sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

OT: Who's going to Gencon?

And will you buy me some stuff?

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
Pacersfan46
H.S. Freshman Team

HOLY .... Gencon is going to be here in 2 weeks!!!

I forgot all about it.

Hehehe
Pacersfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #3
Warhammer
Pro Starter

The WBC is this weekend.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Sure wish I could go to WBC, seems like it would be a lot of fun.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I'll be there. Maybe I could pick you up some freebies or something...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #6
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Sure wish I could go to WBC, seems like it would be a lot of fun.

One of the girls from my game group is going. If you happened to follow the beginner's WW game on BGG, Atalanta is the one going.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #7
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
One of the girls from my game group is going. If you happened to follow the beginner's WW game on BGG, Atalanta is the one going.

I didn't, it's hard enough for me to keep up with the games I'm playing in and modding!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:24 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

heheh. Can't wait.. tommorrow's last day of work before my trip...

if you think I'm going to get ANYTHING done at work
Old 08-15-2005, 08:31 PM   #9
Bee
Pro Starter

I'll be there. Me, my wife and my lawyer (insert joke here) are flying out on Wednesday.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:55 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh.

Hope to see you there, Bee. If anyone else is there, let me know. I'm open to meeting folks, and getting em a beverage of their choice.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:18 PM   #11
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm envious of you guys, I've never been to Gencon.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

A lot of my friends are gonna be there. I was invited, but didn't particularly feel like going.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 08-15-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:21 PM   #13
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Went once in 1998. Awesome. No other word for it. Worked a booth for a company I was freelancing for, got to meet a lot of the old timers (Gygax, Marc Miller, Steve Jackson). Awesome, awesome time.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:23 PM   #14
Eilim
High School Varsity

Since I just started a new job, I can't really get the time off to go. Its breaking my heart, even if saving my wallet. Game of Thrones, Mutants and Masterminds 2e, Thieves World... *sigh* Guess the UPS guy will become my new best friend over the next few months. Still waiting on the bastard to deliver my Spycraft 2e.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #15
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I flying to Michigan on Wednesday and then driving down to Indy with some friends that nice. There is some brew pub type place that has dollar pints on Wednesdays. This is not to be missed...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #16
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

For those going: Check out the new Axis & Allies and give me feedback on it.
Thanks.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #17
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Thanks.

The A&A Collectible Miniature Game.. uuuururrrrrrghhhh.. I will, but be forewarned, I am biased against it
Old 08-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #18
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Thanks.

The original A&A game designer, Larry Harris, will be at the Eagle Games booth... Just in case anyone wanted to get an autographed rulebook, etc.

-Chas
Old 08-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #19
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

dola...

I'll be there Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday... without 'net access... (unless I use one on-site)

-Chas

Last edited by Chas in Cinti : 08-16-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Chas in Cinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #20
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'm looking forward to the A&A miniatures game but, I'm just hoping to get a bunch of miniatures on the cheap in the future and possibly use them for the Flames of War game...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #21
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I flying to Michigan on Wednesday and then driving down to Indy with some friends that nice. There is some brew pub type place that has dollar pints on Wednesdays. This is not to be missed...

RAM Brewery... mmmmm... wish I could get there on Wednesday instead of Thursday morning.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:45 PM   #22
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Well, what did you fellas think of the Con this year? Any reports?

I had a blast as always. Though the group of friends I go with focused more on RPing with our group then taking part in general gaming.

We hit the "Rock Bottom Brewery" on Wednesday night. $2 pints is always good. That night we played "Maul of America", a board game in which you are a group of survivors that raid a mall to gain supplies or to lock it down, while being attacked by zombies. Basically, a "Dawn of the Dead" boardgame. A friend of mine wrote some new rules (even had them published) for the game and we've been playing it at every con for a few years. Good fun and a game you can play while drinking.

Thursday we hit the dealer's room a bit. It was a bit smaller this year, as they moved the art show into the back corner of the room. Apparently booths are pretty expensive, so a lot of exhibitors can't make it. Games Workshop did not come for the second consecutive year. I guess they are doing their own thing now. Saw a few games of interest, including the Serenity RPG (based off "Firefly"), the Game of Thrones RPG (D20, though I have already pre-ordered it), and some others. Since I game only once or twice a year, I wasn't looking to pick anything up and didn't. That night we played some D&D.

Friday we did a little more at the dealer room, but basically stuck around and RP'd. I ran a Modern d20 psyhic thing. That night we played "Arkham Horror" a new board game. Basically a Call of Cthulhu board game. It was a lot of fun. Never played it before. Very good game. It's pricey at $50, but well worth it. Lots of cool pieces, good art, solid all around. A good game, lots of drinking.

Saturday we hit the dealer room for a bit, grabbed lunch at the RAM Brewery (they really cater to the geeks, posters, signs, a special menu, it was nice), and finished off D&D and the Modern d20 game. We also played a bit of Mutants & Masterminds and drank.

Sunday, we left.

Back in the day we used to sign up for a lot of RP games, but they all pretty much sucked. The only one of note was the Cthulhu Masters Tournament. Played that for a few years, ran it for three, and then backed out. We basically are now using GenCon as an excuse to get together once a year, drink, have fun, and game. Some of my friends still run some games (Maul of America and a modified 40k game), but not much more than that.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:49 PM   #23
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, what did you fellas think of the Con this year? Any reports?

I had a blast as always. Though the group of friends I go with focused more on RPing with our group then taking part in general gaming.

We hit the "Rock Bottom Brewery" on Wednesday night. $2 pints is always good. That night we played "Maul of America", a board game in which you are a group of survivors that raid a mall to gain supplies or to lock it down, while being attacked by zombies. Basically, a "Dawn of the Dead" boardgame. A friend of mine wrote some new rules (even had them published) for the game and we've been playing it at every con for a few years. Good fun and a game you can play while drinking.

Thursday we hit the dealer's room a bit. It was a bit smaller this year, as they moved the art show into the back corner of the room. Apparently booths are pretty expensive, so a lot of exhibitors can't make it. Games Workshop did not come for the second consecutive year. I guess they are doing their own thing now. Saw a few games of interest, including the Serenity RPG (based off "Firefly"), the Game of Thrones RPG (D20, though I have already pre-ordered it), and some others. Since I game only once or twice a year, I wasn't looking to pick anything up and didn't. That night we played some D&D.

Friday we did a little more at the dealer room, but basically stuck around and RP'd. I ran a Modern d20 psyhic thing. That night we played "Arkham Horror" a new board game. Basically a Call of Cthulhu board game. It was a lot of fun. Never played it before. Very good game. It's pricey at $50, but well worth it. Lots of cool pieces, good art, solid all around. A good game, lots of drinking.

Saturday we hit the dealer room for a bit, grabbed lunch at the RAM Brewery (they really cater to the geeks, posters, signs, a special menu, it was nice), and finished off D&D and the Modern d20 game. We also played a bit of Mutants & Masterminds and drank.

Sunday, we left.

Back in the day we used to sign up for a lot of RP games, but they all pretty much sucked. The only one of note was the Cthulhu Masters Tournament. Played that for a few years, ran it for three, and then backed out. We basically are now using GenCon as an excuse to get together once a year, drink, have fun, and game. Some of my friends still run some games (Maul of America and a modified 40k game), but not much more than that.

Dude, you really are a huge nerd.

Don't tell the Lions.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:53 PM   #24
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

HB,

Clear some of your PMs! I can't respond!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:54 PM   #25
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Dude, you really are a huge nerd.

Don't tell the Lions.

I am a glorious nerd (though probably technically closer to a "geek"), but I am also super cool!

(at least that's what my mama always told me)
Old 08-23-2005, 02:54 PM   #26
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It was pretty neat. I'm going through trip withdrawl, so details aren't really my forte.. but tonight or tommorrow, when I get back into the swing of things I will update
Old 08-23-2005, 02:55 PM   #27
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
I am a glorious nerd (though probably technically closer to a "geek"), but I am also super cool!

(at least that's what my mama always told me)

Anyone who unleashes Lightning Bolt upon us is OK in my book.

*I think you originally posted that.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:57 PM   #28
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
HB,

Clear some of your PMs! I can't respond!

Done! Sorry about that!

Oh yeah, I picked Sachmo up a cool "Order of the Stick" t-shirt and book.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:59 PM   #29
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

sweet! HB rules!
Old 08-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #30
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Wasn't that HFP?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:03 PM   #31
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Wasn't that HFP?

ahh, yeah I think so now. good work.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #32
JeeberD
General Manager

It's scary the amount of useless crap I remember about this board...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:05 PM   #33
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Don't think I can take credit for that unfortunately. But I've unleashed all sorts of goodness.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:08 PM   #34
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Don't think I can take credit for that unfortunately. But I've unleashed all sorts of goodness.

not on me, mr.