Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Two FM Questions

Sorry to start another thread on this topic but I have two questions about the game.

1)What are considered good ratings for a category? Obviously it depends on what league you're playing in, but what's the difference between a good passer in conference and the Premiere League and doesn't anyone have any general guidelines they use. Like if I'm coaching a conference side, what type of numerical ratings should a player have in crossing if I tell him to cross often, or passing if I want him to play through balls often.

2)Has anyone played as just an international manager and if so, how did you like it?

Thanks

lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Desnudo
Coordinator

It's hard to say exactly, because combinations of stats can create a good player. Like someone with good teamwork, decisions and creativity would probably be a good passer, even if their technical stat wasn't that great. Judging how someone will play at the conference level has always been something of a crapshoot for me since it's hard to get a relative gauge of how good those bad attributes are. Usually I just throw someone in and see how they do.

As a rule of thumb, I usually focus on finding physically talented players for conference level play. As you climb to the top league, you want to find players with tech., phys., and mental.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #3
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
1)What are considered good ratings for a category? Obviously it depends on what league you're playing in, but what's the difference between a good passer in conference and the Premiere League and doesn't anyone have any general guidelines they use. Like if I'm coaching a conference side, what type of numerical ratings should a player have in crossing if I tell him to cross often, or passing if I want him to play through balls often.
Generally speaking in the Premiership 16+ ratings in an attribute are 'good' in the Conference North '10+' is very good ...

Generally Conference level teams play a much more physical game than higher up in the divisions and its even possible to find some players who won't perform at the lower levels well because they're 'light weight' but are technical enough to 'cut it' higher up the pyramid.

Quote:
2)Has anyone played as just an international manager and if so, how did you like it?
Yeah - its cool, but now we've fixed you being able to call your entire team up to the international squad its not quite so much 'fun' for me

(I used to have an England team with 20+ players from my club side )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:17 PM   #4
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I haven't played "just" as an international manager...but in my last game I was the manager of Blackpool and Team USA. I had a good time trying to compete...but what I didn't have loaded up in that particular game was players from the USA. I was playing a England-only game and so I'd only have 25-30 players from the USA to choose from at all times. It really made it difficult when injuries would occur. There was one situation where I didn't have enough players to fill out the minimum required and the game wouldn't let me continue. So I finally fixed the problem by going on holiday for 1 or 2 days just to cycle past the sticking point.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #5
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I am curious, in international play
1) How do you get to be a manager if you don't choose the international team from the beginning?
2) Do you have to have a nationality of that country to be choosen?
3) Can you call up whoever?
4) Can you manage a national and club team at the same time?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #6
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
I am curious, in international play
1) How do you get to be a manager if you don't choose the international team from the beginning?
2) Do you have to have a nationality of that country to be choosen?
3) Can you call up whoever?
4) Can you manage a national and club team at the same time?

1) After a certain level of success you just get an email from the National team asking if you'd like to manage them.
2) No.
3) Yes? You have a pool of players available to you and then you can choose whoever you'd like. (Although in my game I was the USA coach but I did not choose the MLS to run in the backround so pool was very very limited.)
4) Yes.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #7
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Thanks...
Is the game pretty true to real-life in the style of each league? English teams are more physical and rugged, and Italian and Spanish teams aren't as physically gifted, but are more technical? I'm not sure on the big European other leagues, and the styles they play (France, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal).
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:08 AM   #8
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks...
Is the game pretty true to real-life in the style of each league? English teams are more physical and rugged, and Italian and Spanish teams aren't as physically gifted, but are more technical? I'm not sure on the big European other leagues, and the styles they play (France, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal).

The players are accurately modeled and the coaches have style preferences, so you do see a reflection of different strategies in the various leagues.

From the other post, you can also directly apply for an international job once it becomes vacant.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:04 AM   #9
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Thanks...
Yes ... and indeed between the levels in a country you'll find different styles of play (eg. the English lower levels are VERY physical compared to the Premiership).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #10
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
3) Yes? You have a pool of players available to you and then you can choose whoever you'd like. (Although in my game I was the USA coach but I did not choose the MLS to run in the backround so pool was very very limited.)

to counter that, you can retain the players from USA with the RETAIN_NATION command in the DDT file, or from within the game when starting a new game. I usually do retain at least Canada and USA, if only to give me a chance to manage them at some point if I so want to...

FM