Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

She Got The 300 Ring !!!!!

My 13 year old daughter has been talking trash all year, calling me Pops, Old Man and stuff on the bowling lanes. About two weeks ago I told her to "put up or shut up" in a her youth league. To which she replied with a perfect game. 300 !!!!!

So now I'm really getting harassed !!!!! She will be walking around with a Honors 14k Gold 300 ring as a result of her performance. To make matters worse, she did it with one of my old 15 pound balls that I didn't like the way it reacted. Now I get "you just didn't know what to do with it, POPS "

Marc

mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

HA HA. Enjoy your emasculation.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Awesome. If I were her I would show you the ring and say "eat it" then walk away!

J/k
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
Awesome. If I were her I would show you the ring and say "eat it" then walk away!

J/k

You guys are not really helping the male ego at all. I just hope her head stays on straight. She finished the second half of the season with a 179 average, which is a little deflated due to her playing AAU basketball (no bowling practice time).

Nothing like watching a 13 year old girl crank a 15 pound ball over 17 mph down the lane with more revs than most boys 5 years her older can handle. She can really turn a ball for her age.

Lets see, so far this week I have been told:

1) "I guess I have to give you your ball back now"
2) "Maybe if you concentrate you will do better"
3) "Focus, your just chucking the ball down the lane"
4) "No, I am not getting the ring to fit my thumb"

and my all time favorite

4) "You will never be able to beat this score" !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That's pretty great.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:32 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

179, that's my brother's average. He turns 30 next week.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:37 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If I get 179 over the course of three games I'm going nuts.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
sabotai
General Manager

I think my best score was 154 or 155. Something like that. I usually bowl maybe once or twice a year. It was something that I was usually good at, but never had interest enough to do it once a week.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:33 PM   #9
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I think bowling has such a great appeal in that respect. No matter what, your daughter has bowled as perfectly as ANYONE can bowl in that one game... that's just awesome, IMHO.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:47 AM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure she'll let you carry her bag when she turns pro in a few years.

Excellent job by her, great accomplishment.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:25 AM   #11
Vince
Pro Starter

Fantastic! Congratulations to her.

Earlier this season, there was a tournament that occupied the lanes before our league started. One of the men in the tournament bowled a 300 game, and it was great to watch. There were tons of people there, and everyone gathered 'round...the cheer when he threw his 12th consecutive strike was phenomenal -- and his reaction was great. He knew as soon as he let the ball go that he was good for it. It was really cool.

Personally, your daughter has my by a single pin in average -- I'll take solace in the fact that I can throw my 15 pound ball faster than she can
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:06 AM   #12
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson
You guys are not really helping the male ego at all. I just hope her head stays on straight. She finished the second half of the season with a 179 average, which is a little deflated due to her playing AAU basketball (no bowling practice time).

Nothing like watching a 13 year old girl crank a 15 pound ball over 17 mph down the lane with more revs than most boys 5 years her older can handle. She can really turn a ball for her age.

Lets see, so far this week I have been told:

1) "I guess I have to give you your ball back now"
2) "Maybe if you concentrate you will do better"
3) "Focus, your just chucking the ball down the lane"
4) "No, I am not getting the ring to fit my thumb"

and my all time favorite

4) "You will never be able to beat this score" !!!!!!!!!
I see $$$$$$ Live Vicariously you girly girl!!!! Live Vicariously!
Old 05-20-2005, 04:27 AM   #13
Danny
Head Coach

I averaged 185 when I was 13, but never had the perfect game. I stopped bowling around then when my parents split up and have only bowled a few times in the last 8 years.

The odd thing about me is 99% of bowlers with that average or higher use the lane arrows. I never did, I simply bowled by feel.

Last edited by Danny : 05-20-2005 at 04:28 AM.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:24 AM   #14
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
If I get 179 over the course of three games I'm going nuts.

No doubt, though I once bowled a 189 when I was in a league. My best ever game by far...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:38 AM   #15
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I've been bowling for about 7 years rather rigorously. Will actually be entering my first regional pro tour events this summer (assuming a back problem permits). This is an amazing accomplishment for someone of any age, boy or girl. Congratulations to her and be sure that 10 years from now she still recognizes the significance.

Regards,
Chas
Chas in Cinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #16
wishbone
High School JV

Tell her that you made a deal with the owner of the bowling alley to put extra wax or whatever on the sides of the lane forcing her ball into position regardless of what she did. Maybe when she is 18 or so you can tell her that you made it all up because you were afraid of her trying to take your place as the best bowler in the family.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #17
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Drickman
I averaged 185 when I was 13, but never had the perfect game. I stopped bowling around then when my parents split up and have only bowled a few times in the last 8 years.

The odd thing about me is 99% of bowlers with that average or higher use the lane arrows. I never did, I simply bowled by feel.

Don't feel alone, she and I both focus on the dots at the foul line. I am trying to get her to focus a little farther down the lane to help with her spares. She definitely bowls by feel.

Last edited by mtolson : 05-20-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #18
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone
Tell her that you made a deal with the owner of the bowling alley to put extra wax or whatever on the sides of the lane forcing her ball into position regardless of what she did. Maybe when she is 18 or so you can tell her that you made it all up because you were afraid of her trying to take your place as the best bowler in the family.

Now that's funny.

I still bowl with a 8 pound ball.

But I am good with it! 121 top score bitches!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:09 AM   #19
bossfan2000
n00b

Back when i was bowling in a league, i had around a 180 avg. But that was 3-4 years ago..since then, i only bowl a couple of times a year. Not sure why, i really enjoy it and miss doing it. I think if i knew someone to join a league with, I would get back into it.

I did have a 298 in my last league..thats the closest I am sure I will ever get to a perfect game. I was lucky though, i think half my strikes where brooklyn style..

I also just bowl by feel. When i do miss, i think its due to the fact i messed up the release point, instead of not lining up the arrows properly.

And, i dont have one of those big sweeping hooks. I start on the right side, throw down the right side, and let it hook left. So i guess I bowl a half-hook
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote