Old 05-23-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
Blackadar
Retired

WoW Ninja Loot Video (funny)

(video)
hxxp://files.filefront.com/ninjad;3855143;/fileinfo.html
hxxp://games.tr0nix.net/wow/xxninja.wmv
hxxp://hhga.net/wow/xxninja.WMV

hxxp://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=3224889&P=1 (WoW forum)

hxxp://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-realm-arthas&T=87670&P=1 (WoW realm forum)

Spoilers/Backstory Below

From what I can gather, this rogue joined a guild and went on a raid with them. One of the best rogue weapons drops in the raid and they let a hunter have it instead. This is bad - a Hunter with the "Deathstalker" weapon is pretty absurd - it's a rogue weapon and many try for months to get it.

Instead of quitting the guild, the rogue plots his revenge. I think he managed to convince the guild leader to let him "borrow" an account so he could go on more raids...and that's where the video picks up.

EDITED: Made video easier to find.

Last edited by Blackadar : 05-23-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

where is the video?

edit, found it.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 05-23-2005 at 12:55 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #3
rkmsuf
Head Coach

could that girl be more annoying.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
where is the video?

edit, found it.
Where?

edit, found it as well.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 05-23-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Where?

edit, found it as well.

hxxp://files.filefront.com/ninjad;3855143;/fileinfo.html
Old 05-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #6
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Not being a WoWer, can't say that I understand what's going on . . . somebody care to explain?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
One of the best rogue weapons drops in the raid and they let a hunter have it instead. This is bad - a Hunter with the "Deathstalker" weapon is pretty absurd - it's a rogue weapon and many try for months to get it.

Assuming this guild had a raid points system (like 90% of raid guilds do), then it is the person with the most points who wants the item. No exceptions. One of the main reasons for a raid point system is to avoid the scenarios of, such and such item is best for such and such class, you can't use your points on the item because we want you to play your hunter a specific way and so on. If a hunter wants to be stupid and use his points on an item thats better for a rogue, then let him. He wont be getting that purple gun/ epic helm/ whatever then. This is also assuming the points system is fair, if it isn't, then the blame is on the person who joined the guild with the crappy system.

Now, if there was no points system, then I agree that a rogue should get the dagger . Still, on my server people who are caught ninjaing like this or blackballed from the server.

Last edited by Danny : 05-23-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Drickman
Assuming this guild had a raid points system (like 90% of raid guilds do), then it is the person with the most points who wants the item. No exceptions. One of the main reasons for a raid point system is to avoid the scenarios of, such and such item is best for such and such class, you can't use your points on the item because we want you to play your hunter a specific way and so on. If a hunter wants to be stupid and use his points on an item thats better for a rogue, then let him. He wont be getting that purple gun/ epic helm/ whatever then. This is also assuming the points system is fair, if it isn't, then the blame is on the person who joined the guild with the crappy system.

Now, if there was no points system, then I agree that a rogue should get the dagger . Still, on my server people who are caught ninjaing like this or blackballed from the server.

I went through the forums...no DKPs or anything like that.

Raven, here's the gist.

The player ("Bob") joined a guild and went on some raids. They gave a weapon that dropped (it's a rare drop) that should have been rightfully Bobs to another player. Bob plans revenge.

He gets in good graces with the guild and borrows a Guild Leaders' account. He waits until they kill one of the hardest bosses in the game and then rushes up and steals all the items on the boss (it's called ninja looting). He then quits the guild in front of everyone, joins another guild and leaves. In the middle of the dungeon.

Then apparently he gets on the borrowed account, deletes all the items and then deletes the character. After pelting other members of the ex-guild with snowballs (to add insult to injury).

At least that's what I gathered.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #9
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, seriously, you have to be pretty stupid to give account access to some random fool on the internet. Some of the officers in my guild have access to each other's accounts, but they are all real life friends. I imagine knowing that you can drive a couple blocks and beat the crap out of someone if necessary adds an element of trust. Sounds like all parties involved are a bunch of bafoons. Thank goodness they aren't on Earthen Ring.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #10
Danny
Head Coach

There was a pretty funny situation with a player on Earthen Ring. This is a guy who before the incident I grouped with once. I realized how stupid he was and added him to my ignore list. He is the only guy I ever put on there. Anyway, like a week ago, he lost the roll for his rare class set chest piece. He then ninjaed that and other blues that dropped, left the party and hearthed out.

Some of the people involved (a couple of which are in my guild) posted screenshots and validated the information on the forum. This guy (Cyax) then posted that he was going to report these people to Blizzard for harassment, lol. Now, Cyax has been blackballed from being in any guild or getting any raid groups and has now quit the game. I imagine RP server treat people who Ninja much worse than the same on other servers as there is more of a community feel.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:08 PM   #11
sabotai
General Manager

My guild has a raid points system, but there's no way they'd let a hunter get that weapon over a rogue. That guild deserved it. That's right, go kill yourself, bitch.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 03:15 PM   #12
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
My guild has a raid points system, but there's no way they'd let a hunter get that weapon over a rogue.

We don't have any rules in place, it is most points gets the item. With that said, we have never had a situation where someone wanted an item that really wasn't meant for them. But our guild is pretty intelligent. See, since it is most points, by the time someone gets enough points to actually get an item, an idiot would be weeded out at that point. We sometimes have a hard enough time convincing people to spend points on items actually meant for their class . That said, if somehow some shaman asked for rogue leather, I am sure after 15 seconds of laughter, he would be told to piss off or booted from guild.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #13
Danny
Head Coach

BTW, do you know the name of the dagger? I am curious.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #14
Blackadar
Retired

Felstriker

hxxp://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=12590
Old 05-23-2005, 04:43 PM   #15
Danny
Head Coach

Hah, cant believe they gave that to a hunter. When you first posted you said deathstalker, which I had never heard of, so thought maybe it was a decent hunter dagger as the guild has had the best rogue daggers drop. Then I realized there was no deathstalker, so I asked for the name

Last edited by Danny : 05-23-2005 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:54 PM   #16
Blackadar
Retired

It used to be called Deathstriker, but was recently renamed.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #17
Karim
College Starter

I feel like I just entered another dimension...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #18
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Nerds.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote