play with it.

This is the second or third thread I've seen some smart comment directed at a newbie (though I'm not sure how new jbmagic is) asking a question about the game. I realize we have a lot of inside jokes on this board and people have to be around to start getting those (and hence really become a part of the community). However, aren't we doing the board, the game and, to some extent, Jim a disservice by smarting off to someone asking legitimate questions about the game.

Sure, someone could read a help file or search the board and probably figure this out on their own, but someone could also do a google search for consumer reviews of blackberries (sorry, Quik, that's just what came to mind) or anything else that gets asked around here.

Instead, why don't we want to answer newbs' questions, thus sparking more interest in the game, possibly securing a few more purchases, and ensuring that Solecismic Software stays in business for our future gaming enjoyment? Sure, that's looking way down the line, but do we have to draw a laugh at a new person's detriment every chance we get? (This may be unnecessary, as I do realize jbmagic has asked a number of questions like this...but still don't we want new players excited about the game?)
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #16
primelord
Pro Rookie

What he said.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #17
jbmagic
Pro Starter

thanks

i am again sorry i ask alot of questions about FOF...i know FOF been out for a long time and i just purchase this game fof 5.1 last week ...i am way behind the experience people here..and probably they get tire of my questions.

i do read the help file (f1) and read the fof sticky in the forum...

but sometimes i am not fully clear , so i ask in this forum....if people are going to do rude remarks, then maybe i should stop asking and if i get stuck or dont understand something maybe i stop playing FOF.

i ask questions because i really care about FOF..this game is awesome...

and i am sure there othere newbies that just purchase fof 5.1 and probably scare to ask questions because they see some people rude comments when i ask...

if you dont like i ask questions, then please dont reply in the thread and try to embarrassed me.. thanks

again i am sorry

Last edited by jbmagic : 11-30-2004 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:59 PM   #18
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Red face

Quote:
thanks

i am again sorry i ask alot of questions about FOF...i know FOF been out for a long time and i just purchase this game fof 5.1 last week ...i am way behind the experience people here..and probably they get tire of my questions.

but sometimes i am not fully clear , so i ask in this forum....if people are going to do rude remarks, then maybe i should stop asking and if i get stuck or dont understand something maybe i stop playing FOF.

and i am sure there othere newbies that just purchase fof 5.1 and probably scare to ask questions because they see some people rude comments when i ask...

again i am sorry

Don't worry about him, jb ... that guys a goof
Old 11-30-2004, 04:50 PM   #19
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

What's funny is that a guy with 13 posts makes fun of a guy with 423 posts. Not that post count matters, I think it's just funny that in about 3 years of being a member, he's posted about jbmagic several times.

jbmagic, the best way you'll learn (other than actually playing the game) is to read QuikSand's dynasties. Do a search in the dynasty forum, you'll learn alot and see the game from a whole new perspective.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:42 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
This is the second or third thread I've seen some smart comment directed at a newbie (though I'm not sure how new jbmagic is) asking a question about the game. I realize we have a lot of inside jokes on this board and people have to be around to start getting those (and hence really become a part of the community). However, aren't we doing the board, the game and, to some extent, Jim a disservice by smarting off to someone asking legitimate questions about the game.

Sure, someone could read a help file or search the board and probably figure this out on their own, but someone could also do a google search for consumer reviews of blackberries (sorry, Quik, that's just what came to mind) or anything else that gets asked around here.

Instead, why don't we want to answer newbs' questions, thus sparking more interest in the game, possibly securing a few more purchases, and ensuring that Solecismic Software stays in business for our future gaming enjoyment? Sure, that's looking way down the line, but do we have to draw a laugh at a new person's detriment every chance we get? (This may be unnecessary, as I do realize jbmagic has asked a number of questions like this...but still don't we want new players excited about the game?)

Well said.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:10 PM   #21
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
thanks

if you dont like i ask questions, then please dont reply in the thread and try to embarrassed me.. thanks

again i am sorry

Don't ever be sorry, jbmagic. In fact, some of your nooB questions are actually ones I don't know.

I also don't thing anyone is trying to be rude, just funny. There's a broad scope of people here and you'll get 15 different answers for one question. Some serious and some humorous.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:20 PM   #22
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ologist
What's funny is that a guy with 13 posts makes fun of a guy with 423 posts. Not that post count matters, I think it's just funny that in about 3 years of being a member, he's posted about jbmagic several times.

jbmagic, the best way you'll learn (other than actually playing the game) is to read QuikSand's dynasties. Do a search in the dynasty forum, you'll learn alot and see the game from a whole new perspective.

thanks

yep i am reading quiksand dynasty new one he doing for 5.1 and skydog dynasty for 5.1...i like it alot...i learning alot from reading them..

and thanks for the supports guys... appreciate it alot...