Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #51
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
or you can enter the USFL where right up front I let you knwo its a dictatorship and I reserve the right to make any decisions that I feel are in the best interest of the future of the league including voiding trades. I do take input but I make it clear that it is input only and the final decision(s) rest on my shoulders...I guess you have to have a commish you can trust...ive seen episodes that lead one to believe that some commishe's may not be so.

I actually like this approach, provided you don't have a team in the league. If you do, it's still workable, but can get hairy - trust becomes even more important then and problems could arise. You could be using perfectly honest judgement in your decisions but the perception could be that your decisions are tainted by training to do what benefits your team the most.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #52
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I actually like this approach, provided you don't have a team in the league. If you do, it's still workable, but can get hairy - trust becomes even more important then and problems could arise. You could be using perfectly honest judgement in your decisions but the perception could be that your decisions are tainted by training to do what benefits your team the most.

I generally like this approach as well, but have had one bad experience with it.

In a fantasy football league, I had the commish reject a trade not because it wasn't fair, but because it "made my team too powerful". He pretty much stated that he rejected it because I was his main competition for the league title and he didn't think he could beat me if he let it go through. I waived my entire team immediately after that conversation...
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #53
KWhit
Coordinator

That's why I like having a commish that doesn't have a team involved.

Thanks, VPI!

Old 03-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #54
jeronemitchell
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
So no trades can happen without shopping every player involved? That sounds like extreme overkill to me.

Nonono... it's only the initiator of the trade. You'll have players in a trade that have not been shopped, but someone from the trade on one side must be available. This will almost always be the "centerpiece" of the trade, from what has occurred practically.

To be honest, though, it is SMARTER to shop everyone. That way, you get the most for your guys.
jeronemitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #55
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

Well considering my record and my ":void"ing of one of my own trades (I made the offer as a joke and Cringer took it - shocking me and eventually I reworked it to be more even DESPITE most owners saying it should stay) I think I have my fraternity's trust BUT my point is the comissioner must have the right and ability to do what is right (ive used this when having to do rewinds cuz im not the best at computer-ness).

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:04 PM   #56
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah. I wasn't questioning your honesty, just pointing out that there is always a danger that other owners may wonder if a commish's decisions are influenced.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #57
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah. I wasn't questioning your honesty, just pointing out that there is always a danger that other owners may wonder if a commish's decisions are influenced.

i agree, which is why WIG should never be making even"iffy" trades, OR just hand the reigns over to someone else and simply be a GM...then wheel and deal, under the league rules, til he's blue in the face.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #58
KWhit
Coordinator

Agreed. If you have a team and you're the commish, you are held to a higher standard than others.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #59
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
i agree, which is why WIG should never be making even"iffy" trades, OR just hand the reigns over to someone else and simply be a GM...then wheel and deal, under the league rules, til he's blue in the face.
Yeah, but that isn't even a real league, is it?
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:46 PM   #60
KWhit
Coordinator

Ouch.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:50 PM   #61
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Just wait until I send Conti and 6 first round draft picks for Thad.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:57 PM   #62
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Just wait until I send Conti and 6 first round draft picks for Thad.
Yeah, but that's a fair trade.

Seriously...it's Thad.

VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:05 PM   #63
KWhit
Coordinator

And Conti sucks.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:06 PM   #64
KWhit
Coordinator

Dola -

I mean, 7 INTs??? Please!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:08 PM   #65
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Dola -

I mean, 7 INTs??? Please!

The funny thing is he talked about "rewriting the record book" before that game. I had no idea that's what he had in store.

That gameplan seemed like a good idea at the time....

In a more on-topic sense, this is why i'm incredibly grateful we have a non-owner as Commissiioner.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:08 PM   #66
KWhit
Coordinator

Agreed.