Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Go Zags!

They're ahead of Cincy in the second half. Just thought it'd be nice to have a lighter topic around.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 01:06 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Oh shit, that's right - games are on!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 01:11 PM   #3
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Smile

I can't believe that Cincy may fold in the tourny!
Old 03-20-2003, 01:12 PM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I almost picked Holy Cross - and they almost won. I also picked NC State and Gonzaga.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-20-2003 at 01:41 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 02:26 PM   #5
korme
Go Reds

Kodos, is there a team in Cincinnati you don't root against? Good God, I hate you.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 04:13 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Kodos, is there a team in Cincinnati you don't root against? Good God, I hate you.

Shorty: Nope, I pretty much root against them all. My specific distaste for the Bearcats stems from an annoying friend who liked them and always spouted off about them and how they would beat IU. That, and many seasons ago, I remember they had a guy who would just launch shots from wherever on the court, rather than trying to execute a play or at least select a better shot. Can't think of his name at the moment. Maybe it was Van Exel? Anyhow, I didn't like him, and have never liked the Bearcats.

Again, I have to wonder why you care who I like. Not everyone is going to like the teams you like. It's a fact of life. Accept it. Plenty of people hate teams I like, such as IU, the Dolphins (including me now), Penn State, Florida State, the Broncos, etc. That's fine with me. Maybe the trick for you is to stop caring if others don't like Cincinnati teams. Because the mockery will never stop as long as the Bengals are owned by Mike Brown.

Aren't there more important things to worry about these days than whether some guy on a message board dislikes the teams that you like? Is that really a reason to hate someone?

Last edited by Kodos : 03-20-2003 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:44 PM   #7
korme
Go Reds

Yes, it is good enough for me. It's like you have a personal angst with my city, and you love to share with others your anti-Cincinnati love, and it pisses me off.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:46 PM   #8
korme
Go Reds

Wasn't Van Exel, it was Lazelle "The Gun Slinger" Durden. Probably the hardest worker ever under Huggins.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:59 PM   #9
scooper
College Benchwarmer

C'mon Kodos. Every team? You're more than welcome to jump on the Xavier band wagon.

Nice to see Huggs cost his thugs a game today. Real class by Chuck Maishock (sp?) as well.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 06:10 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

Actually, I'm sure it was Van Exel.

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but Cinncinattii just isn't my kind of town, and the Bengals certainly aren't my kind of team. There are plenty of others who make comments about your teams besides just me. If you choose to focus on my comments and take them personally, and if you dislike me because of that, it is honestly no great loss for me. Frankly, I'm tired of you too. Why don't we just agree to ignore each other from here on out? That'd be fantastic.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:11 PM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

Is Xavier in Cincy? I have no problem with them.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:23 PM   #12
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Is Xavier in Cincy? I have no problem with them.

Yes it is. In fact, one could say when it comes to basketball, Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati. At least when their record vs UC the last decade is concerned. (Just ribbin ya Shorty.)
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote