Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #51
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Another question: where can you see the Conference Team of the Week?

I don't think these exist at the Conference level either. I get an email announcing who on my team has been selected for the week. If you don't get an email like that, there may not be a team of the week at the conference level. If you wanna check, I think it's under "award" on the league screen i.e. same screen where you see the league table.

Quote:
And I feel your pain on not being able to transfer players in for the Premiership past the window. But then, that's just an added level of challenge, no?

The thing is everybody in the league has the same limitations, it's simply a pain to have to deal with a deadline. Makes for very busy months of August and January, when you really want to make a transfer happen...

Quote:
And another question to tack on to the one above... with regards to getting named a national coach, can you only get hired as the coach of the countries you have leagues for in the game, or can you get hired to head up other countries as well?

as far as I know, you can coach the national team of any country, that their league is active or not. If it's a small country, if the league isn't active, there may not be enough players to make the Nat team manageable, but that would be the only reason. For example, Italy, Spain, England, these countries are all manageable on the Nat team level, no matter if you set their league as active or not, since there are many players from these countries anyway...

FM

FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #52
Izulde
Head Coach

Up against 12th ranked Welling next; we're 7th. I'm sorely tempted to take on the vacant Weymouth job, as they're in 3rd and presumably would have some money to be able to make some moves.. Maybe even transfer in some of my favourite players from this team like say, oh, Nightingale, Budd, and Wright

GK: Stone
DL: Birmingham
DC: Rutherford
DR: Piper
DMC: Breach
ML: Singh
MC: Beck
MR: Wright
AMC: Budd
FC: Nightingale
FC: Watson

It's all square at null at half.

And 0-0 is what it ends up at. Watson wins Man of the Match, though I really think it should have gone to Welling's keeper, who did a phenomenal job of shutting us down. We move back up to 6th as a result of the point.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #53
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
I don't think these exist at the Conference level either. I get an email announcing who on my team has been selected for the week. If you don't get an email like that, there may not be a team of the week at the conference level. If you wanna check, I think it's under "award" on the league screen i.e. same screen where you see the league table.

The thing is everybody in the league has the same limitations, it's simply a pain to have to deal with a deadline. Makes for very busy months of August and January, when you really want to make a transfer happen...

as far as I know, you can coach the national team of any country, that their league is active or not. If it's a small country, if the league isn't active, there may not be enough players to make the Nat team manageable, but that would be the only reason. For example, Italy, Spain, England, these countries are all manageable on the Nat team level, no matter if you set their league as active or not, since there are many players from these countries anyway...

FM

Thanks again for all the help

Old 05-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #54
Izulde
Head Coach

September 16th, 2004 is a date that will go down in memory.

For the first time ever under Manager Tim Moungey's reign..... WE GOT A PLAYER TO TRANSFER IN!!!!

DL Lee Parker was formerly slumming it on Conference National Exeter's Reserves. A good tackler who works his ass off and has great chemistry with his teammates, he'll displace David Birmingham in the starting lineup. I'm really excited about this 19 year old kid.

In addition, Weymouth hired an Irish bloke as Manager two days after I almost decided to apply for it. Since then, their new head has gone psycho with transferring players in.

Old 05-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #55
Izulde
Head Coach

Thurrock is our next league competition opposition. They're 5th, so they'll be a good litmus test of just how good we are right now, I think.

DL: Parker

....Great. 15 minutes into the game and Breach gets sent off with two yellows. And we're at home, no less. Yeah, we're going to get killed.

Holy shit! Holy shit! We go up 2-0 at the half thanks to Budd and Nightingale (again) scoring goals! The team's fired up and inspired after Breach's bullshit booking! Parker played quite well in the first half, but he's tired now, so I send in the former starter D. Birmingham.

Nightingale gets a second goal and Watson punches one in, both thanks to superb setups by Wright, whose been amazing in passing the entire game. Minute 84 brings a goal by Thurrock to make it 4-1 and I sub in Russell and Murphy for their usual people.

And 4-1 is how it ends up! What a beautiful, beautiful win!!!! Stoner gets Man of the Match, which I can see, I guess, though in my opinion it really belongs to Wright.

As a result of the win, we flipflop places with Thurrock and are now 5th and in the playoff position! Though it's still insanely early in the season, it still feels good.

Mixed news comes when our second transfer shows up. Former Havant & Waterlooville DR Alec Masson might disrupt our team chemistry, or so fear our fans. Joy. Masson fires back the next day though, saying he's eager to prove the faith I've placed in him. I like the guy's fire and he'll get a chance to start next game too, what with Breach suspended and Piper having to move up to the defensive midfield position so a hole will be open.

We get a stroke of luck in our FA Cup 2nd round draw, too... getting Clevedon Town, a regional club.

St. Alban's manager Castle fires a salvo at Cambridge City, commenting that he'll skunk CC. Given Cambridge's ability to get ties at the last minute though, I wouldn't count them out myself. It's strangely appropriate however that a castle would be belittling a city.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #56
Izulde
Head Coach

Bishop's Stortford is up next in the league battles. We're 5th, they're 4th. Be nice to get a win out of this batch too, though with our screwed up lineup, it isn't all that likely.

DR: Masson
DMR: Piper

At halftime we're actually up 1-0! Setup master Wright got his first goal for us, after Watson gave him a beaut of a feed. 994 at this home game and I forgot to mention our last match was at home too, with 1042 people in attendance. Glad to see we're getting a lot more fans out there to watch us play.

Nightingale comes through with an insurance goal in minute 72 and it turns out it's one we need as Bishop's sneaks in a goal at the 83rd minute. The two Birminghams come on after that to replace Parker and Piper. BB for PP.

And that's the final score! Another win for us! Stoner this time was quite deservingly the Man of the Match. I'm starting to feel bad for bagging him earlier in the year because he's been on fire for us. Masson I thought played pretty well in his debut, enough that he and Piper will switch off at half once Breach comes back.

Whoot! With that win, we go up to 4th!!! Bishop's falls to 6th, thanks to Thurrock's knocking off the 2nd place team.

The team ahead of us? Weymouth of all squads, the one I almost applied for.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:44 PM   #57
Izulde
Head Coach

For the next match we take on H & W, Masson's old team that's ranked 16th. For a moment, I'm tempted to start him against them, but then refrain, figuring he can give us a first half boost. Breach is back by the way, allowing us to return to our original formation.

...Well, hell! Nobody's come to play today. We're down 2-0 at half and haven't even had a shot on goal. I think this one's a waste. Masson goes on for Piper and I hope he can shake them up.

We play better, even getting a few shots in, but nothing comes off. Just a horrible, horrible game all around. Singh in particular looked shaky. I really need another striker, another DM C, and another ML.

Ugh. Down all the way to 6th and out of playoff fun.

...Fuck. Nightingale's out for 2 weeks. Man, I fucking hate H & W now.

Old 05-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #58
Izulde
Head Coach

FA Cup Round 2 vs. that scrub team. Time for me to readjust my formation since Nightingale's out.

3-1-3-2-1 is my new formation until Nightingale gets back.

GK: Stoner
DR: Masson (I don't trust Piper not to screw this up for us and we need the money badly)
ML: Singh (By the way, I'm in talks for Che Wilson again and have offered up Howell as bait so we may get Singh out after all)
AMC: Russell

At the half we're up 2-1 on goals by Watson and... of all people... Singh. I'd like to be able to say that Singh did a brilliant move, but he didn't. It was actually a cross that fluked its way into the net. Not that I'm complaining of course. Though I *am* rather pissed that we gave up a goal to these nobodies.

In the 50th minute I sub Piper in for Masson, since our newest player is dogging out there.

Evidently the message worked because the guys go gangbusters after that! Watson nabs goal #2 and Beck and Russell snare their first goals for us!

5-1, we crush Clevedon like we deserve to. Sad thing is only 404 people showed up to watch.

We get a cool 6 grand added to our coffers as a result of the win, though that's tempered somewhat by the fact of Ben Watson being hurt for 5 days. I just hope he'll be ready in our time for our next match, whenever that is.

For our 3rd round Qualifying FA Cup Draw, we get Gloucester City, another regional team. They look like they have a really good squad though, and I wonder if we'll see them in Conference next year.

...Fuck. Wright is out for 2 weeks, making him doubtful for the next game. I'm irritated that they're calling it a relegation clash, though. I mean, Christ, we're in 6th place! We're not even close to being relegated.

Old 05-06-2005, 05:38 PM   #59
Izulde
Head Coach

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've got our replacement for Breach when his loan is done! Robbie Kember is a fantastic tackler, has good teamwork, and works fantastically hard.

In fact, he's so good, he can even replace Breach now.

Unfortunately he doesn't sign on in time for us to use him against Gloucester City in our 3rd round FA Cup matchup. Still, we do get good news when it's found that Nightingale is back for us and Howell and Wright are still hurting, but playable. The attempt for Wilson fell through once again because Southend is a bunch of greedy asshats.

MR: Murphy

In the 25th minute we're already down 2-0. Furious, I yank Singh, whose fuckup allowed the kick that scored one goal, and Murphy, just on general principle, for our two injured players. We need to advance in this thing.

Still down 2-0 at the half. Heh. I told you this was a good team. They better damn well be in Conference next year, or there's no justice in how the game determines what regional teams get promoted.

Heh. Nightingale gets a goal but I lose 2-1.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #60
Izulde
Head Coach

Coming up next in the league is Weston-super-mare, they of the 8th ranking in our conference. If we lose to them, they'll leapfrog us, so I really want at least a draw here, if not an outright win.

On a side note, lots of players are willing to come play for us now that we're doing so well. It's wonderful to see.

DMC: Kember

And we're up 1-0 at the half! An unlikely goal by Piper of all people has given us the edge after he knocked in on a beaut of a corner by Rutherford. I'm not happy with Stoner on goal kicks. I really need to look for a new goalie. Howell goes in for Singh and Russell takes Budd's place.

Nightingale scorches in a couple goals in the 2nd half and that's all we need though they get a meaningless goal at the very end.

3-1 victory!!! Man of the match was Nightingale as you might expect. A giant leapfrog to 3rd is our reward for this convincing win and Chairman Tom Martin once again *hearts* me. This is helping take the sting out of that FA Cup loss.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #61
Izulde
Head Coach

I discover that the board is very pleased with me as a manager and that the supporters are fully behind me. And to think I was sweating things out. Also, we get 30 year old Simon Bassey D/DM C on a transfer from AFC Wimbledon. He's a good tackler and has high team play ability and work ethic like I want in my players. For the moment, he'll back up Breach, whose supplanted Rutherford in ability, and be able to provide relief for Kember too, should he need it.

As it turns out, he shows up just in time for our match against 16th Maidenhead.

DC: Breach

It's all square at the half. I change formations, bringing Russell in for Watson and moving him down to AM C in the same formation we had when Nightingale was out. Singh comes on for Howell.

And it ends scoreless. Just a hardfought defensive match all around for our record 1098 fans. Piper gets Man of the Match and we fall back to 5th, still good enough for the playoffs.

Scarborough from Conference National fires Nick Henry, but I'm not listed as one of the candidates. That's fine by me. My Rocks are just starting to come together as a solid team and I'd hate to leave them now.

Redbridge's coach Craig Edwards talks shit about Margate after beating them, which is a stupid move in my mind. It's a nice way to get your ass handed to you next time.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #62
Izulde
Head Coach

Stafford Rangers, Notts County, and Swindon all fire their managers. A couple of those teams are way above my head, and the other is going to be relegated from Conference North. My name's not mentioned and I'm not interested.

1st round draw of the FA Trophy ensues and we thankfully don't draw the beast that is Gloucester. Instead, we draw King's Lynn, a regional team that looks like a cakewalk. Hooray! I really want to do well in the FA Trophy.

By October 1st, West Ham has fired their coach and once again there's no mention of me. Sutton United gives their manager an ultimatum as they're stuck down at 17th in our league. The board's very pleased with me and I'm very pleased with them. It's a veritable lovefest here in Nyewood.

Margate, the league leaders, are up next. I'm just hoping to get a draw out of this one.

We're down 1-0 at the half so we're still in striking distance. Budd just isn't on his game today, so I bring Russell in to replace him. In the 62nd minute, Singh replaces Howell and Bassey gets his first minutes for us replacing Kember.

We end up losing 2-0 after Stadhart gets a bullshit goal that should have been taken off due to offsides but the refs are homers. Punks. Okay so we clearly aren't on the level of Margate yet. Breach was the Man of the Match oddly enough, and Stoner just sucked it in goal today.

With the loss we're down to... 8th. Ugh.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #63
Izulde
Head Coach

The next match is the FA Trophy 1st round versus King's Lynn. Since it should be a pushover match, I decide to give Watson the rest he needs and put some guys in at the start who look to be lacking in match fitness. Ergo a new formation, a 4-1-3-1-1. Crazy? Yeah, but I like it that way

DL: D. Birmingham
DC: Bassey
AMC: Russell (Budd's injured for 5 days apparently)

Should I be surprised that it's 0-0 at the half? Maybe, maybe not. Both teams are playing sort of lackluster right now. Bassey's not with it today, so I bring in Rutherford for him and Singh replaces Howell. Russell's damn tired, but there's no one else I can bring in.

...FUCK!!! King's Lynn gets a fluke goal and just like that, we're out of the FA Trophy in the FIRST FUCKING ROUND LOSING TO A DAMN INFERIOR TEAM!!!

I don't believe this shit! Luckily only 162 people were there to watch us suck more than all the whores in an Amsterdamn brothel combined.

Stoke and Sutton United fire their managers the day after. I get the feeling I'll be joining them soon if we continue to play this damn poorly.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #64
Izulde
Head Coach

Castle sure likes to talk a lot of shit. Right now he's talking smack to H & W. I bet his ass gets relegated.

22nd Carhalston is up next and if we lose to them I'm going to rip someone's fucking head off. Watson's feeling better now, so we return to our original formation.

DL: D. Birmingham (Forgot to put Parker in too)
DR: Masson (Like an idiot I forgot to change out for Piper)
DMC: Breach (Kember's out with an injury)
ML: Howell
MR: Wright (but at least we get Wright back)
AMC: Russell (Budd's still hurt)

1-0 us at the half thanks to Watson, but both he and Nightingale aren't finishing like they should be. I hope that Nigerian striker I'm trying to nab wins the appeal of his work permit. Singh and Parker come on for Howell and D. Birmingham respectively. Masson's playing well enough that I don't send in Piper.

We barely hang on to win 1-0. I'm not happy with this effort at all. Watson and Nightingale both played for absolute shit. We should have won by like 80 billion, that's how many shots were missed. No man of the match for us. Frankly, we don't deserve it.

Oh and it's November now, in case I misspoke in an earlier post. I know I've misreported quite a few recent lineups and I apologize for that.

At least we're back up to 5th and the playoffs and the Chairman is happy with the win.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #65
Izulde
Head Coach

20th Hayes up. Let's get a win against them too, eh?

DR: Masson (I've decided he's playing better than Piper at the moment)

At the half, lead is 1-0 but only thanks to an own goal by the other side. Budd's looking a little tired so I send in Russell and Bassey comes on for Kember.

Fucking asshat Parker own goals and a 1-1 draw is what ends up being. Christ. The team is playing for such shit lately. I don't know what the hell is wrong with them. Watson missed on goal again a few times when he should have put it in. Howell wins Man of the Match and 931 poor people paid to watch this pissant of a contest.

Also, we're down to 6th and out of playoffs. Then again, with how terrible we're playing we don't deserve to go playoff and promotion hunting.

Look, it's two games in one post! No. 14 Newport County. Watson's injured so we have to switch to the 3-1-3-2-1 formation.

DL: Parker (I'll forgive him his sin)

At halftime we've grabbed a 1-0 lead thanks to Kember's beautiful feed of Russell on a corner. Piper replaces Masson and Singh replaces Howell in 62nd minute. Nightingale gets an insurance goal to make it 2-0 and at the 84th minute Murphy subs in for Wright after Newport scores to cut the lead to 2-1.

Another goal by Nightingale secures the 3-1 win for us. Naturally he's the Man of the Match and all 870 fans go home happy. I go home happy too. We're still stuck in 6th though, one spot away from the playoffs. Ugh.

Yaku, that Nigerian striker I wanted so badly got turned down, so I'll have to look to the other options I'm pursuing.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #66
Izulde
Head Coach

Tamsworth of Conference National, Nuneaton and Altrincham of Conference North, and Carshalton of our own league all fire their managers. I'm not mentioned on any of them, which is fine by me.

Some time later, Hayes fires their manager as they're stuck in relegation mode. We also get Neil Champion, a 29 year-old MRC from H & W. He's not as good at working with his teammates or as hard a worker as I'd like, but he's got great technical skills and will be an adequate replacement for Beck, who leaves soon.

In addition, Michael Currie, a 25 year-old striker from Hayes comes in. He's got horrible stamina and hasn't figured out how to play well in a team game yet, but he's willing to work at it. For now, he'll spell Watson and possibly end up replacing him when Ben leaves for his original team.

And it's official. Beck's gone from our team. But wait! He got released by Brighton and is now available for contract approaching!!!! I'm going after him right quick. He wants a one-year deal worth $24k with bonuses, which would put me over, so I cancel the bonuses and offer him $20k. I'm going to have to transfer somebody if he signs on.

Oh, and the board is delighted with me as of Dec 1st. Yay!

And Beck is ours!!!! I immediately start offering some of our transfer listed guys to a ton of other clubs.

Bournemouth fires their manager, Fulham gives theirs the nasty vote of confidence, and the guy at Oldham Athletic quits since the team is on the way to relegation anyway.

Welling and Canvey Island appear interested in Rutherford if I lower my demands for him from the $12K I originally have set, so I drop it down to $8K demands and offer again.

Lewes is up next in our conference battles. They're 12th ranked.

ML: Singh (Howell is once again injured)

Fuck. We're down 2-0 at the half and Stoner is just sucking it in goal. Damn it, this is not a loss we can afford. Off come Budd and Beck for Russell and Champion respectively.

I don't want to talk about the second half. Nightingale goes down an injury and Breach gets sent off with a red card. Champion gets his first goal for us on a brilliant free kick shot from 25 out, but we leak goals and lose 4-1. Fortunately, we only drop down to 7th. Still, our recent bad form over this last stretch of games has me worried.

Old 05-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #67
Desnudo
Coordinator

Conference National is the first level where you get awards and promotion odds.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:15 AM   #68
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Conference National is the first level where you get awards and promotion odds.

Thanks I'll have to see if I can really push to get promoted then

Old 05-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #69
Izulde
Head Coach

Playoff zone 5th Basingstoke is our next opponent and due to injuries and suspensions we've had to make some changes.

FC: Currie

At the half it's blank-blank and we can't mount any scoring chances. I switch to a 3-1-4-1-1 and put Champion in at the extra MC slot. Russell and Murphy replace Budd and Wright in minute 76.

And it ends up 0-0. Parker was the Man of the Match and Currie was terrible in his debut. We drop to 8th after that draw.

Old 05-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #70
Izulde
Head Coach

14th Redbridge is up next on the dock.

DR: Piper (Just to shake things up here)

Nightingale gets knocked out at minute 38 and naturally I forgot to include Currie in the subs, so I toss Champion out of position. Russell replaces Budd at 62nd. Bassey replaces Kember at 84.

Another 0-0 draw in front of 631 fans. We're losing fans fast. On top of that, we only got one decent look the entire game, the second one in a row we've had problems getting any offense going.

How can I fix this? This is really starting to worry me. Breach wins Man of the Match and Watson and Bassey played for crap. We stay in 8th after the draw.

We also have our first sale. MR Kevin Murphy goes to Accrington Stanley for $18,000 plus 50% of his next sale. I consider it a good deal since he was worth $32,000 originally, and after the transfer, his value shot up $48,000. I think by the time he gets sold again, his value will have skyrocketed even higher, thanks to Accrington's being in 2nd place in Conference National at the moment and we all know what promotion does for player values.

As a bonus, 2 games in 1 post. 3rd Weymouth. Yeah, we'll lose to these guys.

Yes!!! The scoreless drought is broken!!! Piper sends one down the line after a throw-in that Kember chips in! Yay!!! 1-0 us at half! When it hits 62, Champion replaces Beck. 68, Bassey for Breach.

And despite several tense moments for the rest of the half... we win! 1-0 victory for the Rocks!!!! What a huge, huge win this is for us! I forget who the Man of the Match is because I forgot to look, but hell, let's just say it was Piper, because he made some key stops down the stretch.

With the victory, we jump up to 6th and start eyeing a playoff position again.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:31 PM   #71
Izulde
Head Coach

Grays is the next opponent and they're the ones we're hoping to take down in pursuit of a playoff spot as they're just above us in the coveted five slot.

We're down 2-0 at the half because Stoner is just blowing the game. We also continue to have offensive woes. I think it's time for a change in formation after this game.

Uhh okay somehow it just skipped past the ENTIRE second half and we lost by that 2-0 margin.

I don't know how the hell that happened, but whatever. We drop back down to 8th.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:51 PM   #72
Izulde
Head Coach

20th ranked Dorchester up next and I decide to go with a 3-1-1-2-3 formation with everybody pulled in the middle.

GK:Stoner
DC:Rutherford
DC:Breach
DC:Bassey
DMC:Kember
MC:Beck
AMC:Russell
AMC:Budd
FC:Currie
FC:Watson
FC:Nightingale

Another 0-2 half. Ugh. FUCKING UGH!!!!

Watson gets a goal in the second but it's enough.

2-1 loss to a fucking relegation team. This team sucks. Down to 10th we go.

Despite that, the board is still delighted with me when the New Year rolls around, but Watson and Breach are both now gone on loan, even though Brighton was willing to transfer Breach.... the bastard dissed us.

Not a good start to the new year... and we still haven't figured out how to solve our offensive woes. On top of it, Stoner has suddenly started doing the chickenhead every game in goal.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #73
Izulde
Head Coach

With the departure of Watson and Breach, we're forced to implement a new formation and after much internal debate, I go with a 3-1-4-1-1 formation.

MC: Champion

3rd rank Hornchurch is the opposition today.

It's all empty at halftime. Currie and Russell sub in for Nightingale and Budd at 62. 74 sees Singh in for Howell.

0-0 is what it ends up at against the playoff contenders. 579 home fans were witness. With the tie, we move up on to 9th while Hornchurch drops to 6th. Always nice to take someone out of the playoff spot.

Unfortunately bad news comes after the match. Champion's knocked out for 3 weeks, Kember's knicked for 3 days, and Beck needs some rest. Just lovely. Looks like another formation change is in the offing.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #74
Izulde
Head Coach

18th Sutton United up next but it's not going to be a cakewalk. Thanks to a rash of injuries and exhaustion we have the following screwed up 3-1-2-3-1 lineup.

AMR: Rowland

Fuck. Down 1-0 at the half because Stoner's a slow shit. On top of it, Nightingale gets sent off just before the half is over. We.b.screwed. I make some changes to formations and subs that don't matter because we're done without our lone offensive threat. Granted, it was retaliation for their player gunning one of our guys and getting red carded, but still. Think Luke!

Naturally Currie fucks up a few chances in the second half that he should have had, Stoner continues to suck it out his ass and we lose 2-0, giving 567 fans nausea. Back down to 10th we slide.

I *finally* get Yaku, that Nigerian striker when on the second try his permit is approved... but then my fans bitch about him and think he'll upset the team chemistry.

Guess what guys? There is no fucking team chemistry with how shitty we've been playing.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:07 AM   #75
Izulde
Head Coach

A 4-1-3-1-1 is our formation vs 19th ranked St. Alban's.

FC: Yaku

Down 2-0 at the half. Their man Crawshaw has scored both goals. What the FUCK is wrong with this piece of shit team?! We're fucking losing to relegation battlers now!

And that's the way it ends 2-0.

We don't have any fucking offense and we can't fucking play defense or do anytthing on goal.

Why has this team gone to such utter shit lately?

Ugh. They're giving me a god damned migraine! 11th is our new table spot.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:20 PM   #76
Izulde
Head Coach

16th ranked Eastbourne Boro. Will we beat them? Probably not.

We're down 1-0 at the half and everyone is playing for absolute crap again. Nightingale's suspended for 2 games by the way. Singh for Howell and Yaku for Currie.

2-1 is the final score and of course our only goal was on an own goal.

Budd got sent off with a double yellow just after the start of the second too.

Wright got named man of the match for some reason even though Odubade of East scored the 2 goals for them.

This team is getting really depressing to manage.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:44 PM   #77
Izulde
Head Coach

Thurrock, just below us at 12, is on next. We've transferred in Paul Scott from Lewes as a striker, which allows us to switch to a 3-1-3-1-2 lineup in hopes of generating some offense. Budd's suspended for the match.

FC: Scott

... Down 3-0 at the half. Stoner was rated a 5 last game and he's probably like a 3 now. Absolutely shitty tending and the sad part is, I have no backup goalie to take his place. The one guy transfer-listed at keeper sucks even worse than he does. Can I hang myself now?

3-0 is it at the final whistle. I don't remember the last time we scored a goal of our own free will.

Adding insult to injury is that Lee Parker goes down with a month-long groin injury. David Birmingham isn't going to cut it back there, so when I finally get interviewed by the media for the first time in my career, I confess that losing Parker absolutely kills a team already in disarray.

As if that weren't enough, loudmouth Castle was able to flee the Conference South and hook up with Mansfield. Sure they're battling relegation right now, but it's still a promotion.

Oh and we're 12th in the table now.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:00 AM   #78
Izulde
Head Coach

Up next, 3rd ranked Cambridge City. Sure we'll likely lose, but for the first time in a long time, I have hope for this team... but I can't reveal the source of that hope just yet.

We've got Nightingale back, by the way, as well as Budd.

FC: Scott

At the last minute I switched to a 4-1-2-1-2 but of course, Rutherford gets his ass sent off right before the halftime whistle blows and we're down 1-0. Yaku comes on for Nightingale.

Russell comes on for Budd at 83 but nothing matters.

4-0 blowout is the final score and we drop another place to 13th. It's been umpteen games since we've scored a goal of our own free will and even longer since we won a game, I think.

Nightingale, Bassey, and Rutherford are all suspended for our next game. Great, another game with nothing to speak of on offense.

But help is on the way!

For we've signed Danny Knowles, a 19 year old GK from Gillingham who beats the stuffing out of Stoner in every way possible and....

BEN WATSON!!!!!

Yes, that's right, our wunderkind from our happy period is now back in Rocks green and white!!!

We're at 17th as of the start of our next game though, so it's not as pretty as it could be.

Still, for the first time in a long time... there's a ray of hope flickering amongst our dark dwelling of despair.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:31 PM   #79
Izulde
Head Coach

With fresh renewal of dreaming, we face 12th Welling. Unfortunately injuries and suspensions have hit us heavily, so we're forced to make another new formation, this time a 2-1-3-2-2.

GK: Knowles

Damn it! 10 minutes into the game Russell goes down with an injury. Rowland replaces him and I shift over the AMC to AMR.

Oh my god!!! Oh my god!!! Yaku scores on an assist from Watson in minute 33 and we're 1-0 at at the half!!! Watson has truly revitalized this team as that's Yaku's first goal for us! The drought is over! The drought is over!! Knowles has also been fantastic in the net and has been brilliant on goal kicks, unlike that cocknugget Stoner who always kicked it to the other team. Piper comes on for Masson.

Yaku scores on a PK in 56 and we're up 2-0!!! Scott comes on for Watson in 61. Man, I'm loving this game right about now. We really, *really* needed a game like this.

...And right when I say that, they score and Budd gets sent off. Our lead is cut to 2-1. Shit!

But then Yaku comes through at 71 with another goal to get a HAT TRICK!!!! What a great time for him to explode with the triple, particularly since they score another goal but we stay clear until then.

3-2 win, our first victory in a long, long time. Enjoy it, ye 310 diehard home supporters.

This game certainly has highlighted the importance of having somebody in centre D. Yaku was Man of the Match naturally.

Not bad for a guy our supporters were originally leery of. With the win we polevault all the way back up to 12th!!!

The bad news? Budd's suspended, Howell's out for 2 weeks and Champion and Russell are likewise hurt for a week. Hope they heal before our next game.

A couple of firings occur just before the new month and I'm tempted to apply for the Barnet job, but at the last minute I decide to stay here in Bognor now that it looks like we may have things turned around.

I suspect it's largely because of getting Watson and the win we just had, but as of February 1st, the board and fans are both delighted with me. Yay!

Old 05-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #80
Izulde
Head Coach

4th ranked Weston-Super Mare is the next opponent. Due to injuries and suspensions (a common theme it seems) we unveil a 4-1-3-2 formation.

MC: Beck (with an arrow running forward)

A classic Nightingale to Watson feed gets us on board and with the lead in the 18th minute after one of their blokes get sent off at 11 with a red card. The bad part? They grab a goal and Singh and Watson both shank PKs so we're all tied up at 1 at the half. How the bleeding hell do you shank two PKs?! Rowland comes on for Beck and I move MC to AMR.

67 Yaku comes on for Nightingale

We get a few more chances but it ends up with a 1-1 tie. I'll take that against a presently playoff-bound team, but it's still disappointing to know what might have been.

More pleasing to see is that we had 429 fans show up for this home game. Man of the Match was Wright and Singh absolutely sucked it hardcore with a 4. I need to get rid of him.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #81
SelzShoes
High School Varsity

A decent, but could be better set of matches. Keep plugging Tim--you'll get 'em there.
SelzShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #82
Izulde
Head Coach

A few things happen in between our last game and our next one. Piper gets transferred to Conference National Crawley Town for $12k which pisses off the Crawley faithful. I'd be mad, too. Shelling out that kind of money for a guy who couldn't even start for a Conference South team is nuts. Not that I mind of course

Also, we bring in DR Jay Thompson from Swansea Reserves to take Piper's place as Masson's backup.. and just in time, it turns out, as Masson gets hurt for two weeks right before Thompson joins us. And immediately after Thompson's coming on board? Our next game. We're playing 9th H & W. A 3-1-3-1-2 lineup for this game.

DR: Thompson (who said he was really eager and looking forward to his debut in the papers)
DMC: Bassey (Kember's suspended)

48 seconds. That's all that's needed for Watson to feed Nightingale for the goal. Yeah, these two play beautifully together. H & W scores a goal, but Watson scores off a rebound caused by Nightingale's shot to give us a 2-1 lead at the half. Thompson's doing pretty well in his debut too. Have I mentioned that Watson and Nightingale are in harmony with one another when they play? Howell's looking winded, so I bring Champion on in sub and switch ML to MC.

70 Russell replaces Budd

79 Yaku replaces Watson

Damn it! They sneak a goal in at the 83rd minute and we end up with a 2-2 tie.

Argh! Once again, so damn close! Still, it's better than the losing streak we had all throughout January.

Sadly, we drop to 15th with the draw.

To make the news worse, D. Birmingham is out for 5 days and Beck is out for 2 weeks with injuries.

We desperately need to grab a DL on the transfer market or we're screwed. The left side was where we allowed that second goal last game too.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #83
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelzShoes
A decent, but could be better set of matches. Keep plugging Tim--you'll get 'em there.

Thanks Selz. I get the feeling this team isn't all that far away from contending for promotion. Getting Watson and Knowles were both huge... I have a feeling once Lee Parker comes back from injury, we'll really be in a stronger position.

Old 05-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #84
Izulde
Head Coach

We're playing #17 Bishop's Stortford this go-round and have to make some adjustments to our 3-1-3-1-2 as we have no viable DL player.

DR: Thompson

.... And apparently no one's come to play today. We're down 2-0 at the half and everyone is acting like they're lost. I put Rowland in for Wright and shift MR up to AMR to see if we can get some offensive punch going.

At 71 Watson scores to pull us within 1 and I send out Yaku for Nightingale.

They tack on an insurance goal and that's it.. 3-1 final score. Knowles and Wright played horrible games and I may have to evaluate the squad at keeper and right midfield some more.

We also tumble down to 17th.

Old 05-28-2005, 07:33 PM   #85
Izulde
Head Coach

Up next, 8th ranked Maidenhead. We're back to our normal formation.

They go up 1-0 at minute 19 and I'm getting depressed.. but then Nightingale finishes off a Watson bouncer in 24 and we're tied 1-1! Even better, Bassey makes a brilliant interception not long after that and shoots up to Howell who laces it to Budd.. and Budd drives right through until he shoots one past the keeper to have us up 2-1!!

...Unfortunately they tack on 2 quick ones after that and we're down 3-2 at half. Yes, I definitely need a new keeper because both of mine suck the big one. Singh comes on for Howell.

62 they score a goal to more or less finish us at 4-2 and Yaku replaces Watson.

5-2 is the final when they put in another. A horrible game all around for us. We freefall to 18th.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #86
Izulde
Head Coach

4th ranked Margate comes on next and we'll probably get our asses kicked. Why? Because we're fighting relegation and the team has been off form like crazy lately. Oh well, at least Paradox's forums being down gives me an excuse to update this dynasty some more.

Dull first half. Only a couple shots on both sides and we're all even at null when the first whistle blows.

61 Yaku and Scott replace Nightingale and Watson.

82 They score and Russell replaces Budd.

But wait! We're not done! At 85 Yaku feeds a brilliant cross to Russell who bangs it in! 1-1 tie!

...But then, just two minutes later... Margate scores again on an oopsie goal. A free kick pass bounced off the receiver's foot and in for a 2-1 lead.

And that's how it ends after Scott's amazing blast is stopped by their keeper and Wright fucks up the corner that follows.

Christ. Another bloody loss. Fortunately we stay at 18th.

On February 25th, Hayes coach Liam Watson decides to talk shit, saying he's going to take down my boys when we play our next game.

Who the hell is he to talk shit to me? His team's in 21st place and guaranteed to drop if they stay there! I fire back acidly commenting that there's no way in hell Hayes is going to avoid getting booted down to the obscurity of regional play. Parker, Budd, and Nightingale all have my back. Yeah punks!

So it's up against the bastards we go.

We've got a new fellow joining us, AM/F R C Karl O'Donnell from Vauxhall Motors Reserves. He may shockingly end up replacing Nightingale in the starting lineup, but for now, he's going to be a top sub.

DL: Parker (He's back!)
DR: Masson (So is he!)

You know that thing called Murphy's Law? Well, half of the first half has gone by and three things have happened:

1) Kember scored a goal... for the other team!
2) Fucking Hayes added on a legit goal. 2-0 lead for them.
3) Beck had a hissy fit and got tossed from the game.

So now we're down to 10 men with a 2 goal deficit. I say fuck it and throw O'Donnell up top to make it a 3 striker formation. We'll get at least one goal out of this sham.

Guess what happens right after that? O'Donnell gets injured you say? We have to play with 9 guys while he gets hurt you say?! You're absolutely frigging right! Although I will say, it was damn cool seeing O'Donnell on the endline next to the P physio in Bogner Regis colours.

Skip it, I'm not going to make any subs. It doesn't matter. We'll lose anyway down 2-0 at the half.

This is where the team surprises me and makes a hell of a comeback, right?

...Wrong.

Midway through the second half, I notice Hayes has a K. Warner playing for them. Apparently this was the St. Louis version of K. Warner, because Hayes was an absolute juggernaut on offense today.

Final Score?

4-0. We lose. To fucking HAYES! I have officially been pwned.

Everybody got a 6 on our team except two guys. One got higher, the other got lower. Beck got a 4 for his red card performance.

And the guy with a 7, the highest for us the entire game?

Robbie Kember, who scored Hayes's first goal.

Yeah, it was that kind of match.

Good news, though! We're still in 18th!

Then the bad news comes along, rumbling like a sadistically happy thunderhead cloud.

1) The board is mad that we got our asses kicked.
2) Watson needs a rest.
3) Nightingale got his elbow wonked and is out 5 days.

Okay, I'm depressed now. Time to go have a couple drinks at the neighbourhood pub.

Old 06-07-2005, 03:21 PM   #87
Izulde
Head Coach

By the first of March, the board is simply satisfied with me, yet the fans still love and adore me. Good enough.

Wars of words are being waged to and fro all throughout Conference South as we go into the last weeks of the season.

As it turns out, we've got a date with a fellow relegation battler, 22nd Carlshalton. I make a slight switch in that I take Kember out and go with a 4-3-1-2 formation.

*sigh*. They nudge in a goal at 30 and we're down 1-0 at the half. O'Donnell subs in for Nightingale.

Heh. Howell fucking scores a bloody god damned own goal in the second half, our second in as many games.

We lose 2-0 to the 22nd team and I'm wondering what in the hell to do now.

...And just like that, we're 20th and in the drop zone.

Oh look, Welling United fired their head coach! On a whim, I apply for the job.

It turns out to be a good thing too, as on March 6th, I'm given the dastardly vote of confidence by the hateful board. Damn it, the fans still love me so get off my back, you hosers!

March 9th, Leigh RMI is officially relegated to join the English Conference either North or South next season. Sucks to be them.

12th ranked Newport County up next. I've once again changed to a 3-1-3-1-2 formation, but without the damn ML.

Newport scores at 21 and I'm thinking we're done... but then in 32, Nightingale makes a brilliant pass to Budd who kicks it in and we're tied 1-1!! Yay!!!!

...Of course my excitement is karmically punished by the FM gods as the boys in orange get a revenge goal immediately after, then convert a PK just to add insult to injury.

Down 3-1 at the half. How many games it has been since we've won now? 8? 9? D. Birmingham for Parker whose banged up.

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?! ANOTHER FUCKING OWN GOAL?! CHAMPION YOU ASSHATTING FUCKBAIT!!!

This is fucking ridiculous! 3 fucking own goals in 3 straight bloody fucking games?! Christ, Welling United please accept my fucking application already! I now officially hate Bognor Regis.

77 Howell for Champion and revert back to our usual formation and O'Donnell in for Budd.

Another goal is scored! Guess by who? If you said Newport, you win!

5-1 final score. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Newport is a bunch of speedsters, as they all seemed to move faster than any of the other teams we've played against. This gives me an idea for reconstructing my next team, if I ever do get one.

At 20th we stay. Another day, another vote of confidence.

Interestingly enough, the Newport coach gets his own vote of confidence the next day.

13th ranked Lewes on next. I switch to a 3-4-1-2 formation.

0-0 tie at the half. At least we didn't allow any goals for a half for once. Yaku subs in for knocked Watson.

And of course, right after the half, Knowles makes the stupidest damn free kick in history, right to a black and red Lewes guy, who kicks it in from 40 out and we're down 1-0. Somebody kill me now! Please?

O'Donnell on for Budd at 71.

...And that's how it ends. 1-0 because of a keeper screwup. Still 20th, though. And once more, a vote of confidence.

Our next game is against #2 Basingstoke but I don't want to sit through that massacre, so I'll wait until later to do so.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #88
Izulde
Head Coach

Okay so I'm a glutton for punishment. #2 Basingstoke up next. I'm staying with the 3-4-1-2 formation since that worked out all right against Lewes.

FC: Yaku (Watson's hurt)

Yes!!! In the second minute of the game, Beck sneaks it to Budd who chips it in for the goal!! 1-0 us!!

...Naturally they immediately fire back with a free kick from 25 out that strikes home.

But right after, Wright-Champion-Nightingale.. GOAL! 2-1 lead.

Sadly, they score a goal a while later at 21, and we're tied 2-2 at half. Nightingale's hurt so O'Donnell comes on in place of him.

By the time of 60, they've notched 2 goals and have taken a 4-2 lead that's insurmountable I'm sure. Bassey's getting smoked out there, so I put Kember in, even though Robbie's not a fullback.

Finally the nightmare ends, but not before one of their defenders gets his first ever goal.

5-2. I'm beginning to think we'll never win again.

We're still in 20th, but Nightingale's hurt again.

Knowles gets blasted in the paper, but then a bit of good news comes....

Welling United offers me a contract! They've got a $28K transfer budget, a lot more than I have right now... unfortunately they're also very much over their wages budget, so they'll want me to cut that down.

No problem... I'll dump the expensive, useless players, even a cut-rate if I have to.

Park View Road, here I come!

Nice, they only want a safe midtable position here, which is where they're at in the standings. This was also what Bognor Regis had wanted, and with a lot crappier players too.

The people rumoured to replace me are all ex-managers of other low-ranking Conference North/South squads who got fired earlier in the season. Good luck managing a likely relegation team, whoever is foolish enough to replace me.