Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-23-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
PilotMan
Head Coach

So I just finished shoveling snow for 4 1/2 hours.

Good God I am sore and tired. Do not want to do that again any time soon. Must have been 14 inches at least with a layer of ice on top.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
Franklinnoble
Banned

4 1/2 hours of my time = worth investing in a snow blower
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 12:26 PM   #3
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

worth investing in a snow blower = half hour to get rid of snow
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 12:34 PM   #4
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan
Good God I am sore and tired. Do not want to do that again any time soon. Must have been 14 inches at least with a layer of ice on top.

Hey, me too pilot man.......I must live close to you. It sucked. And just a side note.......not sure a snow blower would have helped, there was so much ice underneath the first 6 inches of snow.......then about 4 inches of snow under that.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 12-23-2004 at 12:36 PM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:27 PM   #5
tripps04
n00b

Pilotman, me to we live around the same area, the hard part was the snow on top was so hard I had to break it up before trying to move it. What a day, good thing is I have the time off work, (Broken rigth hand)
tripps04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

4 1/2 hours of time = wait for sun
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:54 PM   #7
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
4 1/2 hours of time = wait for sun

Unfortunately, even with the sun it isn't going to melt. High temps today are 20, and temps not over 32 until the first part of next week when we are scheduled to get to 50.

I was supposed to go to work around 1pm today, but the airport is hurting. My first 4 flights were cancelled. I don't think I have to go to work until around 1030p, and even that is in jeopardy.

Like Steam?

Old 12-23-2004, 03:16 PM   #8
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Hang loose at the house and play FOF.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:20 PM   #9
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

4 1/2 hours? Are you built like Screech?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:20 PM   #10
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

quick question PilotMan: How often do you get them 14 inches of snow in a Winter?

Around here, I'd say a few times a year, making the snow blower investment a very good one, but if it happens once about every three years, then the investment isn't as good...

FM
Old 12-23-2004, 03:46 PM   #11
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
4 1/2 hours? Are you built like Screech?

On the contrary, I was the only one who didn't take a break. This was some heavy, wet, icy snow. Actually shoveled more than we had because the snow in the middle of the drive, and between the cars had to be shoveled into a pile, to be shoveled into another pile, to be piled onto the grass. I have snow piles reaching almost 5 seet tall!

Like Steam?

Old 12-23-2004, 03:49 PM   #12
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
quick question PilotMan: How often do you get them 14 inches of snow in a Winter?

Around here, I'd say a few times a year, making the snow blower investment a very good one, but if it happens once about every three years, then the investment isn't as good...

FM

This is the most that I have seen at one time in the two years here. Usually we get a lot of snow/rain mix and ice. Especially for a renter, a snowblower doesn't make sense. Take that from a boy who grew up in North Dakota. We know what real snowblowers are there!

Like Steam?

Old 12-23-2004, 03:52 PM   #13
G-Man
High School JV

We get 14 inches or more of snow (at one time) about twice a decade. When we do it totally shuts down The greater Seattle Area.

The last such storm was in 1996 (over 14 inches on the West Side of Washington). So I guess we are due.

We do have a chance of snow on Sunday. Though I hate when we only get a trace and some ice. People do not know how to drive in that stuff up here. Allot of it has to do with all the hills and curves we live on. I am kind of hoping that it snows big on Sunday (8 inches or more) and I get to stay home with my lovely wife and my good friend Dell! Sometimes i think my wife is a little jealous of Dell. She told me that he could no longer share the bed with us..... So it's either great sex or FOF/TCY/OOTP6/TPB2005......what is a man to do?

Hmm, I suppose play during the day and sex at night.....ahhh MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-23-2004, 06:17 PM   #14
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan
This is the most that I have seen at one time in the two years here. Usually we get a lot of snow/rain mix and ice. Especially for a renter, a snowblower doesn't make sense. Take that from a boy who grew up in North Dakota. We know what real snowblowers are there!

Oh, I absolutely agree. Weird though, around here, pretty much every lease agreement you'll find have the snow retrieval at the charge of the owner, not the renter.

FM
Old 12-23-2004, 06:46 PM   #15
korme
Go Reds

My friend has a plow.

He has made over $1000 EASY today man....... he'd just go to a house, and people would walk outside and right there ask if they could be next, $50 per driveway.. he's just rolling in the dough right now.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:09 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

When I was 16, my uncle bought a plow and he and I used to do that as well. We charged 50 dollars back in the day (about 14 years ago.) One bad storm we made 1000 dollars.. each.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:57 PM   #17
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

There was some invisible snow shield around Lexington, Kentucky. Not too far west of us they got upwards of 14 inches. Yet here were just have a thin layer of snow on top of some ice.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #18
Craptacular
College Starter

Send some snow my way. Thanks.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote